• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

* X360 * Wii * PS3 *

* X360 * Wii * PS3 *


  • Total voters
    305
Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw a comparision between the 360 and ps3, the 360 had better graphics! is this the only reason people are choosing the wii and 360 instead of the ps3? what's happening??:D :)
decelopers have had more time to get used to the 360 hardware, and all the multi-system games were ported from 360 not developed for PS3, in fact oblivion for PS3 is supposed to look better and have shorter load times.
 
I picked the 360 for the best overall.

It has great games already out, and a TON more on the way. Sure it might not offer the unique gaming experience of the Wii, or the HD movies of the PS3, but it beats them hands down in gaming.

The Wii is great, but it doesn't have any must have exclusives. It will take some time for the Wii to show whether the unique controller has staying power. In the end I think the novelty will wear off and it will become just another controller. It will still take moving gaming experiences to make it fun.
 
decelopers have had more time to get used to the 360 hardware, and all the multi-system games were ported from 360 not developed for PS3, in fact oblivion for PS3 is supposed to look better and have shorter load times.

QFT cmon people you have to take into consideration 360 has a 1+ year head start :eek:
 
I chose the PS3...I have the Wii and the PS3 and from my point of view, the only reason why the PS3 is losing is the lack of games...It won't lack in that during the next couple of years, along with the use of its full potential :D
 
I think it should either be right now OR for the future. Not both:p Since my vote would change
 
At this point in time, the only current gen console I own is the Xbox 360. Bought it because I didn't have the time to be hunting down a regularly priced Wii (unlike some moms and gamers, I can't just go to stores at random times to get the latest shipment ;) ). 360 had games I wanted to try, games that would be coming out that I would (hopefully) like (Blue Dragon, Bioshock), and had a nice feature set with the arcade and such. I had way more than enough to get a PS3, so don't say I bought a 'poor man's PS3' or something like that. :p

Yes, I'm still waiting for the time when I can just stroll into a store and grab the Wii (seriously enough, what other person didn't think they could just go in on launch and snag one?). I think the Wii has a good chance of turning out like the DS. At the beginning of its lifetime, it had very, very few games that weren't just glorified tech demos of the capabilities of the system, and then 8-10 months later, the real meat came. Yeah, I had a DS in the beginning of 2005, and only had Warioware and Mario 64 DS until the summer came, when Advance Wars DS, Meteos, Castlevania DS, etc. started coming out.

I typically get two consoles a generation now, so I think both the 360 and Wii fill my interests.
 
I think the best is the Wii due simply to the fact that EVERYBODY wants one. Not just gamers, but everybody. I can't tell you the number of coworkers I've talked to that had the family over for thanksgiving and christmas, only to have their parents and relatives rush out and try to get one. If for no other reason, in most cases, than a glorified bowling simulator ( those that have seen this effect know what I'm talking about ).

I get a kick out of the Wii, with zelda and the sports games. I'm actually thinking of buying a fully fledged sports game now for it. I hate watching sports and have never purchased a sports game, but for the Wii I might.
 
I choose 360
Games
Live
Rumble
Controller with triggers in the right spot
ForceFeedback steering wheels in racing games
HD-DVD
Games
 
I have all 3 and I think they are all fun in there own rights.

The 360 is the system of choice for me right now since it is established, has a great nav and a large library of games.

The Wii is a great party system

The Playstation 3 has a limited game library like the 360 did when it launched. After playing some of the demos online I saw the raw potential this system has. If developers can harness its power the system will really shine.


I choose 360 for now and PS3 for the future
 
future... future... what future? are they planing in making the ps3 better, reengenering it?
 
future... future... what future? are they planing in making the ps3 better, reengenering it?

I have heard rumors about that. Sony said that they were talking about reengenering it around late 2008.
 
I have heard rumors about that. Sony said that they were talking about reengenering it around late 2008.

that won't piss anybody off.

oh. and 360 by the way, because I haven't had this much fun on a console since 1987 when I first got a NES...but I've never played a ps3 (except for the Motostorm demo) or a Wii.
 
that won't piss anybody off.

