• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

* X360 * Wii * PS3 *

* X360 * Wii * PS3 *


  • Total voters
    305
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand people with this "fad" thing and the Wii... All you have to do is look at the sales numbers. The console has already sold 5m units and there are at least three blockbuster games lined up for this calendar year.

Add in the fact that the Wii has sold 1.7m in Japan compared to Sony's 700k and MS's 360k and you'll be looking at a lot of Japanese dev support within the next 12 months. Once the ball starts rolling there, it's going to be nearly impossible to stop the little white box from dominating just like its handheld cousin.

It's cheaper to program for, it's cheaper to buy, games are cheaper, and it's massively outselling every one of its competitors. Yeah, that sounds like a "fad" to me.

:rolleyes:
 
Thanks,we all know your opinion by now, its actually just rhetoric, and the PS3 is slowly showing your view on it up. So, im looking forward to the next year and your hateful comments toward it even becoming more and more insignificant. I am just curious why such hate. It boggles me. I mean, its pure hatred you have. If you dont like it, dont bother with it, thats cool.

Ah, the typical rantings of a nitwit with no argument to stand on. "It's just hate!". No, it's not just hate, it's simple, observable fact. How is PS3 "showing up" anything I said about it? It's not. It's lagging in sales, lagging in titles and is the darling of industrywide scorn. There's no getting around these *facts*, even if you want to pretend it's "all just hate".

What are you a Democrap? Repug? Hate seems to be the buzzword of those corrupt fearmongers these days, I suppose it's probably the reason you've clung to it like so many other intellectual gnats.
 
Your ignorance is amazing.

Apparently Jimi Hendrix or even SRV managed to have their amazing musical careers without one notice from you.

Go back to fluffing Billy boy.

Oh look, another round of irrelevance from the Child among us. Heh, cute. In a, you know, Down Syndrome sort of way.
 
What's even funnier is a few months ago he said Blu-Ray had no chance and I said it would win... funny how that one has turned out.

It's also ironic how he says Sony is a horrible company and he gives M$ a metaphorical blow job despite the fact they are producing a shitty product which he admits himself (4th console in a year... that's some good quality control)

I never said Bluray has no chance, I have said from the start that BOTH formats are mediocre, DRM-riddled half-assed MINOR evolutions of DVD, and that remains true to this day. I have ALWAYS maintained that both BD and HD-DVD have an equal chance (and both are pretty much neck-and-neck right now).

You're hardly in a position to call Bluray a *success* at this point. Both it and HD-DVD are a TINY and marginal fraction of the movie market. I fully expect BOTH to have limited lifespans and limited usefulness.

However, you can go on playing PRETEND all you like :)
 
Look, we all know how you feel about Sony and the PS3. It isn't necessary for you to restate it in every thread. If you like the 360 and Wii so much better, how about go and play the two consoles you do own instead of bitching about the one that you don't own or even like? I don't care much for the 360, but I don't go aroud posting up a detailed report on my disdain for the system(or in your case, the company behind it) every chance I get. I just don't post in the 360 threads.

I don't recall that Sony ever stuck a shotgun in anyone's back and forced them to buy any of their products. If you hate this company so much, then don't buy from them. It's as simple as that.

I wasn't bitching, fucktard, and as I've made perfectly clear on more than one occasion I'm no happier with 360 than I am with PS3, primarily due to it's uber-sucky build quality. Unfortunately, PS3 fannyboys like you seem to take offense at anyone even stating *facts* of any kind.

Fanbitches are such a waste of time.
 
I don't understand people with this "fad" thing and the Wii... All you have to do is look at the sales numbers. The console has already sold 5m units and there are at least three blockbuster games lined up for this calendar year.

Add in the fact that the Wii has sold 1.7m in Japan compared to Sony's 700k and MS's 360k and you'll be looking at a lot of Japanese dev support within the next 12 months. Once the ball starts rolling there, it's going to be nearly impossible to stop the little white box from dominating just like its handheld cousin.

It's cheaper to program for, it's cheaper to buy, games are cheaper, and it's massively outselling every one of its competitors. Yeah, that sounds like a "fad" to me.

:rolleyes:

Stop, no more facts please, you're just filled with HATE! :p
 
You guys are gonna get this thread locked so just shut your yaps right now before you ruin it for the rest of us. :mad:
 
You guys are gonna get this thread locked so just shut your yaps right now before you ruin it for the rest of us. :mad:

QFT, Dragon Master Alex and Voodoo Child if you can't say anything without personally attacking each other then don't say anything at all... currently the facts state...

Microsoft is in the lead with about 10 million units sold and still selling well.

PS3 is selling about as steadily as the 360 but unless we see a major sales boost it won't come near the level of the ps3 or wii.

