XFX RMA, What will I get?

Dmac122383

Limp Gawd
I'm wondering what type of replacement card I will be getting thru an RMA from XFX. I am sending them a 6970, and I doubt they have any old 6970s laying around they can send me back.

I hope it is going to be something on the same level or higher than the 6970. I RMA'd a 6950 thru Sapphire and they only gave me back a 7850 and I was quite upset about that. They said it was equivalent performance and next gen, so they said take it or leave it. I probally should of talked to a supervisor or something.

Any info on your experiences with XFX RMAs would be great, thanks.

I just sent an xfx 6950 in not long ago that was messing up. I figured they wouldn't have any of those laying around, but they sent me a brand new one back. So don't get your hopes up too high :D

Let us know what you get.

last video card I RMAed was an xfx 5770 and they sent me back a 6850. nice upgrade but no more xfire

If they have that card in stock then you will get that one back. If not you will probably get a 7870 or a 270/270x back. It mostly depends on what stock they have at the current time it goes out.

Hey Dmac,

It realyl depends on our stock. 90% of the time its replaced with the same card, however, like in your case, it will be upgrade/different.

We dont publicly advertise what replacements typically are because we dont want people to call in with expectations or demands. We simply replace it with what we have in stock at the time and that stock drastically changes weekly.

PM me your RMA # and tell me what you prefer to have it replaced with and ill see what i can do.

Thanks

now thats awesome customer service and is why i bought xfx when i did:D

Damn. Now that's customer service. About time I started looking at xfx for my upgrades.

Just under 2 weeks before I bought my GTX 980s I saw a thread where EVGA replaced a guys GTX 680 for a GTX 770, not realizing the owner was using two of them for SLi. Once they found out they had him ship his working card back (On their dime) and they swapped his working 680 for a brand new GTX 770 so the user can run SLi again. I believe they also cross shipped and expedited shipping.

I took note there and said the 2 GTX 980s I plan to buy will be EVGA and they were.

I'll definitely take note of what has transpired here because come February I may be buying 2 R10 390X cards, If so, They'll be XFX for sure.

Looks like you may have gotten lucky Dmac :D
Let us know which card you end up with.

This is the reason why I've bought 2 videocards from XFX and recommend them to friends and family. 2 friends and my mother have bought XFX video cards too. This is the second time dealing with an RMA thru XFX and the first time was nice and easy also. I like how XFX has an "instant messaging" style ticket set up, it was easy to communicate with them.

And thanks again to the customer rep that I've been talking to thru Hardforum.

Thanks to XFX , they processed my RMA within a day.
If I pay a single dime towards a AMD brand gpu it will be through XFX for sure.
Also special thanks for XFXsupport guy .
XFX = FTW

one of my fan bearings just went out on my XFX 7970, and they shipped me new fans for free, giving me the option to RMA the card, but as I said the card was fine they just shipped me the fans. Very satisfied! I'll buy from them again.

I've bought two XFX cards because of their lauded customer support. I've never had to use it, but threads like these make me feel better about the purchases. Thanks.

I RMA'd a 6950 thru Sapphire and they only gave me back a 7850 and I was quite upset about that. They said it was equivalent performance and next gen, so they said take it or leave it.
That is mostly correct though, except when it comes to GPU compute.
But as there are some games where the 7850 is slightly slower I understand that you are upset and the right thing for Sapphire would have been to replace it with at least a 7870 or R9 270.

XFX actually still had a 6970 in stock, so that is what they are sending me. I'm just glad i'll be able to use my pc again. They didnt say what was wrong with it, I think my last RMA they told me what part of the cardfailed, think it was the ram on the gpu. Thanks XFX for your life time warranty and to the Rep that contacted me on here.

Just got my replacement RMA videocard from XFX. They said I was going to get 6970 but when I opened up the box, it was a 270x!! So I'm extremely happy, so now I'm going to crossfire it with my 7870. So now both my pcs have decent videocard set up, my main pc has a new GTX 770 I bought off a friend for $130 and my work/extra pc has 7870/270x crossfire.

I want to thank the XFX support rep that is active on hardforum who reached out and contacted me and helped me thru this RMA. Thank you and XFX for great support.

XFX is the brand I go with, haven't had one fail yet.
Still have a 5850, 6950, and a 7970, although the 5850 is sitting in it's box at the moment since I have nothing to put it in.

I mean, it's good to know that I can get my card replaced if it fails (though its so old) but the thing just wont die. :]

Next card will def be another xfx.

Back