You know you've got it bad when...

boxen1.jpg

Classic! (And so true, might I add)

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

... when you over pay for boxen parts just because waiting for shipping would cost valuable folding time. :D

...when you think "That'd be great for more boxen" or "I wonder how many boxen I can fit on that" with every shelf, cabinet, etc you see at Lowes/Walmart/Target/Big Lots/etc....

...you forget to eat lunch because you're browsing the forums. Not that that would happen to anyone I know, of course...

except me :(

Viper87227 said:
...you feel bad for unhappy_mage
Eh, got food now. All is well with the world. Where "the world" is "my stomach".

Hmm... must post something ontopic.

...you sit at your computer and stare at the screen thinking of something to post.

unhappy_mage said:
...you sit at your computer and stare at the screen thinking of something to post.

u think before posting.... interesting will have to try this sometime

.....when you spend $50 for an xbox game that you already paid $50 for the pc version, because the xbox won't eat up cpu cycles.

....when you recommend that an xbox user ^^^ mod it to run Linux and then fold with it..... :D

....you saw this thread pop up after months and actually remembered what it was about and went "holy shit, it's that thread!

.... you prefer to have your P4 2.8 at work run more like the old PIII 700 just so you can run QMDs.

You put your main rig you spent 1800 bucks on aside to do work, while you play your games on the "leftovers" from 2 years ago so you don't bother its thinking.

ICE_9 said:
You put your main rig you spent 1800 bucks on aside to do work, while you play your games on the "leftovers" from 2 years ago so you don't bother its thinking.

Try using a PIII 600 and Voodoo 3 2000 PCI for gaming. I haven't started a game up on the system in my sig in months. I haven't even loaded a game up in the PIII in a couple weeks. ;)

It's ok. I am getting a new chip in the next couple months anyways. Time for another upgrade.

...when its cold you just turn on more machines
//most likely a repost, but i'll consider it a revival.
...when you figure out how man GHZ is at your disposal, just to be sure.
//yesterday i had 264 ghz of dell goodness smiling at me...and then i laughed manically

When you see this thread be revived from the dead.
When you know you are working the day of thanksgiving and ponder the day after if you should order up some fried chicken to share with the bunch of fools who will be standing in line for the pc stores to open. And ordering that fried chicken from the Krogers deli where you work.

Taking this idea and actually doing it, but at the same time wondering what left I have to do to finish up on my Amd X2 case mod to get it folding. Then seeing the case mod in the basement and all I can think is:
The case saying,
Dammit when are you going to finish me, so I can fold! I can't do anything in this shape I'm in!

When working in the Krogers deli and think about borging the digital weigh scales, but knowing that won't work.

Duster said:
that u miss class b/c u were b0rging some computer

... you avoid wirting an econ paper because it will take cycles away from folding. ;) :D

...knowing that I'm a tech at a computer/laptop refurbishing company, and with 20,000+ computers moving through each year if I borged them all I'd have the top spot very quickly :eek:

tdg said:
...knowing that I'm a tech at a computer/laptop refurbishing company, and with 20,000+ computers moving through each year if I borged them all I'd have the top spot very quickly :eek:
You know you got it bad when you wish you had that kind of job--just so you could borg all those machines.

20,000 computers/year--that's like 50/day!

..when you consider buying an old 333mhz machine for 10$ for the following reason...

seapirate said:
Any markings on the MB at all? I am interested in possibly getting this, have to build a system for my grandfather and this will save one of my faster CPU's for folding.

...when you plug in one string of Christmas lights and they blow the house light circuits because all your amps are being sucked up by folding boxen ! (Hey.. it was DARK in here !) LOL --- Yep, lost a crapper over this incident....:rolleyes: I just hope the family doesn't want lights on the tree too ! :D

...when you postpone your end-of-year project for another 15 minutes to read the forums...

but don't worry, this isn't the only thing I've been doing to postpone that :rolleyes:

Holy thread resurrection Batman! :eek:

Just realised/had an incident today.

You know you've got it bad when: you can tell whether the rig is folding or not just by looking at the temps on Speedfan. :cool:

Mohonri said:
You know you got it bad when you wish you had that kind of job--just so you could borg all those machines.

20,000 computers/year--that's like 50/day!

Just to wonder.....could that fall under illegal???? Be careful!

.......when you have to warn people that borging peoples' machines without their consent may be illegal! :p

... when you keep checking the stats every hour to see when exactly we take over the #1 spot from the Aussies. :D Guilty as charged. :cool:

SmokeRngs said:
... when you keep checking the stats every hour to see when exactly we take over the #1 spot from the Aussies. :D Guilty as charged. :cool:

What, every hour? Pfft.

magnusvir said:
Holy thread resurrection Batman! :eek:

Just realised/had an incident today.

You know you've got it bad when: you can tell whether the rig is folding or not just by looking at the temps on Speedfan. :cool:

Hell, I realized I had it bad when I got one of the newer P4/mobo's that spin up the CPU fan when folding... Hence, I can tell when the 'puter is folding by how loud it is !!

RPhArrow said:
Hell, I realized I had it bad when I got one of the newer P4/mobo's that spin up the CPU fan when folding... Hence, I can tell when the 'puter is folding by how loud it is !!

That's my work system. People always ask why my system is louder than theirs and why it's a bit warmer around my cube. :D

... when your computer room looks like this...
(yeah, I know the pics are shitty. I hate this camera)

IM000112.jpg

IM000110.jpg

IM000109.jpg

IM000108.jpg

When you buy an x2 system, 7900gt...320gb hdd, psu..etc....

and all you can think is... "What will my PPD be now?" :D

dont know if this is a repeat but:
...you wish the people in your office would stop working so their computers will fold faster :)

FOR THE HORDE

Back