Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Canadians - where have you been finding your zen3 chips? I've been checking Canada Computers (my preferred retailer) several times daily and I haven't seen stock levels budget once on either of the chips (although i'm only interested in the 5900x i'm still looking at the other 2 for fun).

If you don't mind overpaying you can go for Extreme-pc or check newegg for Aeromalls getting stock. Those go between 899-999 CAD.

Hah! I can wait :p

I don't even want to pay the $759.99 that alot of retailers have it at now since it launched at $729.99. I have a feeling it'll be back to $729.99ish when the super-restock eventually happens

I've been waiting so long...a little longer won't kill me

same thing here, if its still showing pending review tomorrow morning, I will give them a call and see what they say.
I called tigerdirect this morning and the reason why it shows "pending review" is because the order was placed online and those orders have to be reviewed by a manager to make sure the order wasn't placed with a bot. Best thing to do is call them up and have them convert the online order to a phone order which will bypass the manager review. Supposedly you will not lose your line in the order placed queue. The representative who I spoke to unfortunately told me they have about 1500 cpu orders ahead of me which could be bots or companies ordering up a ton at once. He also told me the chips are on back order with a release date of December 15th and I will be one of the others who have their ordered approved to get one at that time. Who knows what it all means but at least I got one pre-ordered with a 2020 date unlike other sites that give next year as an eta. Basically if you ordered one from tigerdirect online, I'd highly advise you give them a call this morning to have them convert it to a phone order.

Canadians - where have you been finding your zen3 chips? I've been checking Canada Computers (my preferred retailer) several times daily and I haven't seen stock levels budget once on either of the chips (although i'm only interested in the 5900x i'm still looking at the other 2 for fun).
Canadacomputers is taking instore backorders, a week ago i was 6th in line, now i am next. this is on a 5800x, i know the least desirable one, but also the one with the shortest line:)

I have never lined up for hardware at MC before. Say if I am one of the first in line for a video card. will they also let me get a 5900x or 5950x at the same time or will they limit to one or the other?

I have never lined up for hardware at MC before. Say if I am one of the first in line for a video card. will they also let me get a 5900x or 5950x at the same time or will they limit to one or the other?
Not sure as we don't have the MC stores here BUT if you get both and decide to sell the 5950x, I am in :D Sorry..desperate soul here with a sad x570 mobo looking for a brain

Not sure as we don't have the MC stores here BUT if you get both and decide to sell the 5950x, I am in :D Sorry..desperate soul here with a sad x570 mobo looking for a brain
I would but I am planning to use it. My computer been stripped down for week waiting in getting a new cpu and gpu.

Allocation must have ran out while I was trying to check out :(
5800X-Amazon.jpg

Tiger told me they expect the 5900x shipment first week of December so nothing in stock right now as expected

Also, when checking Newegg, make sure to check the bundled stock first and not the CPU only direct link. Seemingly they do not restock that but do restock the bundle.

I called tigerdirect this morning and the reason why it shows "pending review" is because the order was placed online and those orders have to be reviewed by a manager to make sure the order wasn't placed with a bot. Best thing to do is call them up and have them convert the online order to a phone order which will bypass the manager review. Supposedly you will not lose your line in the order placed queue. The representative who I spoke to unfortunately told me they have about 1500 cpu orders ahead of me which could be bots or companies ordering up a ton at once. He also told me the chips are on back order with a release date of December 15th and I will be one of the others who have their ordered approved to get one at that time. Who knows what it all means but at least I got one pre-ordered with a 2020 date unlike other sites that give next year as an eta. Basically if you ordered one from tigerdirect online, I'd highly advise you give them a call this morning to have them convert it to a phone order.
I just called and she said there was ~1482 or something like that back orders.. she said there was no way of telling where in line I was and that it would be by the end of the year they are guessing. My order was at 7:32 last night.

I just called and she said there was ~1482 or something like that back orders.. she said there was no way of telling where in line I was and that it would be by the end of the year they are guessing. My order was at 7:32 last night.
Its crazy how within minutes, they had over 1000 units sold. I'd imagine a lot of those orders were done with bots and mostly will be cancelled/refunded. Hopefully thats the case and our position in line will get moved up. The guy I talked to said they are getting in a huge shipment on the 15th, not sure how accurate that statement is but if its true then most other retailers would be getting restocked around that time as well.

Saw a batch of 5800x available for purchase on CanadaComputers website today - a good sign that things are moving along

always seems to be BC, last week each of the BC stores listed 5+
yah but with CC can't you purchase online and have it transferred to your local store? It's never come up where I buy something that's in stock at one store but not mine - but I just assumed that was an option

yah but with CC can't you purchase online and have it transferred to your local store? It's never come up where I buy something that's in stock at one store but not mine - but I just assumed that was an option
Not that i have been able to do, and i have tried:)

yes but I bet it would be delivered mid dec, amazon dates are always very conservative.

fyi, the 5900x and 5950x pages changed a few times today on NewEgg, but they appear to be just visual updates. At one point they had the "lowest Black Friday" guarantee on them, but now they don't, which is curious...

fyi, the 5900x and 5950x pages changed a few times today on NewEgg, but they appear to be just visual updates. At one point they had the "lowest Black Friday" guarantee on them, but now they don't, which is curious...
They all restocked yesterday on Newegg. Keep your eyes out on weekdays starting at 4PM PST. They have been restocking the 3000 series too.

They all restocked yesterday on Newegg. Keep your eyes out on weekdays starting at 4PM PST. They have been restocking the 3000 series too.
Thanks for the tip! I've been watching all day for 2 days now and haven't yet seen the 59xx in stock.

My Tiger Direct order for the 5900X now shows cancelled. I talked to their support via chat today to ask about the "Pending Review" status. I was assured that they were processing orders and it would change status to processing within one to two days and would be shipped when it was available. Now it shows cancelled.

Last edited:
My Tiger Direct order for the 5900X now shows cancelled. I talked to their support via chat today to ask about the "Pending Review" status. I was assured that they were processing orders and it would change status to processing within one to two days and would be shipped when it was available. Now it shows cancelled.
What rubbish this launch is. Tiger always seemed a reputable company many years ago, sorry to hear they did that to you.

When I first saw the post/link I was excited - Yay! I'm finally going to be able to place an actual order! Then I saw that it involved Tiger Direct. Well, I noped out immediately. Never go full Tiger Direct. Never.

My Tiger Direct order for the 5900X now shows cancelled. I talked to their support via chat today to ask about the "Pending Review" status. I was assured that they were processing orders and it would change status to processing within one to two days and would be shipped when it was available. Now it shows cancelle

That is so lame!
I got one showing cancelled (i emailed them to cancel it) and one showing backordered.

Same, I called to ask the same and was told I would get a call back today. Never got a call and now the order is calcelled.

When I first saw the post/link I was excited - Yay! I'm finally going to be able to place an actual order! Then I saw that it involved Tiger Direct. Well, I noped out immediately. Never go full Tiger Direct. Never.
Same. I don't know how they stay in business.

On the bright side, Walmart fixed the price on their 5900x!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X-12-core-24-thread-Desktop-Processor/159710953

Out of stock like everywhere else, but it's another potential source that will eventually be in stock. (Presumably.)

Back