Wii is selling very very fast, most stores get them in and they are gone within 3 hours, if the current rate keeps up it will have outsold the 360 in 3-4 months, even if it slows down the 360 will probably be passed by the holiday season.
 
Either way, hardware limitations are years away on either X360 or PS3 system. The graphics will continually improve. The development teams will have the major impact on how great each system's games look. The hardware discrepancies are nowhere near as severe as the last PS2 vs XBOX match up.

Wii has a different sphere of influence. Personally, I'm completely unimpressed with the system. Other than Zelda, there isn't a single Wii game out that I'm interested in playing. Over the next year, there are only 2-3 titles that catch my fancy. The PS3 was expensive, but feel like I got something substantial for my money. IMO, Wii isn't cheap enough considering the technology.

They are certainly popular with others. Nintendo had a good business plan. Most of the mass market still doesn't own HDTVs so they didn't worry about it. It's got the best name recognition and nostalgia going for it. They seem to know what the "average joe" wants to play. I'm just not into Nintendo like I once was. Similarly, I owned a DS Lite, but got bored of it pretty fast. Even though it's supposedly got the best games, there weren't many I ended up really liking. Old Konami sidescrollers aren't as fun as they used to be. And all of the quirkier titles are kind of neat but not something you can play for more than short periods without getting bored since they're not too deep or involving. :(
 
I wasn't bitching, fucktard, and as I've made perfectly clear on more than one occasion I'm no happier with 360 than I am with PS3, primarily due to it's uber-sucky build quality. Unfortunately, PS3 fannyboys like you seem to take offense at anyone even stating *facts* of any kind.

Fanbitches are such a waste of time.

I do not own a PS3, however, nor have I any intention of doing so. It's a disaster of a console with the king of unethical corporations promoting it, and perhaps more importantly I refuse to contribute to a company who's intentionally attempting to take gaming away from the masses and turn it into a rich, elitist hobby that only the wealthy can afford.

You were saying?

You accuse others of acting like children and having no argument to stand on, and then you reply with shit like "fucktard" and "fanbitch". This is pitiful, even for you.

This thread is about which console each person prefers for now or for the future. It is not entitled Give your personal overview of the company behind the console that you like the least. You then accuse other people of ranting when that's basically all you do around here even when the thread has absolutely nothing to do with it(like this one). You have added nothing productive whatsoever to this thread except for your usual banal rhetoric. There is nothing you've posted here that we haven't already read the 82398475 other times you've defecated it onto the boards. You supposedly hate Sony and the PS3 so much, yet you babble on and on and on about both because you want everyone to acknowledge and validate your inane bullshit. To say that you sound like a broken record would be an understatement.

While we're on the subject of bitches, if you insist on whining like one about how much Sony is fucking your poor little self over, then a) go to livejournal.com and open a new account, b) start a blog, or c) go to Wal-mart and buy some pens and a spiral notebook and stop littering threads with your trite and redundant ramblings. Seriously, if you really care this much that some people whom you will never even speak to outside of the internet actually like/are looking forward to getting the PS3, then you need to get help.
 
I was gonna save for a 360, I probably would have had enough next paycheck, but last week I decided to try to see if I could get a wii. I had enough money and my logic was I'd go out to a few stores and if I couldn't find one(which I wasn't really expecting too) then I would just save the cash and get a 360 when I had enough money. But the 4th or 5th store I went to had got 3 in earlier in the afternoon and they were still there, so I told her to put it on the counter while I grabbed a game(zelda), when I came back with the game like 20 seconds later there was already another guy waiting at the counter to get one of the other 2. I consider myself pretty lucky as there's probably been people looking for days/weeks and I got one within 2 hours of starting to look.

I am satisfied with the purchase, I think whenever I get an hdtv then maybe I'll look again into getting a 360(or ps3, who knows?).

Now I just can't wait for godfather and medal of honor to come out next month. Also rumored that guitar hero is coming to wii next year, I will defiantly be picking that up.
 
As this threads creator, I and many others that are actually getting some good information and views on these consoles, would prefer to have all "bitchfest" replys submitted as private messages.

If you have something to say to someone, shoot them a private message (um, thats what they are there for). We the people didn't click on the link to get into this thread to read over a tampon fest. Please just keep it civil.

... Going back on topic, now that some time has passed, seems like the polls are basically in, and the X360 is on top. (per our poll results and no other internet stats)

Hopefully one day when the x360 seems to be built with a bit more quality I can pick one of these up. Though I have the PS3.. because of lack of games atm, I've been putting in lots of time with Zelda:TP on my GC.. :) Also just bought some component cables for my GC so it will hopefully look better on my big HD TV :)

Honestly though guys/gals, please keep the flamefest somewhere else. Thanks in advance. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top