• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX 850W Back Edition installed.

ebeattie

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
441
Hello all. Just installed my XFX 850W Black Edition this morning. mounted in my Cooler Master HAF 932 on the bottom with the fan pointed up drawing cool air from the case, rather than my dusty carpet underneath.

Installation was too easy. Cables were long and except for the 4+4 CPU connectors, all hard wired cables are utilized. Only had to use two of the modular cables. 1 molex link for my DVD-ROM and a case fan. the other for my SATA HDDs. Case is MUCH more clutter free now in addition to having 70A on a single, BEEFY 12v rail. PCIe connectors are 6+2 style.

Only been a day but so far, my system feels very stable and has become very quiet under load. Hot air is exhausted out of the PSU much more quietly than my PCPC 610W silencer. Going from an 80mm fan to a 135 mm fan will do that.

The color clashing in my case (this PSU plus a Notcua cooler with the stock fans, and my ASUS p6t) is totally absurd, but they are all top quality components. Neon green, peach, maroon, black and blue with a red LED main intake fan.... priceless!

If your looking for a great PSU, for about $150 bucks this one certainly is impressing me thus far and a [H]ardocp Gold Choice winner. The fact its a single 12v rail Seasonic 850W unit is icing on the cake!
 
I scored the XFX 650 PSU from Newegg like 3 weeks ago for my new rig which I'll be building in the Fall. Nice PSU with all Japan-made caps (Nippon Chemi-Con), Seasonic built. The beauty of it was I scored it for $49.99 AR $30.00 rebate & $20.00 instant discount, plus free S/H. Usually it's $99.99. The only downside is that stupid green colored fans, but I don't use any silly windows in my cases, so nobody will see it anyway.

The XFX 850 BE is a very nice PSU. You shouldn't have any problems! Good luck!

PS: At least you have all Black & no Green! That's the way XFX should make all of thier PSU colors.
 
The 850W model has a green fan as well.
Hehe, yeah my fan is neon green. But honestly though, I could care less. I dont watch my system up close while I game anyway so it dont matter to me. Besides, my other components kinda clash color wise anyway. :D

Awesome to hear about the great price you got! I got mine for only 15% off list BEFORE tax and S&H... but I needed it and for the money it was the best value. but for what you got yours for... no fair! lol
 
Last edited:
I have that same XFX 650W PSU and I don't have a green fan. No lights on mine at all :confused:. Got it for $50 with that same newegg deal ;).
 
Ok...Green fan...lol. I see what you're talking about now ;). I thought there was a green LED or something like on my old Powerstream 520.
 
I have that same XFX 650W PSU and I don't have a green fan. No lights on mine at all :confused:. Got it for $50 with that same newegg deal ;).

Yeah...You might have caught my post in the "Hot Deals" forum. The sale was because of Eastcoast time & really only had a 3 hour window. I think NewEgg screwed up on that one & it as our gain!
 
Yeah...You might have caught my post in the "Hot Deals" forum. The sale was because of Eastcoast time & really only had a 3 hour window. I think NewEgg screwed up on that one & it as our gain!

Yeah, I did...I think there were 2 or 3 of us that got in on that. Good deal for me and you ;).
 
I installed the xfx 850 yesterday myself. As you said, the case is much more clutter free without tons of extra power cables. I can't hear the power supply over my case fans.
 
All of my stability problems have disappeared since I change my 520w power supply to this one.
 
clashpsu.jpg


Megacrappy pic quality,only got the phone on ym camera... and I had to mag light some illumination in there. lol but yeah, clash away!
 
Last edited:
Im about to order the 650w psu, does it come with the old style molex connectors? I still got an fdd and IDE burner to plug in.........
 
*Ç|®8tË<ETH>;1035730860 said:
Im about to order the 650w psu, does it come with the old style molex connectors? I still got an fdd and IDE burner to plug in.........
All PSUs still have 4-pin molex connectors.
 
Yeah nothing at all dude. You're not linking to the image that's located on your desktop are you?

No, had it at an off site file storage. ok, Ill get it to my photobucket.

EDIT: ok, linked to my pb pic. lemme know if it displays.
 
Back
Top