XBOX 360 Takes a dump

Man this really sucks. I finally pick up GTA4 put the disc in, kick back, and all i hear is the pathetic loud noise of the disc drive trying to read the disc. So i try everything, clean the disc, put the console on its side, different games, DVDs, finally HALO 3 loads up for me after like 20 minutes of trying, so i hit eject to try GTA 4 now, and the damn system doesnt work period.

Ive had this damned xbox 360 elite for like 10-12 months, dont play that much on it, maybe 10 hours combined time MAX in all that time with like 5 games, and it dies on the one game i really want to play. Im going to try to get a refund and just blast microsoft for this crap, already sent em an email to their xbox support site trying to get em to just gimme my money back and add this POS to their landfill. Id go out and buy a PS3 tomorrow if they werent havin probs with GTA 4, and just return the one i bought for another copy of the PS3 version. But im kinda out like $700 dollars easy already. I will NEVER buy another MS console. They can shove their whole gaming console business up their ass for all im concerned.

I don't mean to be crass, but it's not like other consoles don't fail. Yours didn't RRoD, which is really the only thing that Microsoft did worse than everyone else.

In any event, I doubt you're going to be getting a refund from Microsoft. Their warranty, IIRC, doesn't make any provisions for that.

Yea i know.. but one can hope. As for other consoles failing... i have owned an atari 2600, neo geo, turbo duo, nintendo, nintendo 64, genesis, gameboy, gameboy advance, psp, playstation 1, playstation 2, sega cd, super nintendo, 3DO, jaguar, and now an xbox 360. This is the ONLY ONE to ever give me any problems.

Now take that into account, and my personal experience with consoles leaves me with one conclusion, XBOX sucks. If i get a new one, will sell it on ebay with all the games. I will never own another MS console.

ps3 dont break as much has a 360. my 360 fucked up last night also for the 5th yes 5th fucking time. i might go and buy a ps3 now. to hell with MS

I have been through four 360's, all within a couple months of each other, poorly made console, I like my ps3 and wii better.

And people wonder why PS3's community support has been growing...

I had a drive failure on my first 360 (launch unit). After MS sent it back from repair, I sold it and went out and got an Elite (I really wanted black). The Elite has been pretty good since then, but recently I have been having issues with lockups. It is annoying, but I doubt I will sell the elite even if it does eventually crap out on me.

Well to update, i bought a PS3 today with GTA4.... and if those assholes at MS ever get back to my email about servicing the xbox and actually follow thru by fixing it and sending it back, im going to sell the piece of shit on ebay. Im officially done with MS consoles for life.

maybe so but at least the ps3's work still unlike teh 360 where gta practicly kills the 360 console period. what fucking joke

What? Are you talking about the cahce overflow problem? That exsists on both PS3s and 360 (w/hdd's)

lots more freezing and issues on ps3 in the forums i read than 360 problems in regards to GTA IV.......but yeah i know overall that the ps3 has been far more reliable.....just saying in this case the 360 version is no doubt the better one to have if you can choose...

I played it for about 2 hours on my brand new ps3... no problems.. seems a bit dark though, kinda hard to see shit at times, and i definitely have to change the control scheme they have, it sucks. BUT IT PLAYS! lol

lots more freezing and issues on ps3 in the forums i read than 360 problems in regards to GTA IV.......but yeah i know overall that the ps3 has been far more reliable.....just saying in this case the 360 version is no doubt the better one to have if you can choose...

I'm over 12 hours into the game (60GB PS3), and have not had a single freeze or any problem for that matter.

no slows downs or freezes, I am about 10ish hours into also and the ps3 has not been turned off for a day and half, would just pause the game when I quit playing.

You guys are so UNLUCK! I've had my 360 for well over 1.5 years, play it a lot and nothing. No RRoD no hiccups, nothing! I've even packed it in a suitcase and travelled abroad, played it there and got back and still works fine.

Its called the vocal minority
My xbox has been perfect, no problems, no freezing, in gta or any game.

okay well I had my first "freeze" if you want to call it that. I left the game running and it went to the "loading" screen and was stuck there for a bit. Exited out to the system menu for my ps3, jumped back into the game and it worked fine for about 2 hours afterward; until I finished playing. All is well now.

I figured I'd follow up because everything hasn't been perfect. Good, but not perfect.

