Supreme [H]ardness
The announcement plus details on this game arrived today in this youtube :

https://kotaku.com/heres-a-ton-of-new-info-on-xenoblade-chronicles-2-1820213223

Here are the details for the season pass
vskvuyw2qwps5qjbuvpw.png

Official game website:
https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com

Last edited:
I tried playing the first one via CEMU....I wasn't really a fan of the combat. Seems like a cool story / RPG though.

I tried playing the first one via CEMU....I wasn't really a fan of the combat. Seems like a cool story / RPG though.
I didn't like the combat at first but it became better as I went on, not great by any means - not sure how overly complex systems equate to more fun?...

the story however did not improve and ended a bit poorly IMO... or perhaps I was getting burnt out at that point. I think I put over 120 hours into.

The environments were what drew me into the game the most, and the music was pretty good. Basically a relaxing game to run around in.

I never seen the appeal of these game. I was hardcore into JRPGs back in the day but none of the Xenoblade games interested me any. They should but they don't.

I never seen the appeal of these game. I was hardcore into JRPGs back in the day but none of the Xenoblade games interested me any. They should but they don't.

Never played a Xenoblade chronicles before ;) .
Not everything is the same for everyone , used to love phantasy star 2 on the genesis and that is not something I found appealing on other platforms to play or try. This seems to be a mix of all sorts of things with open world aspects

Another video discussing what type of blades there are rather lengthy rambling ;)

I really hope that Treehouse didn't butcher the localization in this one. Stop trying to be writers and just translate the damned thing for once...

Can't wait for this. I'm leaving home before it gets released but might get a second switch just to play this overseas.

Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are easily the best RPGs I've played since FF7, hands down! (Xenoblade X being my favorite.)

Holy crap, this is coming out this Friday??! I thought this was a 2018 release. Need to get my pre-order in!

Did you get additional Amazon Prime savings on your preorder? Just ordered the standard edition myself and noticed Prime Savings knocking off $11.99 from the original price before tax.
I have not gotten a shipping notification yet. I usually am told how much I saved around that time.

Well I bought the whole game and season pass last night off the eShop, it seems that the SA gravy train is about to leave the station (one way or another) so I grabbed this.

If I grab SMO as well, I'd have gotten the season pass for free than if I bought them both on NA eShop.

Well I bought the whole game and season pass last night off the eShop, it seems that the SA gravy train is about to leave the station (one way or another) so I grabbed this.

If I grab SMO as well, I'd have gotten the season pass for free than if I bought them both on NA eShop.

How do you get the South African Eshop on switch ?

Review for this game:

Did you get additional Amazon Prime savings on your preorder? Just ordered the standard edition myself and noticed Prime Savings knocking off $11.99 from the original price before tax.
Got the notification. Saved 18% before tax, so it's $82.00 instead of $99.96. Will be delivered tomorrow night.

Got the notification. Saved 18% before tax, so it's $82.00 instead of $99.96. Will be delivered tomorrow night.

I should've opted for the extra $3.99 for release day shipping. My standard edition comes in next Tuesday. :(

EDIT: I didn't see a Season Pass option under Amazon when I had pre-ordered the title, is that strictly available from eShop?

I should've opted for the extra $3.99 for release day shipping. My standard edition comes in next Tuesday. :(

EDIT: I didn't see a Season Pass option under Amazon when I had pre-ordered the title, is that strictly available from eShop?

Only digital but here you go: https://www.amazon.com/Xenoblade-Chronicles-Expansion-Nintendo-Digital/dp/B077PC6D3Z/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512073410&sr=8-2&keywords=xenoblade+chronicles+2+expansion&th=1

Same deal as it was with the Zelda DLC, I believe.

Semi-tempted to pre-order but I don't know how I felt about the first one, so I'm going to hold off. I've got a PS4 Pro coming anyway so I'll be occupied for awhile.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Only digital but here you go: https://www.amazon.com/Xenoblade-Chronicles-Expansion-Nintendo-Digital/dp/B077PC6D3Z/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512073410&sr=8-2&keywords=xenoblade+chronicles+2+expansion&th=1

Same deal as it was with the Zelda DLC, I believe.

Semi-tempted to pre-order but I don't know how I felt about the first one, so I'm going to hold off. I've got a PS4 Pro coming anyway so I'll be occupied for awhile.

Perfect, thanks! I'll probably grab this after I receive my copy. I also just realized that I don't have any of the Zelda DLC myself.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Perfect, thanks! I'll probably grab this after I receive my copy. I also just realized that I don't have any of the Zelda DLC myself.

Oddly enough, I was not even able to find the Zelda DLC on the eShop - I had to buy it from Amazon and then apply the key. Not sure what is up with that.

How do you get the South African Eshop on switch?

AFAIK, your credit card's billing address must be in a country that does not have eShop (Taiwan didn't, don't know if we have it now that Switch is officially released here today).

Change the location of your Nintendo account to South Africa on the PC via the website, then try to go into the eShop on Switch, which it will prompt you to log in again, do and the shop will be switched to SA.

I am not sure if PayPal works and I have read conflicting information about whether it works or don't. I haven't tried as I haven't used PayPal in ages and have no intention to start using it again.

I have not gotten a shipping notification yet. I usually am told how much I saved around that time.

Looks like mine shipped and is actually in my city as of 2am. It's set for delivery tomorrow though.. crossing my fingers for an Out for Delivery notification.

I just got my notification NOW...... wont get my package until tomorrow when my business is closed, so Monday..... sigh.

Well I'm out of luck as well the postal delivery seems to be not happening here.
***surprisingly it ended up on the doormat this morning

Last edited:
Bought mine from Newegg to use up an expiring gift card and they haven't even shipped it yet. :(

Mine is in hand finally. Box is amazing, weight alone of the box is great. Now to crack it open and actually PLAY this game.

Mine is in hand finally. Box is amazing, weight alone of the box is great. Now to crack it open and actually PLAY this game.
The box is only so big because it includes a full size book instead of the dinky minis most CEs come with. It's nice, too.

Back