• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

You know you're ramping when...

wurmy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
383
1) Your tough-looking FedEx lady is the woman you most want to see.

2) You're folding with a Sempron box and only the case has "potential."
 
When you have 2 - Naked 4P's folding 24/7 sitting on the dining room table. :D
 
When your basement defies the laws of thermodynamics and is warmer than the 2nd story.
 
You're hating on PG because you don't know if GPU's or SMP are in order.
 
When the sound of video card coil whine is music to your ears.
 
When your worried law enforcement may be checking your electric bill to see if you have a hydroponic "garden" growing in your basement.... :eek:
 
When your worried law enforcement may be checking your electric bill to see if you have a hydroponic "garden" growing in your basement.... :eek:

Been there :D I comsume 5 to 6 times the electricity than any of my neighbors on the block.
 
When one of the Vice Presidents of your electrical utility hand delivers a personalized Thank You letter for your business.
 
I just picture the scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Clark plugs in his Christmas lights...
 
When a new GPU comes out and you don't even consider what resolution games will play at 'cuz you know it'll be running headless once logmein is installed.
 
- When you are shopping for hardware and measuring everything you look at by its potential PPD upgrade.

- When the only answer to "Should I buy that <insert piece of hardware here> right now?" that you can think of is "Let me get my credit card."
 
when the last thing you do at night before going to bed is check the stats, the first thing you do in the morning is check the stats.
 
says the man with the 3.2 million ppd average! [H]ardRamp [E]xtreme
 
When parts from previous upgrades start to fill boxes in the garage.
 
When an overclocked, 4-processor, 48-core, workstation just seems like a moderate producer.
 
when the last thing you do at night before going to bed is check the stats, the first thing you do in the morning is check the stats.

Guilty as charged, gotta make sure nothing is stuck.

When an overclocked, 4-processor, 48-core, workstation just seems like a moderate producer.

Guilty as charged, need more GPUs.
 
When breakers and fuses appear on the "grocery list"
 
You go to pay the electrician for the new breaker box, new wiring and work, then you remember you just maxed out your credit cards for 48 new GTX 660 ti GPU's.
 
Odd one just today:

Using the forum link, I ordered more home heating gear and wanted to get some NewEgg T-shirts, so I typed in "apparel" in search and found they sell panties.

...don't even go into "open box" items...
 
Or do, if that's what you're into... lol.

LMAO!

Hey, if the sponsored buying link is used, it's even better. Seems like a topic more for Gen May, but I don't have a hankering to hang there.

Just want to heat the house in the most efficient way possible. Someone tell the Global Warming dudes to spread some out over the winter season.
 
when the last thing you do at night before going to bed is check the stats, the first thing you do in the morning is check the stats.

hahaha I do this too. Gotta make sure none of my boxes are crashed or anything, especially the ones I have been messing with recently.

My "Office" where all my folding boxes at home are stays warm all by itself and that's with the heater vent shut, the window open and it ~30 degrees outside!
 
hahaha I do this too. Gotta make sure none of my boxes are crashed or anything, especially the ones I have been messing with recently.

My "Office" where all my folding boxes at home are stays warm all by itself and that's with the heater vent shut, the window open and it ~30 degrees outside!

That's pretty [H]ard.

With outside temps like that, I gotta say that folding in the winter makes a lot of practical sense. Instead of using dumb electric space heaters, I'd rather fold.

Back to the OP:

You know you're ramping when:

1) You run out of motherboard standoffs.
2) You convince yourself that you can't afford a 2P or 4P rig, but drool involuntarily when you think that you could learn a lot by running one.
3) You find that you actually kept a 4-port/8-pin VGA KVM and need to scramble for a mouse solution.
 
When it's December and you wife no longer believes the high power bill is due to air conditioning.
 
When the wife asks, "Dear, what would you like for Christmas?"
And my reply, "A credit for my next computer hardware upgrades, whenever that may be." This is precisely what she will ask and what I will answer.
 
When it's December and you wife no longer believes the high power bill is due to air conditioning.

LOL, we are on the equal pay plan... and they just re-evaluated us.. bumped our bill up by almost $40/month lol.
 
...When you're waiting for an order confirmation for 32 motherboards (28 dual socket 2011's, 4 single socket). :cool:
 
Yes but only the 4 single sockets are for me:( (3 going to a colo after a few months, 1 for my workstation). The 28 dual's are for resell as they were priced wrong so I snapped them up. I am tempted to keep one or two to fold with though, fingers crossed!
 
Yes but only the 4 single sockets are for me:( (3 going to a colo after a few months, 1 for my workstation). The 28 dual's are for resell as they were priced wrong so I snapped them up. I am tempted to keep one or two to fold with though, fingers crossed!

Pricing?
 
Yes but only the 4 single sockets are for me:( (3 going to a colo after a few months, 1 for my workstation). The 28 dual's are for resell as they were priced wrong so I snapped them up. I am tempted to keep one or two to fold with though, fingers crossed!

Hmmm, this could be good:D
 

They're not really the best boards for folders (they have built-in 2x10gb nics which is great for VM hosts!) I guess you're in the US so you're looking at $500 + $50 shipping from the UK (still $200 cheaper than these guys)

The order seems to be going through ok (they did say it can take 2 weeks, but still haven't charged me so I don't own them yet), It will be pretty cool if it slips through the net, just depends if the warehouse guys are awake...
 
Well at $550 that's pretty decent, and I am sure some people around here can 'find something to do' with 10GB nic's. Hell I would love 1-2 of those boards!! With a pair of 2687w's they would surely fold up a storm. I wonder if they would be cost competitive...
 
When the wife asks, "Dear, what would you like for Christmas?"
And my reply, "A credit for my next computer hardware upgrades, whenever that may be." This is precisely what she will ask and what I will answer.

Cool and LOL. I hope you get your x-mas wish!
 
Back
Top