XFX One video card (5450) for 14.99 free shipping

Last edited:
I have one of those in my youngest daughters pc. It runs WoW at lower settings alright for her.
It'd be worth picking up a couple of these just to have laying around for spares.

Good deal, thx OP

Oh nevermind, I got one. It'll be fine :)

From SD: 20PCTOFF coupon drops this to $11.99.

Last edited:
Nice price after coupon! Great for a backup/test card. Looks like the 15-pin analog port is on a ribbon cable and you can put a low profile bracket on it and remove that port. Or does it come with a low profile bracket in the box?

total for me was $12.99 with tax....for $13 i figured why not? good to have as a spare...

Nice price after coupon! Great for a backup/test card. Looks like the 15-pin analog port is on a ribbon cable and you can put a low profile bracket on it and remove that port. Or does it come with a low profile bracket in the box?

my 6450's came with the bracket, I would guess these do too. I'm in for one for my server (totally overkill but I need something low power).

cool thanks for the deal. will use this with a old p4 system that my parents use as HTPC :)

Thank you original poster. I am going to build an 8 core computer for work over the next 6 months and this will be good for it. (I already picked up 16GB of ram for $44.) Then I am going to pick up a board and processor when I find a hot deal on them new or used. (It is going to be a 8 core AMD processor.)

Thanks, in for a couple. It never hurts to have a spare card lying around, especially one that doesn't require a power connector and is passively cooled.

my eyes lit up when I saw this deal. An organization I work for just ordered workstations with these exact cards as the primary graphics adapters, and nearly half of them have failed within 7 months. Insanely high failure rate. Funny that they're on clearance...:rolleyes:

my eyes lit up when I saw this deal. An organization I work for just ordered workstations with these exact cards as the primary graphics adapters, and nearly half of them have failed within 7 months. Insanely high failure rate. Funny that they're on clearance...:rolleyes:

probably another reason, lots of people use them without problems.

In for one... will probably end up as a spare for my spare but who cares at this price :p

I thought a few places online (newegg, others) had the same chipset with 1gb ram for $30 with $10 rebate... just in case someone really wanted something close to this and didn't mind paying a bit extra.

Got mine today and this thing is absolutely sluggish when using media browser.

Mine was night and day compared to the integrated Intel chip some my workstations have. Ubuntu navigation is a lot smoother, but still choppy in some places (e.g. GUI fade in/out effects).

Got mine today and this thing is absolutely sluggish when using media browser.

Not familiar but media center has always sucked for me. Perhaps you need to enable hardware acceleration? I had to enable that for Media Portal and I can now decode even the largest most detailed video on my ancient Opteron PC (with a 6450 though), CPU would max out and I would get pausing or skipping and distortion with some files, but not anymore. Media portal has always been much smoother and nicer than that turd of a program Media Center.

This one is going straight to my toolbox as well. Except for being silent, this thing is a big downgrade from my GT 240 in every way. Fullscreen video (1080p on HDTV) is noticeably choppy in VLC and Amazon.

Not familiar but media center has always sucked for me. Perhaps you need to enable hardware acceleration? I had to enable that for Media Portal and I can now decode even the largest most detailed video on my ancient Opteron PC (with a 6450 though), CPU would max out and I would get pausing or skipping and distortion with some files, but not anymore. Media portal has always been much smoother and nicer than that turd of a program Media Center.

As far as playing movies the card is fantastic. It is when browsing though the menus in media browser that it gets laggy. It had replaced my 3850 that worked great but I liked the extra features and the price of this card so I decided to give it a try. Anyways I think it's just a limitation of its 64-bit memory bus. As it gets much better when you up the memory clocks.

Back