Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, ebay is filling up with them also...
I ordered a 3900x from B&H during the last launch and ended up canceling for Newegg later.

5950x looks awesome, but I haven't fully dialed in my 3950x yet!:D I have a feeling my 3950x wouldn't net more than $400 on the used market after this launch.

Any idea how much of a motherboard discount Micro Center is offering? Last year, for the 3xxx series launch, they were giving $50 off motherboards.

I could only find B&H has pre-orders up for 5900X. Can't find Zen3 yet on any other site.

I ordered a 3900x from B&H during the last launch and ended up canceling for Newegg later.

5950x looks awesome, but I haven't fully dialed in my 3950x yet!:D I have a feeling my 3950x wouldn't net more than $400 on the used market after this launch.
No way ! I think you could get $550 $600 it's got 16 cores !

I sold mine for 550 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Found anything on Amazon? When I search "Ryzen 5800X" all I get are 2XXX and 3XXX parts.

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5450881400/us?add-to-cart=true 5950x
https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5450881500/us?add-to-cart=true 5900x
https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5450881600/us?add-to-cart=true 5800x
https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5450881700/us?add-to-cart=true 5600x

Apparently the direct buy links to AMD's website that were posted in a Discord I'm a part of. Not available just yet. Guessing they'll go live at 9 AM ET?
You can't make an account? Also, shows the 5950x as $1050.54?

If I can't get it online, I will go to Microcenter and try to get a 5900X there. Luckily it is only 10 minutes drive.

It changed back. Suspect they are prepping for it to go live at 9AM EST.

If I can't get it online, I will go to Microcenter and try to get a 5900X there. Luckily it is only 10 minutes drive.
If you're not in line already you'll be lucky if the 5600x or maybe 5800x will be your consolation prize.

you always make more before launch of the new product , I would say now price would be 475 to 525 on a 3950X used
Right thats why i sold my 3900x like 3 weeks ago for $400 basically what i paid for it back when it was on sale.

Sure. I still got a lot of low ball offers. One had the nerve to ask if I would take $300.
i hate low ballers , its why I've taken most my sales to eBay , even with eBay fees i make more than when people on some forums wanna pay 1/4 of what something is worth

Found anything on Amazon? When I search "Ryzen 5800X" all I get are 2XXX and 3XXX parts.
I'm not very confident that Amazon will have the CPUs available for order right at 9 AM. But I guess we'll see.

Microcenters are out of vouchers for the chips they have on site now according to the discord.

So I pre-orderd from B&H and they already charged me. Does that mean that I will be getting one or what?

So I pre-orderd from B&H and they already charged me. Does that mean that I will be getting one or what?
Not necessarily. For now all it really means is that you loaned B&H $799.
They can either fill your order, or refund you.

edit: And for the record, it's after 9am and I don't see any stock on Newegg, Amazon, nor AMD direct.

Got a 5900X at Newegg!

EDIT: Just got my order confirmation email!

Not necessarily. For now all it really means is that you loaned B&H $799.
They can either fill your order, or refund you.

edit: And for the record, it's after 9am and I don't see any stock on Newegg, Amazon, nor AMD direct.
There were showing at 6am. Nothing now.

LOL.... i didn't see any in stock on Newegg Canada... Amazon.ca doesn't have it either... Another paper release... LOL ... fecking crazy 2020

same here....dang it! :/
I was using their stupid app NOT showing anything and I was checking at 5:30 through 6:20am then thought nothing would show until 7am

They must have had like 5 in stock.
I was refreshing like a madman.
The page went live before just before 9 and said OOS. I refereshed it a few times and it came up add to cart. Jumped on it and thankfully everything looks like it went through.

Back