YMMV BB Visiontek HD4850 $149

Offical Driver is 6.6 and was released already

Are you referring to the Catalyst 8.6 drivers or a different driver... the one the cd the cards came with possibly? The 8.6 catalyst driver works with the 4800 series, but I didn't think those were official drivers for the cards. ATI site doesn't have the card listed in their driver download menus. I used the 8.6 catalyst from the website, should I be using something different?

Edit: Found it... ATI Hotfix Driver for 4800 series:
http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

Just went to my best buy. The CSR I said they had them in stock, and they couldn't find them when I got there so the Store Manager came and hand wrote a note saying to sell it to me for $149.99 whenever it comes in stock. Again same situation though, the signage was out but no product. Said they were unloading a truck now and would let me know if it was in it.

If anyone is looking for them in Houston I have one store on the North that has 3 left. Let me know if you need the info.

1000725lt0.jpg
1000727wo8.jpg
[/IMG]

For anyone in the Oklahoma City area the Midwest City store has three left on the shelf, none of the other stores have any as of noon today. South side I35 store had a sign out for 4850's but claimed it was a bestbuy.com only item and wouldn't give a rain check, so thats a definate YMMV.

The Best Buy in Glenview, IL. had 4 but said they cant sell them till Sunday.

Scored two in San Francisco Geary store. It is not out on the shelves yet, the guy had to go in the back to retrieve them. Rang up at $199 each, and used the 25% off visiontek cards ad and they honored the price $149.99 each.

I'm contemplating whether to crossfire or return one card.

Scored two in San Francisco Geary store. It is not out on the shelves yet, the guy had to go in the back to retrieve them. Rang up at $199 each, and used the 25% off visiontek cards ad and they honored the price $149.99 each.

I'm contemplating whether to crossfire or return one card.
Crossfire is where it's at with these cards. What mobo do you have?

Passing this info along

Gorbachev22 said:
Howdy,
Thanks to your post I grabbed two 4850s in Ann Arbor, MI; there are three left, but since I'm a noob I can't post this info in your thread. It would be great if you could pass this info along.

The Best Buy in Glenview, IL. had 4 but said they cant sell them till Sunday.

Funny you mention that, I called my BB today and they said the computer shows they (and all the other stores in the area) have 4, but when he went to check, he couldn't find them anywhere, including the back room. Supervisor says the same thing.

Thanks Jebo. I have a Gigabyte gigabyte g33m-dsr2. It's been a while since i built the computer and i don't know if it is possible or advisable to crossfire.

Thanks Jebo. I have a Gigabyte gigabyte g33m-dsr2. It's been a while since i built the computer and i don't know if it is possible or advisable to crossfire.
I don't think your mobo has two PCI-e x16 slots unfortunately. Assuming you mean g33m-DS2R

Spotted availability in the Los Angeles area. Nothing in the Hawthorne store. The manager couldn't write a raincheck because he's tied to the computer system for rainchecks, and it wouldn't let him. He checked his computer for stock at other stores. Most of the other stores in major areas nearby didn't have any. A few stores with stock that I remember from the list were Woodland Hills, Downey, and Cerritos, if that helps anyone.

Jebo,
You are correct! I just remembered that this mATX board has only one PCI-e x16 slot. I might have to upgrade my mobo or return/sell my card. Thanks for the advice bro!

nabbed two. empty on shelf but there was a tag. checked with an employee, he said the computer showed some on hand. guy went to the back and came back with six of them. he said, "note saying these shouldn't be displayed until the 23rd, but i don't see why not." :) running xfire now. :) thanks op!

Funny you mention that, I called my BB today and they said the computer shows they (and all the other stores in the area) have 4, but when he went to check, he couldn't find them anywhere, including the back room. Supervisor says the same thing.

Had the same thing happen to me, but the manager told me that it might be on the truck they are unloading tonight so I should probably check back tomorrow mourning. So technically the store could have it, they just haven't unloaded it yet possibly.

Will probably check back on my way home tonight again though, just to be safe ;o (I pass there going to and from work). Also have work tomorrow so I will check on my way then too.

thanks neogohan.
btw would it be worth it to to get two or these and a xfire motherboard? im only using a 22' monitor

I had no idea there was another [H] member in Sioux Falls! I nabbed the firs two this morning, got them to put them on the shelf. lol!

lol I work in IT for Great Western Bank just two doors east of BB so I just walked over and bought two. A co-worker is returning his 8800GT he got for $200 for a 4850.

Was able to grab the ASUS 4850 for $199.99 and it had a mail-in rebate for $30. $170 is not bad. I should get mine on Tuesday. Kekeke

BTW. the egg rebates are gone.

Went to my local BB just now. They don't have a price sticker for the 4850, but they did have a tag for the 4870x2, 399.00. Didn't show they 25 % off thing so I'll wait

$399 for the 4870x2?!? That deal kicks the Nvidia 280's ass to the curb! Wow.

Was able to grab the ASUS 4850 for $199.99 and it had a mail-in rebate for $30. $170 is not bad. I should get mine on Tuesday. Kekeke

BTW. the egg rebates are gone.

Anyone needs the rebate form it was still on ZipZoomFly when I looked this afternoon; I saved a copy on my PC just in case, so, if you really need it let me know and I can email the .pdf to you.

you can get the 4850 for 160 shipped on ebay right now using the 20% live cashback deal.

had a ton in the best buy i go to. Fairlawn, Ohio. had a stack of about 12 of them. Well they did, now they have a stack of about 10 cus I bought 2 @ $149.99 each :D

Just got back from the Plano (TX) BB...which didn't get any 4850s due to a shipping mixup. More annoyingly, their system (as does the website) still has the card flagged as a pre-order item--due for sale 6/22--and the next closest store has it as due for sale one day after that, according to a phone call between their sales folks. Figures, I guess...

you can get the 4850 for 160 shipped on ebay right now using the 20% live cashback deal.

If its VisionTek I don't think they will honor the lifetime warranty as they require an receipt or sales invoice...

Some manufactors do not require one though, but its a good idea to check first before you buy. I am not sure about the other ATI card manufactors, however I was able to RMA a BFG card I bought from Ebay.

Holmdel NJ (Store 400)
2130 State Route 35
At Laurel Ave
Holmdel, NJ 07733-2770
Phone: 732-671-7123
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:30pm
Sun 11:00am-7:00pm

This store had them for $199 but honored the 25% off from the ad.
$160 out the door.

They still had at least 7 when I left at 6:30pm.

Panama City, Florida doesn't have them in. Damnit, and they wouldn't give me the deal when they do get it in either.

I upgraded from the x1950 to 3870 two weeks ago when they had that deal and now I've upgraded to a 4850 and it only cost me $20 more ;/.

edit: thanks pandora :p

Back