Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

desktop.jpg

Check out my desktop
the Black Laptop is an Dell Inspiron 8100 and the black/silver laptop is HP zv5000z. The moniter is a free thingy i picked up from my room mate.

Abhissekk

Heres a couple pics of my Dell Inspiron 6000 I got a couple of weeks ago.
Pentium M 1.5ghz
80gb HDD
512mb PC3200 DDR2
ATI X300 64mb video card
I just got the "carbon fiber look" cover for the back of it.

dell01.JPG

dell02.JPG

Its turned out to be a really nice laptop, I wasnt sure what to expect with it. It will play any game I throw at it at low to med settings. Some older games it plays great at the highest settings.

Rustedimpala

is that real carbon fiber or just a sticker? (being a dell, i highly, HIGHLY suspect its a sticker :))

Omega-X, it is not a sticker. Its a snap-on cover. See here.

I am HIGHLY considering on buying this lappy. This will be my first laptop, and as far as user comments and reviews go it performs exceptionally. (It will be used for mostly college use, with occational gaming.)

ukk0 said:
My Inspiron 8600 and the fujitsu lifebook p7010 I just got:

[img.]http://www.ukko.fi/kannettavat.jpg[/img]

Ahhh you suck :-p I wanted the white one... hehe. I guess its only for europe.

hikeskool said:
Wait, so we're not supposed to quote pictures?

Are you serious? the mods said they will lock this thread, i dont understand why people are so thick headed. It's a simple request.

qb4ever said:
My ole armada:
http://tylarmiles.ath.cx/PICS/armada7800.jpg

Compaq Armada 7800 model 6366
Pentium II mobile 366mhz 256kb on die full speed L2 (dixon)

128mb ram soon to be 192mb

2X20gb ibm travelstar drives

4X Batteries

24X10X24 cd burner and floppy

14" of 1024X768 goodness

Boots to desktop in 30 seconds

How much memory? and How much battery life do you get with 4x batteries? ... how did you fit 4 batteries in there? nuts...

I do believe its quite clear in the first post

Gold said:
New Rule

I'm going to make life easier for everyone. Post pics of your laptops until your eyes bleed. If you want to quote a comment, Either:
A. Quote the post, but delete the images
B. Delete the image tags from your quote so that only links show up

I don't have the time to go through and edit posts like that for you guys, so if you ignore this new rule for this thread from here on out, I'm just going to lock the thread.

- odoe

40c6388f3fda1e4f.jpg

I Review it Here

Show Us Yours.

Please remove your qoute tags, or AT LEAST post relevant information about the images you are quoting.

It just clutters up the thread when pictures get quoted.
I would rather not have to edit posts, which is why the rule is there, but it's not like the Mobile Computing section needs heavy moderation, so I've done it a couple of times.

I realize people don't always read the first post of a thread this size, so it's not like I'm going to come down like fire and brimstone or anything, but just be mindful of picture quoting.

atlwriter said:
You people are too impressed with yourselves. This is an online message forum, not the U.N. General Assembly. One day, you may grow up and realize this. There are dozens of posts on this forum that are filled with F-Bombs and other profanities. Of the over 500 messages I've posted, my single response to a post from little TSS seems to be just too "over-the-top" for the faint-hearted of you. Go right ahead and ban me. Somehow, I'll find a way to survive.

Oh shit om a minor i could get in fucking trouble for cursign!

Seriosuly if somebody has a good one line comment its ok to comment, however the quoted pics are annoying. But grow up guys....

"Like Oh Mah Gah you asked a question about CPUs in the MOTHERBOARD thread section!! I'm going to ban you temp for 3 day's serves you right! Go HERE first you noobs!"

I'm going to get banned watch.... :p

How do you post a picture on this thread? The FAQs state: "simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page". I must be being dumb cos I can't see a browse button.

hikeskool said:
Man, I never get tired of the "Windows sucks" wallpapers.

You guys are so cool.

You're so cool for quoting with an image, despite the lengthy discussion prior not to! :eek:

Acer Aspire 1694WLMi:
Acer_Aspire_1690_03_wide_rv.jpg

2GHz P-M
15,4"
2x512MB DDR2
100GB
ATI X700 Mobility
DVD+-RW DL
WLAN B/G + BT

what lappy is that? Looks like its a regular ibm-clone notebook but its got an OSX theme...you running a linux distro on that?

lappy is an asus M6BNe (he said that), and i believe hes using FlyaKite OSX 2.0 w/ objectdock or a variation thereof. thats what i use.

TSS Modder said:
lappy is an asus M6BNe (he said that), and i believe hes using FlyaKite OSX 2.0 w/ objectdock or a variation thereof. thats what i use.

ah ok.

*runs off to find that software*

Asus V6V

Pentium M 750 - 1.86 Ghz
1GB DDR2 RAM
X600 64MB
60GB HD
1400x1050 15' Display
Integrated Card Reader
Bluetooth
DVDR-W

Free Logitech Mouse and a notebook bag :D

Thought I'd post some pics of my new computer. "The Morrigan" is the Celtic Goddess of Sex & Murder. Rather appropriate for a laptop that can frag and be beautiful at the same time..

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Marduk, that Acer is Pimp!
2 questions. Did they split up the hard drive into two partitions? And how does that keyboard work....... it looks really slanted...

yeah.

that's not to say I kept their partition scheme though.
it was set to a 45/45/4.5 (or something like that)
I set it to 5/4/75/11 (ish)

and it has a 5 degree ergonomic curve. I honestly don't even notice it.

It looks a lot better than the camera can show. The wierd designs/shapes on the cover are the reflection of things on the wall.

$2079 for the laptop

I added a 2 gigs of RAM, a 3 year warranty, and a spare AC.

3.5 hours on low speed.

From left to right:

IBM T42 (Play)
Dothan 1.7ghz, 512mb DDR333, 40gb 72krpm hdd, 14.1" SXGA+, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 64mb, DVD/CDRW combo, WIfi G, Bluetooth, WIn XPP Sp2

HP NC6000 (Work)
Dothan 1.8ghz, 512mb DDR333, 40gb 54krpm hdd, 15" SXGA+. ATI Radeon 96-- Pro 64mb, DVD/CDRW combo, Wifi G, Bluetooth, Win XPP Sp1

IMG_0462.JPG

Back