Xoxide going out of business sale

just sent them an email inquiring about my order and i got nothing but the standard 5 days BS.. time to be slightly more forceful i guess

I'm guessing it's because they just received about 100x the number of orders they have been lately and weren't prepared (might have to go obtain more boxes / packing materials from other sources) and may not have the man-power.

Who knows?

hmm ordered a shit ton of stuff saturday i think it was, showed up today.

ordered 2 world of warcraft mice on monday, they were here tuesday. Granted i Live in PA and have a long customer history.. but i was notifiied and received my product actually faster than some of the normal times i have ordered from them.

got my stuff yesterday and ordered sometime last week. all my stuff (cpu HS, 2 fans and 7 energy drinks) were in a big box with a couple sheets of brown packing material crumpled up. a couple drinks (including a glass bottle) were in a sleeve of bubble wrap. is it standard for them to ship stuff like this or were they running out of packing material? this is easily the worst i have ever seen anything ship

I don't think anything will ever beat getting a PSU in an empty box 5-6 times the size of it (OEM box) and no packing material, at all.

That was geeks.com... $13 PSU... worth $60+ but it still worked fine. D=

I will miss Xoxide, I stopped spending all my cash there when XoxideRewards died. It was something they had that NOBODY else had, and to my knowledge still has.

Also around the same time they began to be less competitive and if you mentioned like, SVC they would just censor out the words and such trying to keep people from leaving. They slowly pushed themselves away, and people just moved on.

ordered a psu on sunday and a few odds and ends on monday. could care less given the situation how long it takes to ship as long as i get it im good.
sad to see them go, have always had a good expirence with them.

ordered a psu on sunday and a few odds and ends on monday. could care less given the situation how long it takes to ship as long as i get it im good.
sad to see them go, have always had a good expirence with them.

did your odds and ends include the boobie mousepad? man i hope someone on here got them!

:( to be fair i just opened my box and found my order wrong.

a 14 dollar razer mousepad is not equal to the guild wars deathadder..... they had best be refunding me the difference going out of business or not...

:( to be fair i just opened my box and found my order wrong.

a 14 dollar razer mousepad is not equal to the guild wars deathadder..... they had best be refunding me the difference going out of business or not...

Class-Action Lawsuit?

:p

Ordered on the 12th still no update to shipping. Wow no wonder they are going out of business with an order turn around like this.

Ordered on the 12th still no update to shipping. Wow no wonder they are going out of business with an order turn around like this.
Really? You think business went on as usual during their liquidation? They didn't experience the ordinary order volume. I'm sure it was exponentially more.

Got my order today, never received any confirmation of any kind of shipping, or a tracking number.

the lazy bastards shipped my bawls with no padding at all, and they shorted me 4 cans of Brawndo.. those pricks are lucky there phones don't work anymore cause i am one pissed off person

I'm not going to lie....this is why they probably went out of business in the first place...

update, talked to them this morning, they are shipping me my deathadder and told me to just keep the mousepad.

my bawls were shipping in a shit-ton of bubble wrap.

Got my order today, never received any confirmation of any kind of shipping, or a tracking number.

the lazy bastards shipped my bawls with no padding at all, and they shorted me 4 cans of Brawndo.. those pricks are lucky there phones don't work anymore cause i am one pissed off person

phones worked as of 11am this morning.

My order from Sept 11 arrived today. 6 Days from order to arrival isn't too bad.

I've been shorted 5 cans of Brawndo and 2 syringes of Primochill. They subbed in a can of Rip-It for a can of Blue Bawls.

Hopefully the rest of my order is coming in a separate box, otherwise I'll do a chargeback for the cost of the missing items.

Ok, so i got my first shipment for the Enermax 1050 PSU, except that is is a 850watt PSU. Has their labels with 1050 on it, but the box clearly states 850w. I called Xoide up and the guy stated that they could refund the difference to the new discounted price or I could ship it back, I took the discounted price. I was really surprised that I didn't have to fight with them, but I guess they expect some screw ups. I also asked them about my other order and they said it did ship yesterday and should be here by the 21st, so some good news there. I wonder how long they will take to refund the difference. Anyway, make sure you check your box as soon as it comes in.

WOW!!!! Before I could even get this post typed they had already issued me a refund of $75. Wow!! That's customer service, I still don't understand why with the amount of sales they stated they were doing why they went out of business.

By the way if anyone is having a hard time finding their number here it is:

610-251-1672.

Just give them a call, took less than a minute for me to talk to someone and find out what was going on.

Got the psu I ordered on sunday, haven't checked it yet but the box is the model i ordered.
il check it later but if a fireball rolls out the back il just call enermax because i wont be finding another at that price lol.

They just sold on auction for 76K.
maybe newegg bought it lol

Is that why everything on the site shows as SOLD OUT ??

(because I can't honestly imagine that they sold ALL that stuff at the pathetic prices they were offering)

The auction was for the domain and the legal rights to the company, doesn't include the inventory.

My order from Sept 11 arrived today. 6 Days from order to arrival isn't too bad.

I've been shorted 5 cans of Brawndo and 2 syringes of Primochill. They subbed in a can of Rip-It for a can of Blue Bawls.

Hopefully the rest of my order is coming in a separate box, otherwise I'll do a chargeback for the cost of the missing items.

Maybe thats cause I ordered 5 cans because that is all they had? I better get my brawndo thats the whole reason I ordered. I should have ordered before I posted it on here cause I only got in for 5 cans.

I still don't understand why with the amount of sales they stated they were doing why they went out of business.
High sales does not equal high profits. Since they were a private company we can't see their financials, but based on the company's short history I would imagine the company never turned a profit and the bank called their loans forcing them to throw in the towel.

well... someone please slap me in the back of the head. Got a call from my little brother this afternoon letting my know that I was a dumbass and my Xoxide order shipped to my home address in MA rather than my Apartment address up at school in VT.... after all is said and done, I LOSE because i won't be going home til mid-october... GAH

High sales does not equal high profits. Since they were a private company we can't see their financials, but based on the company's short history I would imagine the company never turned a profit and the bank called their loans forcing them to throw in the towel.

Exactly, they can make all the sales they want, but if the profit margins doesn't cover expenses...you're losing money.

I think more likely they're just going to concentrate on the car mod business. Their prices did kinda suck, but they did seem to sell a pretty good amount. I never bought from them because of the prices.

I think more likely they're just going to concentrate on the car mod business. Their prices did kinda suck, but they did seem to sell a pretty good amount. I never bought from them because of the prices.
Because liquidating your inventory and closing up shop is a better business decision than finding a buyer for your profitable company or hiring someone to run things so you can devote your time elsewhere. Xoxide went belly up because it was unprofitable, not for any personal decision that its ownership made.

Back