Xbox 360 Hits The 30 Million Mark

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft says they have sold 30 million Xbox 360s worldwide and currently has 20 million active Xbox Live users. Another interesting factoid from the article is that Xbox Live is now in more homes than satellite providers.

Xbox 360 is the console that most of the industry's top games use and publishers have generated $5.9 billion in sales, according to NPD Group. In April alone, Microsoft sold 175,000 units in the US, according to an NPD report. Consumers also own an average of 8.3 Xbox 360 titles each, which puts the console in the lead for games played on current-generation consoles.

And I've yet to buy one. PC FTW.
Yes. Although, I do have the Xbox360 games Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4 (lol, less than $20 for both). I haven't gotten one since the majority(not maturity, lol, I almost put that) of my funds have gone to bills, which are lesser now so I'll might have an X360 in a month or 2.

Steve said:
Microsoft says they have sold 30 million Xbox 360s...
and have repaired each one approximately 1.6 times. :D
Haha, that's a good "burn" there.:D

How many of those sales are a result of flat-out replacement instead of dealing with repairs from MS? Especially if it's justified (by cost) to just go to the store and buy a new one instead of dealing with repair costs (for something that isn't covered by RRoD/E74 error). Or even from inadvertent console bans from XBL? A friend of mine had a console banned after an update for supposedly having it modded (I know it wasn't since I would've done the modding work for him since he's not mod savvy) and calls to MS did nothing for him so he just bought a new console. Another friend has it now since he doesn't care if he goes online or not. Flat out replaced a 360 myself after the DVD drive crapped out on me and would've cost a nice chunk of change to have it repaired (but did go from non-HDMI Core model to HDMI Arcade model).

A friend of mine had a console banned after an update for supposedly having it modded (I know it wasn't since I would've done the modding work for him since he's not mod savvy) and calls to MS did nothing for him so he just bought a new console.

I don't think there's any way in hell I would buy another console from MS if they pulled that shit on me.

He went and bought another one when the replacement he bought RRoD on him and was waiting for the coffin for the repair so now he has one in the living room (new one) and one upstairs (refurb)...

How many of those sales are a result of flat-out replacement instead of dealing with repairs from MS? Especially if it's justified (by cost) to just go to the store and buy a new one instead of dealing with repair costs (for something that isn't covered by RRoD/E74 error). Or even from inadvertent console bans from XBL? A friend of mine had a console banned after an update for supposedly having it modded (I know it wasn't since I would've done the modding work for him since he's not mod savvy) and calls to MS did nothing for him so he just bought a new console. Another friend has it now since he doesn't care if he goes online or not. Flat out replaced a 360 myself after the DVD drive crapped out on me and would've cost a nice chunk of change to have it repaired (but did go from non-HDMI Core model to HDMI Arcade model).

yeah....I've never seen a single person online who was banned in any kind of cheater sweep, whether it's xbl or a CS server or whatever admit that they were correctly banned. All of these poor innocent victims who swear up and down that it simply couldn't be true. :rolleyes:

But...that's not saying much, because satellite sucks. ;)

Except MS sucks at math and is full of crap on this. As of this month there are around 31 million homes with satellite in the US not 20 million, or about 28% if all US homes subscribe to satellite TV.

And satellite offers more choices than most cable providers… it just does.

and have repaired each one approximately 1.6 times. :D

What do you mean by 1.6 times? They fixed it halfway for the second time but they realised that they need to bring out a new model to fix the problem permanently? :eek:

Except MS sucks at math and is full of crap on this. As of this month there are around 31 million homes with satellite in the US not 20 million, or about 28% if all US homes subscribe to satellite TV.

And satellite offers more choices than most cable providers… it just does.

28% isn't really very much...Cable is more than double that.

And I was half-kidding, anyway. I did know someone who had satellite for awhile and it sucked really hard. Sure, you get a lot of programming choices, but the reception and several other technical flaws didn't make it worthwhile.

With the high percentage of defective hardware, I wonder how many of those were second purchases.

I bought a second one when mine red ringed, which I then gave to my brother once I got it back. I didn't want to wait because Rock Band came out that week. I know plenty of other people that did the same thing (a friend of mine is on his third, and each time he bought a new one while he waited).

Great console (thanks to XBox Live) but my lord the hardware is a piece of shit.

How many of those are peoples second third or fourth, e.g. I've seen some people online on around their 5th or 6th console!!!

also the one big selling point of the 360 is its hackable ;-)

I am still not sure what the big deal w/ the RROD is. I guess I was blessed by the gaming gods. I purchased mine when it first went on sale. I am yet to have a RROD. Now watch. I will have one this afternoon (Need to knock on wood)

28% isn't really very much...Cable is more than double that.

And I was half-kidding, anyway. I did know someone who had satellite for awhile and it sucked really hard. Sure, you get a lot of programming choices, but the reception and several other technical flaws didn't make it worthwhile.

It isn't like that for everyone. I normally get great reception and have no technical flaws. Only time I have problem is during heavy rains.

It isn't like that for everyone. I normally get great reception and have no technical flaws. Only time I have problem is during heavy rains.

True, but I live in Seattle. Heavy rains (can) occur during like 80% of the year. To me, cable just seems much more reliable, especially when the price difference is not all that much between satellite and cable.

DISCLAIMER: I subscribe to neither cable nor satellite, personally. However, my family has cable and my friend (as I mentioned) used to have satellite so I've had experience with both.

True, but I live in Seattle. Heavy rains (can) occur during like 80% of the year. To me, cable just seems much more reliable, especially when the price difference is not all that much between satellite and cable.

DISCLAIMER: I subscribe to neither cable nor satellite, personally. However, my family has cable and my friend (as I mentioned) used to have satellite so I've had experience with both.

There's no such thing as heavy rain in Seattle. All it does is sprinkle when it rains. Comcast sucks by the way. Fios>Satellite>Cable. I had Satellite for 2 years in Seattle and never had one hiccup.

I'm surprised to see so many 360 haters. Oh well, I have all three systems and the only thing I use my ps3 for is Blu Ray. The 360 is a WAY better gaming console than the ps3.

[H]adouken!;1034161369 said:
How many of those are peoples second third or fourth, e.g. I've seen some people online on around their 5th or 6th console!!!

also the one big selling point of the 360 is its hackable ;-)

Do you know what this means?!?! It means its not actually 30mil, but the actual attach rate is EVEN HIGHER than 8.3! Either way, this is a win for MS.

There's no such thing as heavy rain in Seattle. All it does is sprinkle when it rains. Comcast sucks by the way. Fios>Satellite>Cable. I had Satellite for 2 years in Seattle and never had one hiccup.

I'm surprised to see so many 360 haters. Oh well, I have all three systems and the only thing I use my ps3 for is Blu Ray. The 360 is a WAY better gaming console than the ps3.

Yeah, make stupid claims and drive the thread straight off topic. Great idea.

I seriously doubt your claim as to having lived in Seattle. I've lived here for 5 years and it has poured rain on several occasions. Unless the only thing you consider "heavy rain" is a monsoon. :rolleyes:

Am i the only one that see's the link between Microsoft and the attach rate being 8.3? Old file system naming scheme anyone? lol

have 2 xboxes 1 E74 replaced it with an arcade. sent in console for repair and got it back and got reimbursed for $95 ir cost for the repair

Back