Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I may relent and pick up a 5600 as that seems to be more in stock. I'm also annoyed at the ps5 situation too but I am a pc gamer first

Seems like the 5600x and 5800x are getting stocked every few days. 5900x seems non existent even more so than the 5950x. I've been monitoring MC here in houston and the 5900x almost never shows up but the 5950x does. 5600x is really quite easy to get, everytime I've been to MC to pick up things its in stock.
EDIT: For me I am going to give it another week to find a 5900x if not Ill just chug along on the 3600 until BH fills my 5900x or 5950x pre order (whichever comes first).
Would you be willing to grab me a 5950x please? I would tip ya 50 or 100 bucks?

Would you be willing to grab me a 5950x please? I would tip ya 50 or 100 bucks?
They sold out before I could get one. Microcenter is only allowing 1 5000 series CPU per person or household I don't remember. I would help you guys out but I already bought a 5600x so I need to use my wife/father for my 5900/5950x. Also I will only camp out one more time for the RX6000 series launch.
How accurate is the microcenter website regarding their stock?
Pretty accurate if you are using the mobile site and its after closing. It seems that they update their stock around 3-5 am cst. But during store hours it seems to not update for a bit. Use shipping as your store to check stock for all the stores.

Ok don’t hate me if you’ve been trying hard to get a 5950x. I had no intention or interest in getting it but one of the bots I follow had an Amazon alert so i grabbed it:
C5338B22-493E-415D-B029-C0CE91C47E87.png
Amazon tends to deliver early so i guess ill start looking around for a motherboard and then sell my 9900k setup when it gets here. The next decision i have to make is whether I should sell my Strix 3080 and get a 6900xt or just stick with it since nvidia plans to have their own version of SAM. Hmmmm...

Ok don’t hate me if you’ve been trying hard to get a 5950x. I had no intention or interest in getting it but one of the bots I follow had an Amazon alert so i grabbed it:
View attachment 299235
Amazon tends to deliver early so i guess ill start looking around for a motherboard and then sell my 9900k setup when it gets here. The next decision i have to make is whether I should sell my Strix 3080 and get a 6900xt or just stick with it since nvidia plans to have their own version of SAM. Hmmmm...

lucky you! nice one.

Good catch!

I wasn't expecting anyone to get new stock on the weekend. I wasn't home to watch it anyhow. :(

I have been expecting some good news from B&H seeing that there is people claiming to have received Emails about delivery dates of December 21st (I think that is the earliest so far) and were people that ordered after I did....BUT I just got a reply from someone that is higher than the usual chat reps that destroyed my hope....

"In my last conversation with the buyer on Thursday we do not expect to see any of these before the January to March 2021 timeframe. I am not sure where the customers received this information from and I would not speculate until any actually start shipping to us."

I sure hope that somehow there is some miscommunication internally otherwise, this is a killer blow.

I have been expecting some good news from B&H seeing that there is people claiming to have received Emails about delivery dates of December 21st (I think that is the earliest so far) and were people that ordered after I did....BUT I just got a reply from someone that is higher than the usual chat reps that destroyed my hope....

"In my last conversation with the buyer on Thursday we do not expect to see any of these before the January to March 2021 timeframe. I am not sure where the customers received this information from and I would not speculate until any actually start shipping to us."

I sure hope that somehow there is some miscommunication internally otherwise, this is a killer blow.
I think it shows that most wafer production is going to console production. Millions of those have to be pumped out to fulfill their obligations to Sony and Microsoft.

I think it shows that most wafer production is going to console production. Millions of those have to be pumped out to fulfill their obligations to Sony and Microsoft.
Between two major consoles, cpus, and gpus, amd has a much higher demand for these than nvidia, so a shortage doesn't lead me to blame amd, I'm sure they are doing all they can and even with a shortage, I doubt there are manufacturing problems.

Between two major consoles, cpus, and gpus, amd has a much higher demand for these than nvidia, so a shortage doesn't lead me to blame amd, I'm sure they are doing all they can and even with a shortage, I doubt there are manufacturing problems.

But that really makes one wonder wtf Nvidia is doing? AMD's issues are clear as they're releasing in 4 different but major product categories simultaneously. It's kind a huge feat when we think about it in context.

But that really makes one wonder wtf Nvidia is doing? AMD's issues are clear as they're releasing in 4 different but major product categories simultaneously. It's kind a huge feat when we think about it in context.
Not sure either. I could see issues with 3090 production due to yields, but we are seeing such a slow trickle across the lineup.

Didn't mention manufacturing problems. It's more of a wafer allocation issue.

