Zalman CNPS 7700 released

Ah, now I understand. Yeah, you're right. I had to do a little modding to my PC-V2000B to get my CNSP-7700ALCU to fit.

Mr.Dearthian

my 7700cu is in my computer now, i dont see how it can rally damage anything :( its so strongly mounted, and the plate on the back has such a wide area, its not like its puttin all the stress on 1 square inch... pics soon....

thats dual channel on abit boards :D

cpuz is reporting dual channel... but then again it also says i have 2048 megs of ram so lol... and i only gotta gig

7700 alcu fits my asus a8v deluxe nicely with plenty of room left over ,really pleased with the temps as well,also the weights not bad either.

does anyone have the 7700, or 7000 for that matter, installed on a gigabyte motherboard? i know its going to fit, but i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for taking of the stock bracket so i can install the zalman cooler. i haven't looked at mine too much yet so i don't know how much of a pain it will actually be, but i figured i'd look for some advice before i broke something.

just go easy and you should be okay,it was a bit of a job pulling the metal backplate off my a8v it was stuck on very well but I had another a8v im just about to rma and i did a trial run on that,just be carefull i nearly put a screwdriver through my old board!!

deltron3030 said:
just go easy and you should be okay,it was a bit of a job pulling the metal backplate off my a8v it was stuck on very well but I had another a8v im just about to rma and i did a trial run on that,just be carefull i nearly put a screwdriver through my old board!!

so you just pried at it with a screwdriver? i remember reading somewhere that if its stuck on with glue you're supposed to heat it up first to make it easier, but that doesn't really sound safe to do to a motherboard.

50C load sounds kinda high, 'specially when your idle is 33C... Not unheard of, but still weird. I dunno how some people can get idle temps that low and still get load temps that high.

My idle is usually at 40-42C (38C at stock speeds and voltage IIRC) and idle might peak at 47-49C, that's like a 7C jump from idle to load. Not sure how much ambient temp can affect the jump from idle to load but a 7C to 17C difference (as is the case with the above poster) is a pretty big gap.

Note: Here in PR it's usually around 24-27C, maybe a tad hotter inside my room (no AC) but not a whole lot I'd gather. My case temp is usually at around 28C, don't think I've ever seen it go over 30C. I might've actually used too much AS5, I've gotta remove the XP-90 and re-check it one of these days.

Back