Zalman CNPS 7700 released

ryuji said:
call zalman... from what i have hered there such a ncie bunch of guys that i would be surprised if they didnt ship you the mounting hardware at no cost

ok, i called zalman, they said i'd have to get it from one of their retail distributors. went to quiet PC(whom ive ordered from before) and they had a spare mounting hardware lying around that he sold me for 6 bucks.

didnt have to go through the hassle of trying to return a product, and its a little more legitimate so i dont feel so bad about the price. now to just buy a 7700-cu

c00z said:
anyone know about the SilentX?

http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/configurePrdz.asp?idcategory=4&idproduct=108

i just measured my a7n8x del mobo. i think the fins on the heatsink will hit my PSU, but the fan blades will clear it. so i might just cut the heatsink fins on the top down a little bit so it'll fit.

i measured about 66mm clearance from the center of the CPU to the PSU above the mobo. i need 70mm for that HSF. so i'd need to trim off about 4mm of the top section of fins from the heatsink.

Doesn't seem to be worth it for the money considering the other choices available... One thing that may be harming this model's potential is the center deadspot the even larger fan incurs. I know most of the heat dispersion is meant to be achieved thru the fins and hence why the fan is nested within them, but more than likely the center where the fins meet is still the hottest part of the whole shebang.

JCmendes said:
7700ALCU (after)

memoriasocooler006.jpg

I did not notice temperature differences. The only thing that I noticed is that the temperatures go down more fast.

P4 3.0/3.750 at 1.626Vcore, i have 50ºC after to play and it goes down 10º in 10seconds +/-.

I have Artic Silver 5.

your experiencies !!

What a beast! I hope the 7000B-alcu starts to show up in stores soon, and lowered in price too, since they're releasing the 7700. Does anyone know how good the 7000B-alcu is?

Christ...my 7000cu had to bend some or the tabs to make it fit by my PSU..this thing wouldnt even be close.

The 7000cu was already over double Abits safe weight limit for a CPU cooler. This thing is even heavier...try moving your comp around and watch it tear out its mounts.lol.

MikeP said:
The 7000cu was already over double Abits safe weight limit for a CPU cooler. This thing is even heavier...try moving your comp around and watch it tear out its mounts.lol.

I hardly doubt he's gonna run into any issues, as manufacturers are always being a tad conservative when they start handing out those weight warning on retention brackets and such. I can't say I'm the MOST comfortable with strapping a copper cooler that's nearly 1Kg onto my CPU, but I wouldn't be paranoid to do it either, so.....

MikeP said:

Heh, if you thought that was heavy, check out the Hyper 6.
:D

Mr. Miyagi said:
Heh, if you thought that was heavy, check out the Hyper 6.
:D

Hehe, yeah.....we're at the point right now where most enthusiast aircooling users really couldn't care less about the monstrous weight of their HSF's, which is the way it should be. ;) :D

I care 'cuz it seems like there's better options around for the price honestly (taking not only weight but performance into account)... If it starts outperforming everything else out there then to hell with the weigh but it doesn't seem like that's the case. /shrug

Waitin' for reviews... Oh and the Hyper 6 doesn't weigh that much more but it's weigh less evenly distributed which adds to the problem probably.

Also, just for curiosity sake, anyone have a CNPS7000 (either variety) in a Sonata case? On an A8V Deluxe? How's it fit?

is there any performance difference between the 7700 cu and 7700alcu? I know the thermal conductivity is different, but does anyone have real world temperature measurements?

Suicidal Insanity said:
is there any performance difference between the 7700 cu and 7700alcu? I know the thermal conductivity is different, but does anyone have real world temperature measurements?

All I can say is that between the 7000CU and 7000ALCU I saw maybe a 2 or 3C difference in favor of the CU....but not much more. I'd like to assume things'd be more or less the same with the 7700, but you just never know. :p

I'm leaning towards the AlCu for weight and price reasons, just want to be sure I wont regret this. going to be cooling a 775 3ghz prescott, not overclocked

anyone know if there is a way to get these to work on socket A boards?

Suicidal Insanity said:

On reviews I've seen, AL-CU is always within 2-3 degrees of the CU. When I first got my Al-Cu, I read up on them and decided to pass on the additional weight and cost of the Cu. When I ordered the 7700Al-Cu, the same mulling went through my mind. Since I don't OC, I saved $10.

Mr.Dearthian

Yea!! This post bumped me up a level from [H]Lite!!

Can somebody tell what would be better, the 7700 or something like the xp-90 ??

I was going to order the xp-90, and now i see this beast

I'm a CNPS 7000 owner. Maybe after more benchmarks and reviews, I might upgrade to the 7700.

Where are mah reviews??

and do I really need to tie my 7700Cu (that was supposed to be delivered today :>) with fishing line to the PSU support bracket over it?

Don't wanna warp my brand new P5AD2-E!! :eek:

Delivery Guy just Delivered!

this thing is HUGE.. i can post pics if you want, i mean it's bigger than even I thought.. :D

There's no way a motherboard can handle this, it's HEAVY, but looks gorgeous (just like j0 momma.. :>)

anyone have one installed??

there's gotta be a way to support this weight.. i got a tower..

acidfr33k said:
Delivery Guy just Delivered!

this thing is HUGE.. i can post pics if you want, i mean it's bigger than even I thought.. :D

There's no way a motherboard can handle this, it's HEAVY, but looks gorgeous (just like j0 momma.. :>)

anyone have one installed??

there's gotta be a way to support this weight.. i got a tower..

Dedinitely pics...How much heavier is it than the old 7000. My 7000 seems to be supported fine. That fish lin etied to the PSU idea is funny :p

acidfr33k said:
Don't wanna warp my brand new P5AD2-E!! :eek:

wow, NICE board there

from the reviews it looks awesome, how do you like it?

be careful ;)

I don't know what everyone is crying about. The stock heatsink is not much lighter than the zalman alcu (butt-scale).

akapaulk said:
I don't know what everyone is crying about. The stock heatsink is not much lighter than the zalman alcu (butt-scale).

I find that hard to believe from just looking at the pics but then again I don't own one of the stock heatsinks (OEM proc)... It should weigh less than 500g though or it'd fall way out of the boundaries of AMD's own spec...

Back