Neither does the rumored 360 updates, you know, HDMI, larger HD, chip, quieter drive, etc.

My 360 wasn't really a planned purchased. I enjoyed it but certainly haven't played it since I got my Wii. Though I do enjoy it. I plan to get a PS3 in the future. All have their ups and downs. I just would like to enjoy them all and what they have to offer.
 
future... future... what future? are they planing in making the ps3 better, reengenering it?

What I meant was that the games have more potential for the future with the ps3 since it has hdmi, blu-ray, sixaxis etc. If developers can take advantage and output more games in 1080p, use the motion-sensing capabilities and use higher storage of the blu-ray then it could be better than what the other systems have to offer right now.
 
IMO Wii=360, both > PS3.

Having both a 360 and Wii is the best combo IMO. They serve different purposes and have different types of games. Right now the 360 has the largest selection of games for obvious reasons, has a lot coming out down the road, has the best internet connectivity, etc. And if the rumored 360 version 2 comes out then getting one is a no brainer.

The Wii on the other hand is the perfect party machine. It's interactive, it's fun, AND very easy use. With Guitar Hero 2 and DDR coming later this year, and Mario Party coming out next month, I don't see a better machine for social events. And lets not forgot all the cube party games (smash bros, double dash, mario tennis, etc).

I think the PS3 just priced itself out of competition this round. If the price comes down, I'll get one eventually, but there's no way it's worth $600 right now. Even if Final Fantasy XIII tomorrow, it's hard to plop down $650 + tax for one game. $700 if Metal Gear came out as well.

For now, I'll enjoy my Wii while I wait to see if an update 360 comes out.

EDIT: The PS3 controller is also the worst out of the bunch. The triggers just suck. No rumble either. PS3 also can't trasmit force feedback = no good wheels for racing games. That's just a killer for Gran Turismo.
 
What I meant was that the games have more potential for the future with the ps3 since it has hdmi, blu-ray, sixaxis etc. If developers can take advantage and output more games in 1080p, use the motion-sensing capabilities and use higher storage of the blu-ray then it could be better than what the other systems have to offer right now.

1. 360 supports 1080p
2. Don't care for sixaxis
3. No need for higher storage, its a marketing scheme. And even if then, I'd rather swap a DVD disk then pay $200 more. Buying into the whole Blu-Ray is for gaming marketing ploy is so summer 2006. We all know by now that Sony is using the PS3 as a trojan horse for Blu-Ray.

It always comes down to games, the things you suggest 'could' help.. but that late in the game is a lost cause for 'hope'. Its always the games, Sony will sell PS3s when they're more affordable and have a good game library... nothing else will generate sales for them.

The PS3 is a good console, but we all know now that Blu Ray is unnecessary so most have simply gone the way of the 360 since its the smarter buy right now.
 
Wii is overrated. It's basically going to be like a Gamecube with slightly better graphics.

The Wiimote is too limited for many games and there seems to be about 10% chance of developers getting the controls to not feel clunky or added-on.

I say it's going to be like the Gamecube because it will have the usual good first party games but once again lack quality and depth in the 3rd party games.

I hate Halo, I hate MS business practices, and I would like included HD movie support but I don't want to have to buy the obvious loser of the format war.

PS3 wins for me based on what's going to be coming out and Blu-Ray. I bought the Wii for Zelda and it was more of an impulse buy. Madden has turned out to be the savior of the Wii for me and the only reason I haven't sold it.
 
Wii is overrated. It's basically going to be like a Gamecube with slightly better graphics.

The Wiimote is too limited for many games and there seems to be about 10% chance of developers getting the controls to not feel clunky or added-on.

I say it's going to be like the Gamecube because it will have the usual good first party games but once again lack quality and depth in the 3rd party games.

I hate Halo, I hate MS business practices, and I would like included HD movie support but I don't want to have to buy the obvious loser of the format war.

PS3 wins for me based on what's going to be coming out and Blu-Ray. I bought the Wii for Zelda and it was more of an impulse buy. Madden has turned out to be the savior of the Wii for me and the only reason I haven't sold it.

