x2 3800 + Oc Results =D

Zappa are you running 1t or 2t on your ram?
Update : now at 2.4(10x240) with 4x Geil 512PC 4000 sticks at 2.5-4-4-7 2T >< runnin 480 :/

Digital Viper-X- said:
Update : now at 2.4(10x240) with 4x Geil 512PC 4000 sticks at 2.5-4-4-7 2T >< runnin 480 :/

cant hit 250 with 4 sticks eh? what was the highest stable with 2 sticks (1t)?

YourPaceOrMine said:
cant hit 250 with 4 sticks eh? what was the highest stable with 2 sticks (1t)?

On the Memory I hit 262 3-4-4-8 (2 sticks 1t) (stable)
the fsb i had 325 was the highest I tried (stable)
the cpu highest I tried is 2.6ghz(stable at 1.4v)

How much voltage is too much for an X2-3800+? I am currently pushing 1.475V, load temps are 36C, and it looks like I might be able to go above 2.7Ghz. At least, thats where I am in step 2 of (cf)Eclipse's OC'ing guide. Havent turned the mem speeds back up yet, but wanted to see how high I could go. I am using an XP-90 HSF.

curveball692 said:
How much voltage is too much for an X2-3800+? I am currently pushing 1.475V, load temps are 36C, and it looks like I might be able to go above 2.7Ghz. At least, thats where I am in step 2 of (cf)Eclipse's OC'ing guide. Havent turned the mem speeds back up yet, but wanted to see how high I could go. I am using an XP-90 HSF.

do you happen to know your week?

I assume the week is in the 2nd row, right side portion of the printing? If so, then week 27. full second line reads "CDBHE 0527TPBW".

curveball692 said:
I assume the week is in the 2nd row, right side portion of the printing? If so, then week 27. full second line reads "CDBHE 0527TPBW".

yep, week 27 .... man... i hope i get a week 5, 26, ...maybe 27.. and hit 2.6+

My week 27 is hitting 2.45 stable at 1.437V in the bios, but a clean MBM install says 1.39V. I think MBM might be reading the wrong voltage though, since I can't find the correct voltages.ini.

ok guys, i have a week 27 and im at 2.4ghz with 1.45v, superpi stable but not prime (hasnt crashed yet) and 2.47ghz is stable with 1.55v....

you guys thing im limited by my motherboard? everyone else seems to be going higher... im running a K8N neo2

I got jacked on ram, I have a 4600+ and it runs ok at 2.5 but with the fsp at 211 and x11 multiplier the ram is bottlenecking. I have corsair xms at pc3200, 1.5g

Smidgie said:
I got jacked on ram, I have a 4600+ and it runs ok at 2.5 but with the fsp at 211 and x11 multiplier the ram is bottlenecking. I have corsair xms at pc3200, 1.5g
divider.

Digital Viper-X- said:
What mobos you all running? that could make a diff too ~.~
k8n neo2 :(

i really think its holding me back, im gonna have a buddy of mind send me his spare Ultra-D for a few days to see if i cant get some more out of this chip

Digital Viper-X- said:

I'm running 1t on my ram.

I switched from 4 sticks of Hyperx 2,2,2,5.1t PC3200 when i changed from my 3500+ to the 3800+ X2, to 2x1g. I was affraid I wouldn't be able to overclock much with 4 sticks. 4 sticks were keeping me from going past 208FSB @ 400, 2,3,3,5,1t memory settings. It kept wanting to default to 333. Even then it wasn't stable much, even with more voltage. It didn't like 1t also. Had ot keep it at 2t

I haven't really spent much time other than sticking memory in auto and bumping up the FSB to 240. Only thing I had to do was go from 1.36v default to 1.4 and it's stable.

I double checked and actually only hitting about 40c load with watercooling on high. I only use high when gaming.

Week 27 CPU. Serial number 27 also.

ADA3800AA5BV
CDBHE 0527UPBW

Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe Bios 1011

Runs stable on prime

Digital Viper-X- said:
What mobos you all running? that could make a diff too ~.~

Asus A8N-SLI Premium with 1006 bios. But I wouldnt consider my current 2.7Ghz a real overclock, as the memory was still sitting at half speed, still in the process of getting through Eclipse's OC guide step 2. I fully expect it wont stay that high when I finalize it, but it was running there with 10+ minutes of Prime95.

