XFX Support issues

Perilous

[H]ard|Gawd
My wife's computer has a XFX Double D Radeon R9 270X that suddenly stopped working correctly. It shut off and upon reboot both DVI ports appear to not work and the HDMI port outputs huge green bars vertically. Oh well, that's why I bought an XFX card with the lifetime warranty.

I logged into the support site and created a ticket on 9/6 early morning to get the ball rolling on an RMA. The following evening I got a response asking me to try some basic troubleshooting steps which I tried prior to opening the ticket. I responded as such within 2 hours and 3 days later still waiting on a response.

Is there a more effective contact method for support in order to speed up a RMA?

I don't want to buy a replacement card for that PC just to ultimately end up as a spare, but I also don't want to have to share a computer with my wife for too long.

I think there used to be a xfx guy that was a forum member here. Don't remember the name or if the person still works for xfx but maybe someone else will know

You would not be the first person with XFX Support issues. At least it only took a week for you, mine was almost a month.

You would not be the first person with XFX Support issues. At least it only took a week for you, mine was almost a month.

I know when I bought this card, I purposely bought the XFX for the "lifetime" warranty. This is the first time I had to actually use their support. I also took a multi faceted, carpet bombing approach for escalation by hitting up here and reddit.

Typically I prefer companies with strong warranties that are tied to serial number and not to registration.

MSI, I haven't had problems with and got a nice upgrade on the one time I needed their support.

I know I personally will never buy ASUS after the nightmare I went through with my Matrix 5870's. They charged me $150 to extend my warranty only to turn around and deny the repair.

Only time I used a video card warranty was XFX, and it took about 2 weeks to get my RMA there and back. Not too bad.

Back