Xe looking EXTREAMLY under welming

Elios

Supreme [H]ardness
whats going on with intel didnt Kyle say they hired him to make sure they where going build real gaming card. mean wile Xe is looking like its going top out at mid range AT BEST...

Elios...
Did you get additional information from another hidden source?
Most leaks point to a mid-range card capable of quite good hardware-based ray-tracing.
They also say it is still in the early clock testing phase at between 1.8-2.0 GHz.
If Intel can supply a first card at between RTX3070 to 3070Ti performance, I'd say that is a 'win'...especially if it comes in under $550.

Heard these claims b4. While Iris has been at least competent, I will believe 3070 performance when it is in the hands of consumers. Though with 3xxx and 6xxx midrange and above cards being practically nonexistent, anything even a mile close and available would be an improvement.

Kyle was hired as their GPU engineer?
No, as Director of Enthusiast Engagement.

What did they sign up Raj for, PR?
Wouldn't have done a worse job than the current crew that have made "Intel" become synonymous with "dishonest marketing". Their latest stunt is comparing 1195G7@28W with 5800U@15W

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/noz2un/according_to_intel_core_i71195g7_is_faster_than/

You can find (older?) versions of this slideset floating around which didn't even mention the wattage (you'd have to look up in the disclosure statement)
iger-Lake-H-00004_7144C9BD78C242A7B5A369744E4DBF27.jpg

Elios...
Did you get additional information from another hidden source?
Most leaks point to a mid-range card capable of quite good hardware-based ray-tracing.
They also say it is still in the early clock testing phase at between 1.8-2.0 GHz.
If Intel can supply a first card at between RTX3070 to 3070Ti performance, I'd say that is a 'win'...especially if it comes in under $550.
GN was talking about it after the Intel keynote last night was not impressed at all. they showed there top card bearably running the remaster of Crysis

Of course that would be a win. That would be downright amazing! But given Intel's past performance, I would be less surprised if could levitate off the ground by flapping my arms.

Heard these claims b4. While Iris has been at least competent, I will believe 3070 performance when it is in the hands of consumers. Though with 3xxx and 6xxx midrange and above cards being practically nonexistent, anything even a mile close and available would be an improvement.
are intel fabs going to make it? Cause if not theres no improvement. I believe samsung and tmsc are pinned.

That sound incredibly amazing with the potential of a gamechanger (if we talk 3060ti-3070 type of performance from a third player that is use to a different kind of volume and released before the next generation of cards)

Last edited:
I was hoping for a affordable, low power card I could throw in my server to handle video transcoding with quicksync.

Hell, if it was 3060 Ti performance or around it would sell like hotcakes, that is if readily available. I would love to see Intel come in and just soak up a huge share of the market away from Nvidia and AMD, maybe Nvidia and AMD would start putting people first in their products. Nvidia and AMD not being able to supply the market they own is a big red flag on carelessness. Does AMD still make RNDA cards such as the 5600 XT, 5500 XT? or did they just dumped all of their lower end cards? Same with Nvidia.

Yea that would be awesome for Intel and gamers in general. Another player in the game will be a good motivator.

Yea that would be awesome for Intel and gamers in general. Another player in the game will be a good motivator.
NVidia has an effective monopoly on the market right now. I have no love for Intel, since I'm now rocking an AMD 3900X, but I would love to see Intel succeed here.

Wouldn't have done a worse job than the current crew that have made "Intel" become synonymous with "dishonest marketing". Their latest stunt is comparing 1195G7@28W with 5800U@15W

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/noz2un/according_to_intel_core_i71195g7_is_faster_than/

You can find (older?) versions of this slideset floating around which didn't even mention the wattage (you'd have to look up in the disclosure statement)

I need to start adding /s to my comments.

My point being exactly that, he was not hired to engineer a GPU. If for some reason Intel allows the "Director of Enthusiast Engagement" to direct what the (here comes a long one) "Senior Vice President, Chief Architect, General Manager, Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software" department does and make decisions on his behalf on how their GPU is designed.... ----------------------------------------->/s Well, no wonder Intel is failing all over, their SMEs apparently are not allowed to make decisions. /s <-----------------------------------------

As for Intel's slide shows, I treat them like every other company. They mean nothing to me. I always wait for independent reviews to make a purchasing decision. Every company has produced misleading slides at one point in time (some more so than others).

As for team blue's new GPU, if their first card is considered mid-ranged for both AMD and Nvidia... Fuck I am impressed.

"As fast as a 3070" won't mean as much by the time the cards are released.

If it's in early 2022, it will mean something. I'm guessing Nvidia will follow a 2 year cycle, so later in 2022 might not be as good for a "3070 performance" card. I read it could be ready as early as Q4'21 but probably as a limited availability/paper launch product that early.

If they do manage a card that's mid-range (think around 3060 Ti to 3070 level), honestly that would be great for the market. Not everyone is looking for $1k+ cards.

In fairness, the 3060Ti at $399 would be a great buy in terms of bang for the buck. If there was flush supply for everyone, I can't see these selling for over $500 MSRP. Another TSMC product though...doesn't sound like availability is going to be any better than anyone else.

i was thinking of a new test bench card but maybe they cant make em yet and if they using TSMC then we can forget ever gettin one, apple is soaking up like 60% or more of the fab for crap phones,M1, thn you have nvidia and amd fighting with what is left over, doesnt help amd is also making console,ryzen 5000x cpus, and soon apu's that foundry is getting hammered on every front,

i was thinking of a new test bench card but maybe they cant make em yet and if they using TSMC then we can forget ever gettin one, apple is soaking up like 60% or more of the fab for crap phones,M1, thn you have nvidia and amd fighting with what is left over, doesnt help amd is also making console,ryzen 5000x cpus, and soon apu's that foundry is getting hammered on every front,
:ROFLMAO: Hammered all the way to the bank.