Didn't mention manufacturing problems. It's more of a wafer allocation issue.
I know. I was just adding that it doesn't seem they have a manufacturing problem, they just found the limit of how much they can turn out at a given time like you said.

I'm guessing you're going to get a 5600x in the mail.
The price closely aligns with a 3800X which is my guess what they’ll get. But I hope it’s a 5800X because that’d be a great price for one.

Someone on the discord notification server called walmart about those 5800x for 369 and they confirmed it was the 5800x they were getting. I think its just a pricing error on walmarts part.. the sku is for a 5800x and there is no description and just says merchandise on your order.

Someone on the discord notification server called walmart about those 5800x for 369 and they confirmed it was the 5800x they were getting. I think its just a pricing error on walmarts part.. the sku is for a 5800x and there is no description and just says merchandise on your order.
How did Walmart even get them is my question.

Would you turn down the opportunity to sell through Walmart?
not exactly, but there are dozens of sites people would go to first when trying to score a CPU. Walmart wasn't even on my radar, and I don't believe they are monitored on pcpartpicker. Given the fact that they listed a brand new CPU no one can get without a description or title, and with a pretty significant price error... :confused:

not exactly, but there are dozens of sites people would go to first when trying to score a CPU. Walmart wasn't even on my radar, and I don't believe they are monitored on pcpartpicker. Given the fact that they listed a brand new CPU no one can get without a description or title, and with a pretty significant price error... :confused:

Lately Walmart has been stepping up their electronic online presence so i think we’ll start seeing a lot more items on their site.

Lately Walmart has been stepping up their electronic online presence so i think we’ll start seeing a lot more items on their site.
I know I was looking for a certain case and certain motherboard, and I usually google the part # to find the best price, sure enough I found walmart had both items. I agree with you, just hope they get someone in that dept that knows what they are doing.

FYI Walmart seems to be doing the same thing Amazon does: without a direct link, you can't find the 5900x or 5950x. But somehow you find lingerie with "5900x"?!?

FWIW, Walmart CS told me they 100% cancelled my PS5 and XSX preorders (per my request). But then they still sent them to me.

Their customer service tends to just tell the customer what they want to hear to get them off the phone quicker. Only time will tell once people actually start receiving their orders to see what it ends up being.

FYI Walmart seems to be doing the same thing Amazon does: without a direct link, you can't find the 5900x or 5950x. But somehow you find lingerie with "5900x"?!?

This. It’s annoying lol.

Speaking of direct links, anyone have a direct link to the Walmart 5950X listing?

Ever since since the 3xxx cards MC has been pretty bad with their online inventory status. At least for my MC. Now it just says everything is sold out. I haven't seen any stock listed for two weeks now outside the initial launch of the 3070 and Ryzen 3. I been checking every morning just about.

Canadians - where have you been finding your zen3 chips? I've been checking Canada Computers (my preferred retailer) several times daily and I haven't seen stock levels budget once on either of the chips (although i'm only interested in the 5900x i'm still looking at the other 2 for fun).

thanks for sharing. So I guess I can kiss my hope to finish my kids builds in 2020 goodbye.... fecking 2020.... :cry: I was one of the hopefuls with Dec 21 email.

Canadians - where have you been finding your zen3 chips? I've been checking Canada Computers (my preferred retailer) several times daily and I haven't seen stock levels budget once on either of the chips (although i'm only interested in the 5900x i'm still looking at the other 2 for fun).
you can backorder them at ME or CC. From what I've seen 5800x is the easiest to get, followed by 5600x. The 5900x/5950x are the hardest to get. Amazon Canada never had them in stock yet. Good luck hunting :)

thanks for sharing. So I guess I can kiss my hope to finish my kids builds in 2020 goodbye.... fecking 2020.... :cry: I was one of the hopefuls with Dec 21 email.
He was not aware of emails at all which gives me a bit of hope of some internal communications issues within the company. I mean, why would you get a December 21st email without someone having some info about it? Or maybe I am just trying to find something positive to keep some hope :D

He was not aware of emails at all which gives me a bit of hope of some internal communications issues within the company. I mean, why would you get a December 21st email without someone having some info about it? Or maybe I am just trying to find something positive to keep some hope :D
I hope 🤞 you are right. 😂

Checked in with BandH about my 5900X pre-order status. Got the order in almost first thing at like 11:30pm on the 4th and like many respondents here, they are telling me it will be March 2021 before I get anything. Yikes, hopefully one of these stock tracker bots comes through before then. I'm in Seattle now and our only brick and mortar option is Best Buy, I miss having a Microcenter close by.

Last edited:
Back