Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

lappy.jpg

Compaq Armada 1535DM
64 MB EDO Ram
Pentium 133MHz w/ MMX
1.5 GB HDD
Windows 98SE
Snazzy Mario Bros Desktop

Runs like a champ!

no pic since my camera is on the fritz (stupid auto-focus is screwed up), but here we go:

Dell Latituce C-610
1 66whr battery
1ghz p3-m processor
1gb pc-133 sdram
40gb fujitsu hard drive
cd-rw/dvd-rom combo drive
dell trumobile mini-pci wireless

Soon on the list of things to do is to dismantle, and rebuilt the heatpipe assy to my specs, usually that nets me a significant drop in temps...enough that the cpu fan only comes on under load...never when jsut surfing the internet. Also plan on doing some shielding work (if possible) to the onboard audio...it's nice, but I still get some unwanted noise.

This thing also needs stickers like you would not believe...it's too spartan.

laptop.jpg

Well, I bought this a couple days ago. Its a Gateway 3040GZ. Specs:

14" widescreen
1.5Ghz Celeron M
1 gig of ram
60 gig HDD
wireless 802.11/g
DVD/CD-RW drive

Got the laptop configured as above and a swiss army backpack for it for uner 800 w/ tax instead of a Dell 6000 that I ordered (w/ a 1.5ghz celeron M, 256 ram, 40 gig hdd) w/ a OEM Dell laptop case for $810. I thought it was a good deal. Granted I do not intend to game with this machine.

My first lappy :eek:

EventHoriron:
Asus Z70 | Pentium M 2.0 533fsb | 2GB DDR2
Hitachi 7K60 | ATi X600 | Intel A/B/G Wireless

lappy.jpg

Here's my laptop.. its the MSI S270 (aka MS-1013).

Specs are as follows:
--12.1'' Screen (1280x800 really bright)
--AMD Turion64 MT-34 (1.8GHz)
--1GB DDR333
--80GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
--ATi Radeon Xpress 200m (128MB shared)
--8x DVD+RW DL Drive
--MSI MS-6855 802.11g+bluetooth
--3x USB, 1x S400 firewire, PCMCIA slot, 56k modem, 10/100 ethernet, VGA out, headphones/mic.
--8 cell 4400mAh battery (so far, I average around 3hrs)

So far its great, I'm installing a few games, and so far it get decent FPS for how small of a graphics card it has. In Quake 3 and CS @ 1024x768 max color/detail I'm averaging from 70-90fps solid.. so its not too bad. I just now installed CS:Source, and I'm getting around 35-55 fps at 800x600 in high settings with 20 people in the server. I'm really surprised. :D

Here's the pix!

DSCN1152.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN1128.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1143.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1226.jpg

DSCN1228.jpg

(20-35fps in 1280x800 with max settings, no AA)

Wow wiretap, at first I thought that was a 12" apple powerbook...

Nice little MSI laptop you got there.

Did we need a picture dedicated to the headphone out jack........... maybe not... but oh well ^_^

~Enjoy it

towert7 said:
Wow wiretap, at first I thought that was a 12" apple powerbook...

Nice little MSI laptop you got there.

Did we need a picture dedicated to the headphone out jack........... maybe not... but oh well ^_^

~Enjoy it
haha, yea, it does look like a mac.. but uh uh!! ooohs nnnnoooooes, I have two click buttons!!! LOLOLOL. :D Yea so far I'm enjoying it.. the thing is almost as fast as my good rig I have listed in my profile. (well, except graphics wise) Its definely going to suit me well just for a college laptop though. Its actually more than I expected. Oh, I was just excited when I took the pic of the mic ports lol, theres a firewire s400 connector next to it. ;) :D

wiretap said:
haha, yea, it does look like a mac.. but uh uh!! ooohs nnnnoooooes, I have two click buttons!!! LOLOLOL. :D Yea so far I'm enjoying it.. the thing is almost as fast as my good rig I have listed in my profile. (well, except graphics wise) Its definely going to suit me well just for a college laptop though. Its actually more than I expected. Oh, I was just excited when I took the pic of the mic ports lol, theres a firewire s400 connector next to it. ;) :D

So where did you get the MSI laptop? I've been reading and they sound pretty dang good! Looks like its a little better than the S260 (with the Centrino CPU).

spencers said:
So where did you get the MSI laptop? I've been reading and they sounds pretty dang good! Looks like its a little better than the S260 (with the Centrino CPU).
I got it from www.xmeld.com. They hooked me up with a little discount too since I'm in college. I got a 3year MSI warranty with it too. :D

wiretap said:
I got it from www.xmeld.com. They hooked me up with a little discount too since I'm in college. I got a 3year MSI warranty with it too. :D

Wow nice prices there.. I'm assuming a 5% student discount? I might jump on that!

yea, its about a 5% discount.. for me it came out to be about like 82 bux off. So, you figure, its pretty much free shipping, plus 60 bux off. No bad considering its a frickin sweet laptop and I love it so far. I haven't found anything bad yet with it. :)

tw0_f0ur_ said:
blurry picture here
Is it just me, or does it look like 2_4 put too much effort into his picture?
Too art'sey for my tastes ^_^

Oh well, at least the hinges were in focus.......... so i guess that's the important thing.

(2_4, im just teasing you a bit)

dude that was the point of the pic. For the keyboard to blur out to the hinges then blur the background. Pic too maybe 30 secs to shoot and 10 sec in ps to resize: this shots i actualy took time to take but i still rushed them. w/e i like em. taken with a kodak 5mp digi camera
picture0542tl.jpg

untitled11hg.jpg

untitled28qv.jpg

Back