I'd buy a PS 3... except they don't have any good exclusives aside from short games worth renting. I'll just play it at my friends house until a quality exclusive longer then six hours appears. I loved my PS 2, but this generation for them has just been depressing as far as exclusive titles goes.

ps3 dont break as much has a 360. my 360 fucked up last night also for the 5th yes 5th fucking time. i might go and buy a ps3 now. to hell with MS

Farkk. Thats pretty poor. Guess I got lucky with mine. Haven't ever had a single problem with it.

You'd wish that MS would give some kind of compensation to those who's 360 has fucked up more than once.

I've had to replace my 1.5 yr old xbox a couple months ago and I thought it lasted pretty well. Its really no big deal though when these break. I mean ooo you hvae to wait two weeks for your new one to come back in the mail.

2 weeks? i had to wait a month 4 times mate, last year i was without a 360 for nearly half the whole year. the turn around is 20-25 working days mate

If you are not too afraid of losing your warranty you migh tbe able to fix it fairly cheaply. Mine died after a few hours i bought it. I was really pissed but wanted to play some more so i figured screw the warranty it's obvious the laser is being a bastard . So I opened up the console and the drive ,adjusted both pots a little on the side of the laser . Been working fine since. Have a spare laser on order from ebay for very cheap . when this dies for good it goes in.

My xbox 360 came back to me somewhere between 2-3 weeks. I guess mine broke when they weren't busy.

There's a slight difference between a software issue that can probably be fixed with a patch, and a console bricking :p .

i'm just saying each console has it's fair share of issues and anyone that buys one or the other thinking they are safe are kidding themselves. just buy an in-store warranty and you're set.

Ive had this damned xbox 360 elite for like 10-12 months, dont play that much on it, maybe 10 hours combined time MAX in all that time with like 5 games

So wait, you've played 1 hour a month for 10 months? If you played more sooner you might have caught this problem and could have returned it.

Playing 2 minutes a day isn't quite cutting it.

Nothing caught my attention very long. Gears of war lasted a good 4 hours then i got bored... mass effect like 3 and i got bored...and ghost recon was pretty cool, and lost planet... but just nothing new there for me... i play computer games mostly...but i owned a whopping 4 xbox games anyway...lol

I love gears of war. I beat the campaign 4 times already. 2 times with a friend once with my self and another time with myself and I (split screened with myself so I could get the dom achievements)

I have all my achievements for it except for 3. But if I still played as much as I use to I would of had them a long time ago.

mine just took a dump last night. 3.5 months old.
wont load. locks up at the xbox globe on boot and will
go no further.

I had 2 360's die on me.I ate it big time on the first one having to pay for the repair then it broke again.I sold it then bought a new one.It lasted 2months and died as well.It was rrod,microsuck sent me a replacement and I sold it.
I bought a ps2 since I only really play madden,tiger woods,and nba live.That'll hold me over til 2010.The I''ll buy a ps3

I'm on my 3rd 360. First one was bricked due to last years fall update and the other one had the DVD drive go bad. I now have a two month old Falcon revision that seems to be running fine (knock on wood), still the loud drive annoys me from time to time. I have GTAIV on an 80gb PS3 and I did experience frequent lockups loading up a saved game but disabling automatic PSN login solved it. I haven't had a single lockup since. The fact of the matter is, is that GTAIV is buggy on both platforms and the 360 is very poorly made.

Its called the vocal minority
My xbox has been perfect, no problems, no freezing, in gta or any game.

Tsk, tsk... Fallacy alert - because you don't have any problems means they don't exist, or at least are exaggerated by a minority of users. But how can you say those with problems are the vocal minority when MS was was basically forced to come clean with the failure rate and extend the warranty for RROD to 3 years? The three red lights of RROD are almost part of popular symbology, if that doesn't tell you something, nothing does. I'd say you, with no problems, are rather the vocal minority.

Doesnt the falcon chipset fix the failure rate to something closer to what the PS3 is? I dunno I have always been under the assumption that most of the time the only people to post are ppl with RRoD's and drive problems and everyone else is happily playing.

ahh dont feel too bad, my friend is going to the military and borrowed me his xbox 360 for 4 months w/ his games, had it for hmm 5 days and then it broke so now i have to spend a month waiting for it :(

Back