I bought Zelda for GameCube.... I didnt want to spend 300 bucks + the game to play :)

BTW, its a lot of fun so far :)
 
I have heard rumors about that. Sony said that they were talking about reengenering it around late 2008.

maybe then the ps3 will be the specs originally given to the public. you know dual hdmi, cell handles graphics processing and such. at that point people will have to drop 800 for the new "true hd" where games are actually 1080p like originally advertised. :rolleyes:
 
maybe then the ps3 will be the specs originally given to the public. you know dual hdmi, cell handles graphics processing and such. at that point people will have to drop 800 for the new "true hd" where games are actually 1080p like originally advertised. :rolleyes:

there are games on the ps3 that are in 1080p, like NBA2k7 is one that I own.
 
i am aware that some games are playing in 1080p, but press releases before the console shipped stated all games will be 1080p, and the essentially 7800 gpu doesn't bode well at those resolutions. i'm not saying that the 360 is any better, just saying that what sony had claimed their console to be and what it ended up as aren't too similar in regards to this this rumored "re-engineered ps3"
 
Have the Wii and a 360. Wii is fun no doubt, but the depth of games for the 360, the graphics and XBL make the 360 a real winner.

The cross-over between PCgames and 360 games on the same network will be a big plus as well, once it happens.

I probably will not get a PS3, although we had a PS and a PS2.
 
The cross-over between PCgames and 360 games on the same network will be a big plus as well, once it happens.

That is, until us PC gamers embarrass the 360 gamers in FPSs ;)

*Highlight to read disclaimer to all 360 f@nboys: I'm just kidding around.
 
i am aware that some games are playing in 1080p, but press releases before the console shipped stated all games will be 1080p, and the essentially 7800 gpu doesn't bode well at those resolutions. i'm not saying that the 360 is any better, just saying that what sony had claimed their console to be and what it ended up as aren't too similar in regards to this this rumored "re-engineered ps3"


I'd say over half of the PS3 games run in 1080p. And most of the ones coming out from now on report supporting 1080p
 
I'd say over half of the PS3 games run in 1080p. And most of the ones coming out from now on report supporting 1080p

Apparently you didn't get the memo that we're supposed to declare the PS3 a failure already!
 
i voted 360. It already has a big fan base because it did not have to compete with other nextgens at launch. It has a big game base, great online, and lots of addons. I dont think microsoft should be worried about its future....360 is here to stay.
 
i dont get why people say the ps3 is on a 7800 gpu isent the gpu's for consoles custom talored for the console im pretty sure a 7800 in pc preformance cannot run that 1080p nba game on the ps3....
 
i dont get why people say the ps3 is on a 7800 gpu isent the gpu's for consoles custom talored for the console im pretty sure a 7800 in pc preformance cannot run that 1080p nba game on the ps3....

It's actually closer to a 7600GT than a 7800. RSX, for example, has only a 128bit memory bus, whereas a 7800 has a 256MB bus, which means that RSX has roughly *half* the memory bandwidth of a 7800. Anyone familiar with systems architecture can tell you that bandwidth is one of, if not *the* biggest bottlenecks in a graphics system.

And yes, a 7800 *can* run a game in 1080p.
 
Wii is overrated. It's basically going to be like a Gamecube with slightly better graphics.

The Wiimote is too limited for many games and there seems to be about 10% chance of developers getting the controls to not feel clunky or added-on.

I say it's going to be like the Gamecube because it will have the usual good first party games but once again lack quality and depth in the 3rd party games.

I hate Halo, I hate MS business practices, and I would like included HD movie support but I don't want to have to buy the obvious loser of the format war.

PS3 wins for me based on what's going to be coming out and Blu-Ray. I bought the Wii for Zelda and it was more of an impulse buy. Madden has turned out to be the savior of the Wii for me and the only reason I haven't sold it.

