X800XTPE for $420

AlwaysAngryGuy said:
But the question is whether they will be getting more anytime soon. I'm sure by now they have a lot more than 99 orders.

No kidding....

This is the same crap different day.

I'm still sitting here laughing and looking at my BFG 6800 Ultra in doused in blue neon...so so glad I cancelled all my X800XT orders.

Meh even if it takes 1 month to get there

its still the fastest card out there
for 416USD thats LESS then a GT in most places now and less then an X800Pro in most places
and if you're canadian and u manage to get one
thast 550CAD as compared to the 750CAD it would cost to buy one from Canada :p

so I'd say taking the chance and a few weeks wait
is worth a big save like that on a top end videocard

Just bought one now.
The system did not calculate shipping or tax.
ORDER TOTAL UNAVAILABLE.
Well hope I get one also :)

So we are all on the same boat now!

Keep the thread updated!

15sep-15oct for the US? That means they most likely won't be available in the UK for a long time, not at resonable prices at least imo, untill Oct at the earliest...

Digital Viper-X- said:
Meh even if it takes 1 month to get there

its still the fastest card out there
for 416USD thats LESS then a GT in most places now and less then an X800Pro in most places
and if you're canadian and u manage to get one
thast 550CAD as compared to the 750CAD it would cost to buy one from Canada :p

so I'd say taking the chance and a few weeks wait
is worth a big save like that on a top end videocard

That is what we said, When we ordered from Gateway on June 2nd, 2 months later nothing.... While I think Dell may be a better shot, I still do not see it happening any time in the near future. 1- 2 months.

Digital Viper-X- said:
where's the harm though you can always cancel if it doesn't work out for you

As long as their customer service people are on the same page, I remember calling Gateway a few times and getting different people as well as different ship dates

LordBritish said:
I agree, time is money.

I spent $590 on a 6800 Ultra that was available on newegg.com at that moment - 2 days later I got it and I was dooming away.

I hope you're dooming away coz I'm having a blast :D

If you think you're gunna get a X800 XT-PE for $420, then you're obviously very optimistic.

You'll probably end up wasting a lot of time and you'll probably be dissapointed in the end.

I got one of my X800XT:pE's from Compusa over a month ago for $435.. whats your point? It possible that this order may be cancelled or delayed but its not that huge a deal for most people...

Most people preordering a $400+ videocard are probably not really sweating this "issue"

TheGameguru said:
I got one of my X800XT:pE's from Compusa over a month ago for $435.. whats your point? It possible that this order may be cancelled or delayed but its not that huge a deal for most people...

Most people preordering a $400+ videocard are probably not really sweating this "issue"

agreed :p, i'm pretty much set for now and could wait until the end of the year :p

TheGameguru said:

Actually I would think the complete opposite is true. Most people willing to spend $400+ on a video card are completely aware they are paying a lot for a card that they could get later at a lower price. Thus they want it now, because they want to use it now and they don't care about later. In fact later there will be an even better card to buy.

thrawn42 said:
Actually I would think the complete opposite is true. Most people willing to spend $400+ on a video card are completely aware they are paying a lot for a card that they could get later at a lower price. Thus they want it now, because they want to use it now and they don't care about later. In fact later there will be an even better card to buy.

excellent point :D

mjz_5 said:
you have an 6800, why order a new card?

Because I can. :p

Actually that post was made before I tried the 65.62s. They're the supposed driver set that finally makes Nvidia's AF more like ATIs. While I don't know the tech speak...I do know that moving to these drivers netted me about 15FPS in Far Cry at max everything [Ultra details, 16x12, 8xAA, 16xAF]. So I'm probabley going to stay with Nvidia now.

I got an e-mail from dell confirming that they got the order, but saying that they're working on the details of it (they call it an order acknowledgement, as opposed to a confirmation). With any luck it just means Visa has to call me and make sure I actually want to give Dell $400+ for something.

just another update for anyone who cares, ordered my card noonish on thursday, still no second e-mail with all my order numbers and such :/

I haven't got my acknowledgement yet either.. and I ordered friday night, im gonna try and call dell today since they say to do so if you dont get your acknowledgement within 48 hrs..

The leadtime in the computer still lists it as 5-7 business days, so don't fret yet, guys.

it on backorder guys.
I checked my order status and here's what I got:

Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.

SKU: <> A0381920 Quantity: 2
Description: <> Radeon X800XT Platinum Edition

pffft!~

Has anyone who placed an order friday or afterward received a confirmation email with their customer and order #?

I ordered mine verbally with my account rep Friday around 11:00AM est and I got the email with my order number around 15 minutes later. The order status says says it will ship by 8/23 and hasn't changed since. We'll see.

Unless fret means cry myself to sleep every night since thursday, dont worry, im not fretting.

halcyon said:
Has anyone who placed an order friday or afterward received a confirmation email with their customer and order #?

i ordered mine on thursday and haven't heard a thing, i called my cc company and they haven't heard anything from dell

Will order one on a business accout and see what happens. I have another on order with Gateway, but may as well check this out.

Out of stock. 6 Day lead time. Said it will ship on the 6th day....but who in the hell can say it willbe in stock. HMMMMMMM>

NoSkiLLzX888X said:
I order friday around 4pm and still no order comfirmation from DELL???
thank god i have my X800 PRO :)

lol, that's exactly the reason why i can wait this thing out. :D

Talk with a dude at Dell today... I guess the order I placed online didn't go through for some reason, got it sorted out and now I have my order placed for real.

The guy I talked to was pretty cool, definitely a gamer, said he'd bought the Geforce4 Ti 4600 they day it came out at his local Best Buy and mentioned the Best Buy/Geforce4 fiasco without me needing to mention it... He made me feel pretty confident that the cards will really ship on the 24th. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

im on the phone with 1800 wwwdell now, ill let ya know how it goes

ha, and im rather enjoying the voice automated number systems... its like i have a friend... that only likes to know numbers :D

Update #2 - First they said i ordered RAM, now they said i dont have an order there :/, im being redirected to a sales rep, which she gave me the direct number 18004339511, for anyone interested

Update #3 - Yeah, i had to start over. Anyone who doesnt get there second e-mail, i highly recommend you call the number i listed above, and just tell them your order didnt go through, and you need to order Dell Part #: A0381920 with the web discount bringing it to 416.66, best of luck ladies.... hopefully ill finally see my order number... and a BIG FAT BACKORDER :p

well, I got on phone and lowest rep would go is $425+ shipping/tax, came to like $450-455
still ordered it. Now salivating :p

Just called the number Fumanchuu posted and they said i had no order so they transfered my to a sales rep and i got an order number. I also got free shipping this time :D so it was cheaper than my first order. They gave me the price online $416 and $25 tax.

PureBooYah said:
Just called the number Fumanchuu posted and they said i had no order so they transfered my to a sales rep and i got an order number. I also got free shipping this time :D so it was cheaper than my first order. They gave me the price online $416 and $25 tax.

wahoo, glad i could be helpful :>

PureBooYah said:

Did you originally order by phone or through the website? I ordered through the phone, so I guess I'm okay... :confused:

Back