Zappa said:
I'm running 1t on my ram.

I switched from 4 sticks of Hyperx 2,2,2,5.1t PC3200 when i changed from my 3500+ to the 3800+ X2, to 2x1g. I was affraid I wouldn't be able to overclock much with 4 sticks. 4 sticks were keeping me from going past 208FSB @ 400, 2,3,3,5,1t memory settings. It kept wanting to default to 333. Even then it wasn't stable much, even with more voltage. It didn't like 1t also. Had ot keep it at 2t

I haven't really spent much time other than sticking memory in auto and bumping up the FSB to 240. Only thing I had to do was go from 1.36v default to 1.4 and it's stable.

I double checked and actually only hitting about 40c load with watercooling on high. I only use high when gaming.

Week 27 CPU. Serial number 27 also.

ADA3800AA5BV
CDBHE 0527UPBW

Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe Bios 1011

Runs stable on prime

so you have 2x1GB running 1T?

(cf)Eclipse said:
i hope all of you guys are posting in the revE oc'ing database ;)

I will when I get the whole thing figured out! :p OC'ing a X2 sure isnt the easy task I have to say. Last CPU I heavily OC'd was a P4 1.6A northwood, and that was simple in comparison. SO many new things to learn with AMD architecture (HT link multi, HTT, etc etc). And having a BIOS that doesnt meet up in the same terminology as most others, makes it a bit more confusing to learn.

yup.. it is a bit complex.

but, you have to admit, it makes the end result that much more fun and rewarding ;)

oh most definitely, and if I can keep my x2-3800 at or near the 2.7GHz level, I will be VERY happy. But I still need to keep pushing it in your OC guide step 2. I stopped at 270 on the HTT. the HTT can go up to about 283 on my a8n-sli premium (your step 1). This CPU really seems to like to OC, and it wasnt very hot, only 36C with the Prime95 tests running. All on air too (XP-90). :D

damn, thats pretty nice. what week is yours?

you really need to load up two threads, cuase the heat can make either of the cores go unstable.

Umm, I have the CPU info downstairs right now, I believe it was week 27, just posted it last night. Just paged back 1 page in this topic and confirmed it is week 27.

regarding 2 cores going full bore, what would be an unsafe temperature? I stopped at 50C because I wasnt sure. Once I know this, I will test it further.

I also only have a low speed panaflow 92mm fan on the XP-90, looking at getting a faster fan that can push more air.

my tops at 51C too, but with my zalman at 2.4ghz :/

looks like ill be investing in better cooling, my chip is a week 27 too.

id say as long as youre under 60C youre ok.

ok, I will load it up again and see how high it goes. It did take 3 minutes for it to go from 42-44 to 50. and it seemed to be slowing down, I wouldnt expect it to go about 54-55. we'll see.

And which prime95 stress test to run, the first one? thats what I was using.

curveball692 said:
Umm, I have the CPU info downstairs right now, I believe it was week 27, just posted it last night. Just paged back 1 page in this topic and confirmed it is week 27.

regarding 2 cores going full bore, what would be an unsafe temperature? I stopped at 50C because I wasnt sure. Once I know this, I will test it further.

I also only have a low speed panaflow 92mm fan on the XP-90, looking at getting a faster fan that can push more air.

the panaflo fans were recommended for the xp-90
should i go with a panaflo, a thermaltake or a zalman?

Well it appears that 51C was my ceiling temp. I started running both cores at 10:19pm, at 31C on the CPU (just started computer) and at 10:35 it hit 51C. But it then dropped back to 50C at 10:41pm, where it still sits. Still going strong. Will probably run it an hour total for now, not gonna let it go all night without being able to monitor it. System seems quite stable too, am posting this from the same computer, done some screen caps and have no issues running other programs. :D

Just installed my X2 a few hours ago :) Right now i have it at 2.3ghz @ 1.33Vcore, but it's running pretty hot (53C). I think i may have to get some better cooling before trying any higher (I'm using the stock HSF)

Back