Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

and someone in the other thread said MS was demoing games on a real system lol (J/K as front page indicates photo might be bogus)

Last edited:
Apparently Microsofts "reputation managers" are out and about in forums telling people that running on this other hardware is OK since everyone at E3 does it. Sony reacted to this stating not everyone does this, and that they ran their games on PS4 dev hardware (which is the same console specs with a little bit more ram).

Oh yeah, that extra hardware for the Microsoft game demo's lead to better graphics as well since Microsoft could crank it up.

You are all being lied to by MS.

This certainly isn't the first time this has been done. I'm pretty sure I remember similar things happening at previous E3's. Either way, this isn't as bad as the Killzone 2 incident.

The Xbone dashboard/common services runs on a stripped down Win8, but the games have their own OS running above the base OS hypervisor.

I think Win8 = fail too, but in an embedded OS like the Xbone uses, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not infected by the retarded touch/tablet interface nonsense where it wouldn't make sense, like many PC users have to endure.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that extra hardware for the Microsoft game demo's lead to better graphics as well since Microsoft could crank it up.

You are all being lied to by MS.

Problem with the demos running on higher systems than they actually have is how bad lots of them ran. When they are actually limited to a fraction of the hardware, it's going to be terrible! :eek:

This certainly isn't the first time this has been done. I'm pretty sure I remember similar things happening at previous E3's. Either way, this isn't as bad as the Killzone 2 incident.

The Killzone incident wasn't really much of an incident, it looked pretty much like that. :p

The Killzone incident wasn't really much of an incident, it looked pretty much like that. :p

There was definitely a noticeable difference.

I should have actually specified, but really I was getting at was the simple fact that they lied. Plus, even when the press was uncovering the truth, they still tried to deny it.

Back