LOL, you hate MS's business practices and yet you're OK with Sony's? Dear god, talk about a double fucking standard, LOL. Apparently bundling software for free is evil, but flat out LYING and INSULTING your own customer base over and over and over again while shoveling unwanted technology down their throats at a $200 premium is A-OK, right?

As for the Wii, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, so it's pointless to even discuss the issue with you. Enjoy your PS3 while far more of us enjoy our Wii's as it continues to outship and outsell PS3 month in and month out. Don't expect that to change anytime soon, either. PS3= Playstation in 3rd Place.
 
It's actually closer to a 7600GT than a 7800. RSX, for example, has only a 128bit memory bus, whereas a 7800 has a 256MB bus, which means that RSX has roughly *half* the memory bandwidth of a 7800. Anyone familiar with systems architecture can tell you that bandwidth is one of, if not *the* biggest bottlenecks in a graphics system.

And yes, a 7800 *can* run a game in 1080p.


maybe so, but remember the ps3 is prioritary device, meaning coders can tighten and make code super efficient, no need to worry about what drivers people have installed, what other hardware may or may not provide conflicts, what OS, what updates the OS has, how many other meaningless crap is running in the background.. etc.. etc..

the overhead is lower so the specs dont necessarily have to be as high
 
It's actually closer to a 7600GT than a 7800. RSX, for example, has only a 128bit memory bus, whereas a 7800 has a 256MB bus, which means that RSX has roughly *half* the memory bandwidth of a 7800. Anyone familiar with systems architecture can tell you that bandwidth is one of, if not *the* biggest bottlenecks in a graphics system.

And yes, a 7800 *can* run a game in 1080p.

I disagree; while it does have half the memory bus, it has twice the pipes that a 7600GT has (I call it a half-width 7900GT). The RSX may be far lower performance than most desktop cards or Xenos for that matter, but I wouldn't brush it off as a 7600GT.
 
maybe so, but remember the ps3 is prioritary device, meaning coders can tighten and make code super efficient, no need to worry about what drivers people have installed, what other hardware may or may not provide conflicts, what OS, what updates the OS has, how many other meaningless crap is running in the background.. etc.. etc..

the overhead is lower so the specs dont necessarily have to be as high

That's true, but the point was simply this: It ain't a 7800, no ifs, ands or buts about it :D

And actually, in the case of PS3 and 360 both the developers DO have to worry about an OS sitting there taking up memory and resources (especially in the PS3's case, it's OS is huge), though to be fair about it at least they can rely on a relatively stable set of features installed.
 
I disagree; while it does have half the memory bus, it has twice the pipes that a 7600GT has (I call it a half-width 7900GT). The RSX may be far lower performance than most desktop cards or Xenos for that matter, but I wouldn't brush it off as a 7600GT.

We don't know that, you're speculating. It's NEVER been announced the number of pixel or vertex pipes available in the RSX. Even if it *does*, though, that doesn't take away the fact that it's bandwidth limited.

And really, even if it is "just a 7600GT", that's hardly what I'd call an insult, the 7600GT is a decent, capable little GPU. It's just not a 78/7900 :p
 
We don't know that, you're speculating. It's NEVER been announced the number of pixel or vertex pipes available in the RSX. Even if it *does*, though, that doesn't take away the fact that it's bandwidth limited.

And really, even if it is "just a 7600GT", that's hardly what I'd call an insult, the 7600GT is a decent, capable little GPU. It's just not a 78/7900 :p

Not as though this is god, but from wikipedia: "Staff at Sony were quoted in Playstation Magazine saying that the "RSX shares a lot of inner workings with NVIDIA 7800 which is based on G70 architecture. Since the G70 is capable of carrying out 136 shader operations per clock cycle, the RSX is expected to feature the same number of parallel pixel and vertex shader pipelines as the G70, which contains 24 pixel and 8 vertex pipelines."

I don't have the issue, so I can't back it up, but from everything I've read including this ultra-comprehensive comparison those are the stats specified.

Oh, and having a 7600GT (lets see...an overclocked version of the 6800 Ultra with a 128-bit bus?) is most definitely an insult when compared to Xenos.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top