X1900XT in stock!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEAR .. Quake 4 one of the newer games, and Farcry or something along that age of games, see if we can spot the improved shader power in the newer and older games...

Err..has anybody physically got the card though?

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Well I have my tracking number, and it's in transit. Looks like it will be here tomorrow instead of Monday :)

Well that sucks :/ I must have just missed it when I ordered. It said in Stock when I did, but awhile later got the dreaded "Backorder" email. Was going to just cancel it but figuring maybe I should just let it ride seeing as other sites were like $90 more for the card.

AACDIRECT said:
Selling cards before the launch date is a No-No. Some people just do it anyway. :rolleyes:

Hazard said:
Depends on how big the fine is.

I would guess that these companies buy these cards through distributors. I doubt they sign any kind of contract stipulating when they can sell them.

That's sweet I hope you get that card and get to play with it god I wouldn't be able to sleep with new electronics in route :(.

needmorecarnitine said:
I would guess that these companies buy these cards through distributors. I doubt they sign any kind of contract stipulating when they can sell them.

Distributors are not supposed to sell product early either.... but even if they did. Selling early is bad. It shows that places can't be trusted to launch on time. This makes ATI physically hold inverntory until after the NDA is up. That in turn delays mass availablity for a few days.

ATI and Nvidia are very sensitive to launch dates. Places keep this up and hard launches could be a thing of the past. Not because the hardware is not ready but because the stores can't be trusted to not sell early.

Just ordered me an X1900XTX. Should be here Monday. I love my X1800XT CF setup too much to do anything else.

As soon as my evga 7800 GTX 512 Stepup is due, i will be getting one of the X1900 XTX's. #8 in the queue lets see how long this takes............Then i will get the new ATI mobo coming out tooo.......... :)

cooter said:
As soon as my evga 7800 GTX 512 Stepup is due, i will be getting one of the X1900 XTX's. #8 in the queue lets see how long this takes............Then i will get the new ATI mobo coming out tooo.......... :)
Looks like you need to change this line in your sig:
"(Soon to be replaced by a X1800XT)"

AACDIRECT said:
Places keep this up and hard launches could be a thing of the past.

it doesn't really matter. If ATI and Nvidia want to hold inventory till they announce, then so be it. There are thousands of things more important in this world than videocards selling before they are announced

needmorecarnitine said:
it doesn't really matter. If ATI and Nvidia want to hold inventory till they announce, then so be it. There are thousands of things more important in this world than videocards selling before they are announced

QFT!

Like, when are we going to see DirectX 10 cards, and when are we going to see more than 16 pipes like we've been hearing, and when am I going to see the new CF MB revamp...

Oh, wait a tick. Did I miss your point. Did you mean to post on a Video Card section of a (Hardcore) Computer Hardware Forum about the irrelevancy of video cards in relation to world issues? :rolleyes:

BTW, I just called DigitallyUnique to verify my order was in fact being processed like I think it is. I grilled the guy, "are you SURE you have it in stock", "yes, I'm sure", "is there some way you can verify what your computer is showing", etc. He was very nice throughout (prolly still thinks I'm a jerk), but, unless he's lying or his company is fooling him, I'll have my X1900XTX on Monday.

cooter said:

Um...you can't. eVGA doesn't sell ATI based cards and they don't give you money for your step-up.

As to someone above who is gonna sell their GTX 512 for a X1900 XT (not XTX), I have to ask why. In all likelihood, the GTX 512 is still going to be a bit faster. Now, if you're out to make money and don't mind the slight performance drop that might occur, then definitely go for it. I actually just sold my GTX 512 for $800 on eBay. I picked up an eVGA 7800 GT CO so I could get Quake 4. The only reason I sold the beast was because my original plan ended up failing. I was banking on G71 being released around the same time as the X1900 or in early Feb. but it ended up getting pushed back to CeBIT. Since my plan has always been to step-up to the 7900, I'm using the GT to extend my window. I've got until the middle of April, so I should be fine.

Warlord, we already have more than 16 pipe cards. Unless you mean pipes combined with an equal number of ROPs, or are specifically referring to ATI, NVIDIA had 24 with the 7800 GTX and are slated to have 32 with the 7900 GTX. As for DX10 cards, G80 (and I would imagine R6x0) are slated for the summer/fall, just in time for Vista.

WarlordBB said:
Oh, wait a tick. Did I miss your point.

it appears that you did. Its about the irrevelancy of cards selling before they are announced, not the cards themselves.

