X570 advise please.

I need an X570 board that is around 150 USD and has wifi. This is to be paired with a 3600x, its going to be an MMO gamer with some streaming, just an all rounder. Hit me with personal experiences and warnings about support etc, I want to pull the trigger soon. Reviews are bullshit, help me [H]!

with current prices it's hard to recommend anything right now but all of the boards at that msrp price range are pretty equal, just go with what ever one has the features/hardware you want.

I appreciate the response. I have seen prices spike on certain boards, well most boards. The x570 chipset offers a certain amount of connections across the board. Are there any I should avoid? Maybe that is the better question. As you know good reviews of motherboards have all but disapeared since Hardocp. It is day one reviews, no deep dives unless there is a known problem. I would go b450 but that is a dead end.
Let me put this a different way, a few months ago what were the best overclocking x570 motherboards that included wifi and were under 200 usd. Tell me what you got them for at that time.

Last edited:
I appreciate the response. I have seen prices spike on certain boards, well most boards. The x570 chipset offers a certain amount of connections across the board. Are there any I should avoid? Maybe that is the better question. As you know good reviews of motherboards have all but disapeared since Hardocp. It is day one reviews, no deep dives unless there is a known problem. I would go b450 but that is a dead end.
Let me put this a different way, a few months ago what were the best overclocking x570 motherboards that included wifi and were under 200 usd. Tell me what you got them for at that time.

personally i'd say wait til b550 launches then take a look at those boards. you'll likely be able to get them at msrp and unless you absolutely need multiple pcie 4.0 m.2 drives b550 will be more than enough for what you're looking for.

Finding any X570 boards in stock right now is going to be your problem. I would say the same as above, go with what you like. However with the current Gigabyte master power on issue I would avoid that brand until they get it fixed.

https://hardforum.com/threads/gigabyte-x570-aorus-master-wont-power-on-solution.1993194/

i wouldn't say you need to avoid the brand entirely.. but the master i'd definitely avoid for more reasons then just that but quite frankly there's no reason to even consider buying it when gigabyte's lower cost boards do everything that board does for every day usage.

personally i'd say wait til b550 launches then take a look at those boards. you'll likely be able to get them at msrp and unless you absolutely need multiple pcie 4.0 m.2 drives b550 will be more than enough for what you're looking for.

i wouldn't say you need to avoid the brand entirely.. but the master i'd definitely avoid for more reasons then just that but quite frankly there's no reason to even consider buying it when gigabyte's lower cost boards do everything that board does for every day usage.
Can I get a link to the boards you are suggesting?

Can I get a link to the boards you are suggesting?

look up actually hardcore overclocking on youtube, go to his video's and scroll down to video's from 9 months ago and watch the video's he does talking about asus, asrock, gigabyte, msi x570 boards.. you'll get a pretty good understanding of how the price ranges cross over each other when it comes to comparable hardware.

but specifically the gigabyte x570 elite is basically the ultra without a m.2 heatsink on the bottom m.2 slot for 50+ dollars less and they even did a wifi version that released later for 10 dollars more just to give you an example.. asus does the same thing with a few of their boards as well that buildzoid talks about i just can't remember which ones they are since they released way to many variants of the same chipset.

Might be best for you just to buy a X570 Pro 4 and add a Wifi card, cheaper and would work well.

Without knowing your country/locale, the tuf gaming wifi is the cheapest x570 with wifi. Finding it in stock might be a problem. I would like wifi but it is not necessary for me. It's just a "nice to have." I think it's easier to pick your board and add it later. Most atx boards have x1 slots and you can buy a relatively cheap wifi card. Some X570 boards have m.2 2230 slots for wifi modules too so there are a few options albeit requiring an extra cost.

Why would anyone go B550 over x570? I don't really understand the point of those boards.

Why would anyone go B550 over x570? I don't really understand the point of those boards.
because not everyone needs all the features on x570.. b550 gives you all the same core features without SLI/CFX support(because who the eff still uses that) and/or maybe 1 or 2 less m.2 slots because even though i've now owned 3 different boards with m.2 support, i still can't be bothered to buy one..

The price. B550 "should" be $80-150. Most of the non-super budget basement X570 boards start at $180 and go from there.

because not everyone needs all the features on x570.. b550 gives you all the same core features without SLI/CFX support(because who the eff still uses that) and/or maybe 1 or 2 less m.2 slots because even though i've now owned 3 different boards with m.2 support, i still can't be bothered to buy one..

So true. I went with a $360 X570 board to get the VRM's I wanted. I do have two M.2 drives but wanted better VRM's as well. I did originally purchase one of the sub $200 X570 boards but at some point thought power was weak because I was not getting the performance everyone else seemed to get out of my 3900X. Numbers in tests were way lower than any others I have seen. To be honest the new board did not solve that issue nor did different BIOS, I think my chip is just slower that all the others. Tweaked it now does perform as it should. Anyway, if I was to do it all again now I would probably go with B550 or I would have got a X570 Tomahawk. My old PC had a B450 Tomahawk in it and it is a great little board and was not expensive at all.

I do like M.2 drives though, not only for their speed but also how easy they are to just install since no wiring is needed and they are, at least on my board, covered with a heatsink to look pretty.

I bought an ASRock Steel Legend used off of these forums (non-WiFi) and I have been very happy with it .. Only thing I don't like about it is that the top video card slot is the top slot so fitting a large air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 is a reeeeeeeeal tight fit. You'd want to make sure your video card has a backplate on it because it touches ..

I run my 3700x stock but run my HyperX 3200mhz @ 3800mhz w/IF @ 1900(1:1).

I'd look around for any x570 board (or even B550) in your price range and throw in a WiFi card if you can't find a decent priced WiFi version of whatever mobo. I don't mind buying used stuff from here .. as it's always worked out for me ..

Newegg .. Amazon.. Ebay .. FS/T forums here ..look around

When you have boards as good as their X570 brothers but costing less...
I'm looking to buy a B550 Extreme myself! Top of the line VRMs, good features and for just 180$.

I don't think MSRP is as concrete a # as it used to be.
1600af was $85, now it's $105.

I have a hard time believing $180 b550 tomahawk means x570 tomahawk is going to hold it's rumored $200 price.

The gap btw b550 and x570 needs to be more than a large pizza from a quality mom and pop shop or I just buy x570.

Hopefully this isn't a foreshadowing of x670 pricing.

I do like the idea of top tier x570 vrms being cut and pasted into b550 boards but the cost overlap btw brands makes an attempt at offerings within 1 brand dead before arrival.

Just bought an Asus 570 P for$150.00 at the egg. I won't mind having to replace it if the 670 comes out and it supposedly has great VRMs according to several reviews.

I need an X570 board that is around 150 USD and has wifi. This is to be paired with a 3600x, its going to be an MMO gamer with some streaming, just an all rounder. Hit me with personal experiences and warnings about support etc, I want to pull the trigger soon. Reviews are bullshit, help me [H]!
I'd suggest straight 3600 and spend that $20-$50+ on the motherboard.

I picked up an X570-Tuf gaming wifi (Asus) for $190 or so ($20 cpu combo & microcenter so effectively $170) and a ryzen 5 3600 & it works great! No complaints. Has all the features I need, esp the x16/x4 slots

Still decent VRMS in many cases.
No Chipset Fan (Lower chipset power consumption too)
Easier to find 2.5Gbit ethernet on the cheaper boards
Lower entry level price ($115??? Cheapest X570 I've seen is $150)
X570 availability.

Back