It's not like they just turn on different nodes on different days. I read (not necessarily in the OP article) that Intel was looking at 6nm process for the Xe. There might not be quite as much competition for that node compared to the 5nm one that Apple uses or the 7nm one that AMD uses. Then I also read that they were looking at 7nm which would put it in competition with AMD for that node space (in theory).

im surprised they'd not use there 14n+++++++++++++++ node till they can make the hurdle to 6nm - 5nm as i dont see how there is any fab space open for any new customers, thought TSMC told in to F$%^ off as well since they dont want to help the competition in a small short term order. wouldnt it in TSMC to not help them or make them (intel) Bleed the bank.

So in a 'round-about' way, lots of folks have no confidence Intel (with it's billions) can ever produce this card or be competitive with GPUs.
If that is the case, American chip manufacturing has failed...miserably.
It doesn't bode well for our 'brain-trust' if we can't get this done.
Both sad points indeed.
I believe Intel will produce it.
I am however...concerned they had to use an outside competing vendor to do so.

Last edited:

View attachment 361435
Speaking of which, did they ever hire anyone else for this when Kyle left? I don't recall seeing anything on it after his departure.

Speaking of which, did they ever hire anyone else for this when Kyle left? I don't recall seeing anything on it after his departure.
No they did not. The person that hired me left a couple months after me. I was working for SMG, Sales and Marketing Group. This is a different BU than any of the other journalists that work there now. Once the two of us left, there was no one left in SMG with our vision of moving forward.

So in a 'round-about' way, lots of folks have no confidence Intel (with it's billions) can ever produce this card or be competitive with GPUs.
If that is the case, America chip manufacturing has failed...miserably.
Both sad points indeed.
I believe they will produce it.
I am concerned they had to use a competing vendor to do it.
This is optimistic. We have loads of evidence of Intel's FAB struggles. Reminiscent of GLOFO a few years back (or still i guess, they just don't make ultra high performance stuff any more). TSMC and Samsung hold all the cards.
America chip manufacturing has failed, miserably. They can (and may) recover, but economics has to be there. At current prices the economics are likely there, but like all things in manufacturing there isn't a magic lets get to work switch you can flip and instantly profit.
The provided slides suggest that Intel is not competitive. This is good news for APU's though, and intel is learning about pushing the envelope on GPU's, which will have trickle down effects on their little APU's. AMD has been benefiting from this for years. Nvidia on the other hand is trying to learn CPU's, interesting times.

It probably will be underwhelming, especially since this is their first crack at a GPU since Larabee and AMD and Nvidia own all the good patents, but that might not matter when it comes to sales. Most of the market plays in the low to mid range category anyway, which is why you've seen the 1060 dominate Steam surveys for years now. If Intel can compete in this market with the right price, their OEM buddies like Dell will sling them as the default at customers and they'll still sell a ton of them. That will be doubly true if they manage to get any reasonable measure of supply out. Hardware enthusiasts will laugh at it, but Intel is still a juggernaut and they own a lot of the system builder infrastructure. My gut feeling is that they will sell buckets of these regardless of what those of us in the enthusiast market think of it.

This is optimistic. We have loads of evidence of Intel's FAB struggles. Reminiscent of GLOFO a few years back (or still i guess, they just don't make ultra high performance stuff any more). TSMC and Samsung hold all the cards.
America chip manufacturing has failed, miserably. They can (and may) recover, but economics has to be there. At current prices the economics are likely there, but like all things in manufacturing there isn't a magic lets get to work switch you can flip and instantly profit.
The provided slides suggest that Intel is not competitive. This is good news for APU's though, and intel is learning about pushing the envelope on GPU's, which will have trickle down effects on their little APU's. AMD has been benefiting from this for years. Nvidia on the other hand is trying to learn CPU's, interesting times.

A couple of things will be interesting to watch:

1) The US government is concerned about losing access to critical microchips given the geopolitical situation. They will throw tons of corporate welfare at anyone willing to secure America's supply of semiconductors. Intel is the only remaining native US manufacturer, they will benefit. TSMC and Samsung realize this which is why they're now breaking ground on American fabs as well. This could potentially hurt Intel in a sense if the US government deems it sufficient to secure supply since the fabs will be in the US, but they do have the advantage of being headquartered in the US with the IP and management in the US instead of Seoul or Taipei.

2) Intel's management has, quite frankly, sucked for several years. It was being run by finance people. Their competitors were being run by engineers. That's why they got their asses handed to them. Bob Swan had no business being in that role; he's a business man, not an engineer. The recent CEO change to Pat Gelsinger was positive. We'll see where this goes. Intel has been behind the 8-ball before, but they are still a huge company with a ton of financial resources at their disposal. They can afford to pay top talent at a level that their competitors simply can't, which might be their saving grace.

In any case, the competition can only mean positive results for consumers. Intel's definitely had a major wake-up call. They have a chance to turn it around, but it's a fleeting opportunity and they need to capitalize.

I don't know why anyone would expect a first generation graphics product by a company that hasn't built a discrete GPU in decades to knock it out of the park. These things take time to get right even with the best leadership. It's hard to gauge Raja since AMD didn't have the budget to really let him do much.

View attachment 361435
Does the wattage matter that much? For people who look at individual processors and benchmarks, maybe. But generally consumers buy a complete product. The details are for the OEM to tackle

Back