x2 3800 + Oc Results =D

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
untitled5gb4xa.jpg

Resized

Nice. now get some watercooling or better in there and hit 2.6-2.8 ;)

And that's a REALLY big picture! :eek: So many benchmarks...

Giving me something to shoot for this weekend when I get my 3800+

=DDDD im so happy, iv been waiting for this day since I figured out how nice HT is on the P4s =) now im gonna throw another GB of ram in there and im set!

YourPaceOrMine said:
what kinda temps are you getting stock and overclocked?

Temps are good, about 35-38 Idle im guessing 45-48 Load
using zalman cpns7000-alcu =)

by the way this is by far not a max OC =p
I havnt bothered trying to push it more =) I think im happy as it is, and also I usually ran 300x4, once i figure out a good ratio ill try to go back to 300fsb and keep my mem at 250

I'm using Geil PC4000 2x512 , its rated for 2.5-4-4-8 @ 500 that's what I'm at, though im probably picking up a set of corsair pc4000 that runs 3-4-4-8 after this weekend

Anyone been able to find an x2 3800 for anywhere near the "$354" retail price? The cheapest i can find is like $390, and pricewatch still reports lowest price as $410. I'm going to be buying one (and a mobo) as soon as they come down to the price their supposed to cost

I got my X2 3800+ yesterday and did not have much time to mess with it but it's running at 2500 with 1.36v. Windows XP loves X2! everything is very fast :D
I'll be trying to push it to 2.7 over the weekend.

travbrad said:
Anyone been able to find an x2 3800 for anywhere near the "$354" retail price? The cheapest i can find is like $390, and pricewatch still reports lowest price as $410. I'm going to be buying one (and a mobo) as soon as they come down to the price their supposed to cost
They are $369 (OEM) at monarch, but not due in stock until 8/15.
For some reason, I can only find it on Combos, barebones & custom systems right now. :confused:
Maybe they don't list parts out of stock? Don't know.
Anyway, I'm trying to use monarch more, now that I've moved to TN, because I have to pay sale tax (9.25%!) with newegg, as they have a location in TN :mad:, and monarch is in Atlanta, so I get (fairly) quick delivery.

curveball692 said:
Got mine from the egg at $405 yesterday, its at $415 today.

It's $388.75 shipped @ newegg with the "amdx2" promo code that was linked above.

Call them and tell them you saw the promo code @ [H]ardforum. See if they'll refund $30.

how i it for daily use?
Ive heard some people dont like the x2's for gaming and what not since they gotta keep setting the affinity for which CPU the game uses...is this true or no?
Id like to know how its been running for this as well as regular windows usage :)

Visable-assassin said:
how i it for daily use?
Ive heard some people dont like the x2's for gaming and what not since they gotta keep setting the affinity for which CPU the game uses...is this true or no?
Id like to know how its been running for this as well as regular windows usage :)
no.... ive been playing games all day on my X2 and i dont have to set affinity... it automatically just puts it on core0

earlier today, HL2 hardlocked on me due to a memory error. on my second monitor, i could carry on a conversation on aim.. the system was still completly stable and fluid, i freaking love this thing.

Visable-assassin said:
how i it for daily use?

There are a few games like EQ2 and GTA:SA that have issues with dual core CPU's. I think installing the AMD driver helps most of those issues though because there is a string that needs to be added to the boot.ini file and you can ither do it manually or install the AMD X2 driver.

Boo! I ordered mine from newegg yesterday night, and I didn't know there was a promo code! My order has already shipped, so I hope there is a way I can get the $30 back.

Lepy said:
Boo! I ordered mine from newegg yesterday night, and I didn't know there was a promo code! My order has already shipped, so I hope there is a way I can get the $30 back.
i called newegg, they said no :(

of course, i ordered mine on the 4th or something

Digital Viper-X- said:
=DDDD im so happy, iv been waiting for this day since I figured out how nice HT is on the P4s =) now im gonna throw another GB of ram in there and im set!

its funny all these AMD users coming out and saying how great the dual core is for multitasking . I guess you were a bunch of hipocrets :)

Amd still is faster though for gamming which is true but before the X2 , AMD plain downright SUCKED for multitasking and thats the truth. Yeah you can look at my SIG all you want :) but i still remember the day when i was running a p4 3.2 at 4.4 gighertz and just raving about multitasking to AMD users , it was an all out war.
Still Intel will always be the king for multitasking and i gurantee AMD will soon have a wake up call in 2006 when intel unleashes something no one thought of.
Just my prediction :)

devourment77 said:
all those benchmarks and still had room to watch bleach! (or is that your background?)

I'm pretty sure it's his background. Bleach kicks ass. :D

lithium726 said:
no.... ive been playing games all day on my X2 and i dont have to set affinity... it automatically just puts it on core0

earlier today, HL2 hardlocked on me due to a memory error. on my second monitor, i could carry on a conversation on aim.. the system was still completly stable and fluid, i freaking love this thing.

a memory error? well if thats the case then Im still gonna go with an x2.

yea AMD's did suck for multi tasking thats why I had my P4 w/HT as a second machine,
I played a few games so far, Lineage 2 is a big CPU / MEM hog thats so far the biggest increase so far, I Can actually ALT+Tab from the game now, same with BF2, actually now the menues and load times seem to be alot better too, havnt played much else that I used to play on my 64 3200+ @ 2.4ghz, its great for all around use, I Guess for alot of people its too expensive to spend the $$ on but for me its like.. my dream come true :| a fast multi tasking cpu!

The Retail version of the X2 comes with a stock HSF right? I've never bought a retail processor before (only OEM), but i'm under the impression they all (retail) come with a HSF

UnrealCpu said:
its funny all these AMD users coming out and saying how great the dual core is for multitasking . I guess you were a bunch of hipocrets :)

Amd still is faster though for gamming which is true but before the X2 , AMD plain downright SUCKED for multitasking and thats the truth. Yeah you can look at my SIG all you want :) but i still remember the day when i was running a p4 3.2 at 4.4 gighertz and just raving about multitasking to AMD users , it was an all out war.
Still Intel will always be the king for multitasking and i gurantee AMD will soon have a wake up call in 2006 when intel unleashes something no one thought of.
Just my prediction :)
Hello Troll, thanks for introducing a post that has nothing to do with the thread. Only one person before you even mentioned Intel in this thread, and it was stated as factual and positive about AMD and Intel. Now go suck balls

Back