Xbox 360: Is this an overheating problem? *pic*

supastar1568

Limp Gawd
yea, this is about the fifth time this has happened in two days. The game just freezes up as shown below. Its done this in Gears of War, MLB 2k7, and now NBA 2k7 Overheating? Looks like I will be contacting xbox support. Sad, cause it has a manufacture date of 10/2006, so its pretty new.

IMG_0001-3.jpg

Looks like overheating to me aswell.

Try taking it out of any entertainment cabinet or enclosed space if thats where it is setup.

Mine did that a couple of times and then died altogether about a week later.

Man I miss those days. That technique fixed just about every console problem. If it wasn't the cartridge you just moved onto the part of the console that the cartridged connected into.

thinking back.. the NES was built like a rock man.. i remember dropping that dam nthing from like 5 feet up numerous times lol.. and it still worked like a champ...

NES was awesome. I pulled mine out of the closet a few years back and it still fired up and played just fine.

/blow on it young man, blow on it.

thinking back.. the NES was built like a rock man.. i remember dropping that dam nthing from like 5 feet up numerous times lol.. and it still worked like a champ...

Getting a little off topic, but oh well. Towards the end of my families ownership with our NES (my Mom had sold it to a co-worker when we got a Genesis next), the only problem we had with the NES was we had to stick a cassette tape box down in the cartridge slot, after we loaded in a game, and pushed it down in. For some reason it must have sprung up a little, effecting the connection, and the tape box pushed it down enough to allow the system to access the game finaly.

If you have it in a well ventilated area and it's still artifacting, it's on it's way out.

If I were you I'd sit back, try and relax..get some snacks and lay on the couch with the TV turned on...(with the volume turned down)....While relaxing and watching the TV call Xbox customer service and get it returned...The snacks and the TV in the background will distract you from the hours you'll spend on the phone with people you don't understand.

On a positive tip:
My buddy had his fixed in 10 days including shipping (not too shabby compared to other accounts I've read).

If you're out of warranty then I'd tear it open and try a more aggressive cooling solution.

Your 360 is dying.

Same happened to me and I got the 3 red lights off death a little while later.

Damn, this is the only reason why I'm holding out on the X360, I'd hate to get one now that will crap out on me like this once out of warrenty. Hopefully the X362 has better cooling solution. I hear the power adapters get really hot too? :eek:

Waiting for a more durable X360 too :( (Some how i doubt if my X360 dies here in Argentina where i live, they will give me same cs as in the US and such)

Oh ya I've seen that before. Microsoft has my XBOX360 now, waiting for them to send me another one. First day I saw it, reboot, worked fine. It got worse, then finally XBOX360 finally completely died and 3 red lights of death every time trying to boot.

Bought Xbox360 Boxing Day (December 26th, 2006). Xbox started doing that checkerboard stuff Feb. 14th, 2007, Xbox constantly locked up, Feb. 16th, Xbox basically bricked due to red lights of death: Feb 17th. Called Microsoft support: Feb 17th.

Received box, March 14th, due to MS and Purolator screwup. We'll see....

if it's still under waranty don't try to fix it yourself. Send it in and get it replaced.

My 360 was bought within a month of launch, so it's warranty was expired. Cost me $140

Finally got it back. Works fine...for now.

One problem, the external DVD-Drive open button doesn't work. So I have to do it within the 360 dashboard.

i read on a different forum someone elses 360 did the same thing.....right before it died. i have a feeling youre going to be sending it back for repairs

One problem, the external DVD-Drive open button doesn't work. So I have to do it within the 360 dashboard.

I know this is a really stupid question, but how do you eject it from within the dashboard? I still haven't figured it out. :(

Back