Hmm, my Distributor is showing it for preorder. When I get into work today I'll check the POS to see if Fry's will have any.

TruthInRuin said:
I expect it fully benchmarked by the time I get home tomorrow.

I second that motion. I get home at 3:00 Pm central time. I expect a review and benchmarks by midnight tonight :D

Well, personally I think anyone that is ordering it is crazy...there are no reviews at all...that would be like buying a game without knowing what it is about... :rolleyes:

EXreaction said:
Well, personally I think anyone that is ordering it is crazy...there are no reviews at all...that would be like buying a game without knowing what it is about... :rolleyes:
I do that all the time :p

Fricken nice seeing these in stock and shipping already....can't wait to see some numbers and get even more frustrated that I still have no cash to drop on these new toys. :(

;)

EXreaction said:

Not exactly. Say if you are going from a 9600 to X1900 then you know its going to be good. But if you are going from the X1800 or a 7800 512 then yes I would agree they are crazy as we really havnt seen the benefits from it.

needmorecarnitine said:
it appears that you did. Its about the irrevelancy of cards selling before they are announced, not the cards themselves.

How is when we can get our hands on the actual hardware we are talking about irrelevant?

When new hardware is announces/released, that (when we can get our hands on it) is discussed as much as the technical aspects of the hardware itself.

In this forum (as in most hardware related forums) _availability_ is at least a Top 5 issue.

EDIT: I really thought you were pulling a tree-hugging World events type response. If I had of thought you were trying to tie it to the irrelevant-ness (word?) of discussions about video cards, I would have responded as above the first time.

Stereophile said:
I'd never pay that much either but 600 on launch isn't bad at all considering the performance. Wait a month or two for prices to drop and get an x1800xl for half that price. It was a huge upgrade coming from a 9800pro. Unless xtx are super binned and OC much better than the xt, which I doubt, that is the real rip off. It's like 25mhz faster core and 50mhz memory or something compared to the xt.
I've been watching prices on older products for some time and I haven't seen any cards drop in price by 1/2. I see an X800XL listed locally at $380 (US dollars) and that will now be 2 generations back. From 5 months ago when it came out I think that is only a drop of about $60.

Also, some stores are charging more right now. When supply and demand settle down the prices will be more realistic.

Ardrid said:
Um...you can't. eVGA doesn't sell ATI based cards and they don't give you money for your step-up.

As to someone above who is gonna sell their GTX 512 for a X1900 XT (not XTX), I have to ask why. In all likelihood, the GTX 512 is still going to be a bit faster. Now, if you're out to make money and don't mind the slight performance drop that might occur, then definitely go for it. I actually just sold my GTX 512 for $800 on eBay. I picked up an eVGA 7800 GT CO so I could get Quake 4. The only reason I sold the beast was because my original plan ended up failing. I was banking on G71 being released around the same time as the X1900 or in early Feb. but it ended up getting pushed back to CeBIT. Since my plan has always been to step-up to the 7900, I'm using the GT to extend my window. I've got until the middle of April, so I should be fine.

Lol, Sorry to make it sound like i am an idiot but the plan was to stepup from my Current 7800 GTX 256 to the 512 which is coming due hopefully very soon. I am then going to buy the X1900XTX before I send off my 7800 GTX256 so that i have little to no downtime. then when i get the 512 card back I am going to put it on ebay!!!!! The way the numbers run I should make a profit off the 7800. I am also planning on eventually getting the new crossfire chipset board when it is released. (hopefully dfi releases one soon). I have always has a preference for ATI and i am more comfortable with there cards and the programs used to tweak and overclock them.

Looks like you need to change this line in your sig:

And, I am updating the sig as we speak.

The only question I have is what are the physical differences between the XT and the XTX. I am going to guess it is simply different memory at the most. If the memory is the same, or if some companies are using the ssame memory on them and all it requires is a bios flash, then I would get the XT.

Cooter

i got it !!

retail box,

time to put it to work

are there any free picture hosting websites?

bobrownik said:
i got it !!

retail box,

time to put it to work

are there any free picture hosting websites?
Benchmarks! NOW! 3DMark 2006 Please!

damnit i dont have the right plug for power,

does anyone know of a store that sells 4pin to 6pin adapter?

i have some basic pictures ,

if you can upload them somewhere please contact me at msn messenger , and ill send them to you

[email protected]

and ,... no , the card didnt come with the adapter , how convenient , huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back