• Other

Votes: 62 79.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jctusmc03

Gawd
What's your favorite MP3 software?

I use iTunes, and Virtual DJ mostly. If you use another one, please list it and explain why you prefer it over anything else.

Foobar2000; but I use it for FLAC rather than mp3. 100% customizable with loads of components and plugins made by the community.You can get wasapi, asio, kernel streaming, milkdrop, tagging, ripping, lyrics, artist bios, file conversion, blind abx tests, http remote control, and so much more as long as you've got the right plugins and get your hands a little bit dirty with tweaking it. ANd people make it look like whatever they want, really.

Foobar2000, just works but also highly customizable it you want to spend the time. I like the minimalistic player.

Been using Foobar2000 since the dawn of man, and after a recent survey of the competition, no reason to switch.

Sam Broadcaster, overkill for just playing MP3s but great for a large library, database driven so search features are great. Auto DJ and the fine tuning playlist rules means I dont hear the same song every few minutes, streaming to a free icecast server so I can listen to my own library at work kick ass.

When I dont use SAM i use mediamonkey

foobar2000 w/ metro theme
infinitely configurable to your every preference if you're willing to take the time to do it

Sam Broadcaster, overkill for just playing MP3s but great for a large library, database driven so search features are great. Auto DJ and the fine tuning playlist rules means I dont hear the same song every few minutes, streaming to a free icecast server so I can listen to my own library at work kick ass.

When I dont use SAM i use mediamonkey

That looks like a great piece of software. Kind of pricey though. How large is your collection? I've been trying to find something just like that. Thanks for the heads up!

That looks like a great piece of software. Kind of pricey though. How large is your collection? I've been trying to find something just like that. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, it is pricey I bought it when I used to DJ for an online radio station which is what its designed for. (way way overkill for just using as an MP3 player) My library is about 50K tracks.

Back when I bought it in 2008 or so they let you pay it off

Yeah, it is pricey I bought it when I used to DJ for an online radio station which is what its designed for. (way way overkill for just using as an MP3 player) My library is about 50K tracks.

Back when I bought it in 2008 or so they let you pay it off

My library is around 110,000 tracks or so currently, and almost every media player out there chokes and dies trying to load it entirely.

I'm trying SAM out right now.

WTF dude how could you miss the mainstays VLC and Foobar and MPC-HC?

I personally use Foobar because it has a WASAPI plugin. Other minor pluses for Foobar are that it can encode/decode any music file (with plugins), has ABX comparator, and has a non-logarithmic volume bar that shows clipping.

Last edited:
Foobar2000; but I use it for FLAC rather than mp3. 100% customizable with loads of components and plugins made by the community.You can get wasapi, asio, kernel streaming, milkdrop, tagging, ripping, lyrics, artist bios, file conversion, blind abx tests, http remote control, and so much more as long as you've got the right plugins and get your hands a little bit dirty with tweaking it. ANd people make it look like whatever they want, really.

This!

Foobar 2k for music and VLC for video. i have been using foobar since its 0.5 versions.

Yep, Foobar 2000, but used mostly for FLAC's. My entire CD selection is ripped to my media server as FLAC's.
iTunes is just so damn clunky. I use it exclusively for preparing playlists for my iphone, but that is it. It is slow, and a bitch to configure.

Foobar 2000 and XMPlay cover 99.99% of my music playing and streaming needs. Both support ASIO, and are bloat free. XMPlay is great for some more obscure game music files (eg. .umx).

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Foobar can play anything that XM cant, so I could probably drop the former if I wanted to be super-minimalist. I like the Foobar interface slightly more though...

I use foobar2k when I'm gaming in Windows, but mainly Audacious in Linux. I yearn for a Linux version of foobar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back