• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X1900XT in stock!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you buy one of the most expensive cards there is and not have a psu that is pci-express ready? :confused:
 
Question to somebody that has it(1 or 2 of you). What driver comes with it on the cd?
 
that detail skipped my mind ,

the last time i plugged in a power cord into a video card it was a 4pin .
 
bobrownik said:
that detail skipped my mind ,

the last time i plugged in a power cord into a video card it was a 4pin .
The last time I plugged one in it was a 3 pin. :eek:
 
bobrownik said:
neither bestbuy or compusa had the adapter ,

so nothing will be going on tonight ,

ill drive around 2morrow and see if i can find one ,

im sure somones gonna post some numbers by then ,

a good power supply @ retail is 90+ bucks , adapter maybe 6 bucks?

i dont think im gonna retire my perfectly good PSU just yet
--------------------------
it sais on the box that power adapter is included ,

i guess im just SOL
You realize that if your power supply doesn't have the proper power connector you most likely do not have enough power? I suggest you buy a 1/2 way newer power supply to run that beast.
 
im gonna go visit some local computer shops 2morrow

anyone from philladelphia pa with an adapter? pm me
 
R1ckCa1n said:
You realize that if your power supply doesn't have the proper power connector you most likely do not have enough power? I suggest you buy a 1/2 way newer power supply to run that beast.

i was thinking about it , i have a truepower 430w

the manual sais the card could have peak power draw of 75w momentarly ,

i figure 2x12-28w/ea ill have 6pin rated at 56watts, i dont know what would be the max wattage 2x12v can provide at peak
 
bobrownik said:
i was thinking about it , i have a truepower 430w

the manual sais the card could have peak power draw of 75w momentarly ,

i figure 2x12-28w/ea ill have 6pin rated at 56watts, i dont know what would be the max wattage 2x12v can provide at peak
75W has to be a BS figure... the x1800XT draws much more than that IIRC and this is a rehash thats supposed to dwarf it... :S
 
As I promised in the new warning sticky in this forum, I am not going to let the trolls win by keeping this thread closed. We have handed out month long vacations to three different members for trolling in this thread...do we have any more volunteers?
 
0mega said:
75W has to be a BS figure... the x1800XT draws much more than that IIRC and this is a rehash thats supposed to dwarf it... :S

let me correct myself ,

what the manual sais is this:
"350w or greater power supply" with
"specialized 12v" which i dont have , and
"ensure the power supply is designed to accommodate a high-end graphics card with peak dissipation above 75 watts"

what i understand from this, the card draws about 75w at peak ,
but i could be wrong
 
nope it means its peak draw available needs to be above 75W that cards is probably in the low to mid 100s for power requirements :)
 
Terra said:
You are forgetting the GF4, GF3, GF2, TNT2 ect...before that Voodoo had the ball...but dropped it.
ATI really come on strong with the 9700, where NiVIDA dropped the ball with the FX-series.
NVIDA then came back with the 6x00 series and SLI, forcing ATI to play their game (Multi GPU).
And looking at the distribution of cards on [H]ardOCP, NVIDIA won the X850 vs.6800 game.
The x1800 and 7800 series is quite par on par, and I don't see that changing with the R580/G71.
NVIDIA has still the lead cardwise in number of cards in the X1800 vs 7800 battle, again looking at [H]ardOPC users.
The really interresting bit wil be the R600 vs the G80.
New API (WFG2.0), unified shaders ect.

Terra - You have got to look at the whole picture...not just 1/3...


I hope that form now on both companies will be "par on par". I want my video card buying decision making to come down to the wire between those 2 companies. Just makes it better for me as a consumer, not having one clear cut winner.
 
WarlordBB said:
I'm going to be putting water on mine so the first thing I'll do, like I did with my X1800XT and my X1800XT CF, is pull the Heatsink off and take some pics.

Thanks a ton WarlordBB, are you getting the XT or XTX. If the only difference between the two is the BIOS then i will pry get the XT but if the XTX has better memory I will be going for that.

Cooter
 
ww
bobrownik said:
i was thinking about it , i have a truepower 430w

the manual sais the card could have peak power draw of 75w momentarly ,

i figure 2x12-28w/ea ill have 6pin rated at 56watts, i dont know what would be the max wattage 2x12v can provide at peak
Errrr.... look on the side of the X1900XT box and you should find a minimum required power supply. I thought it was 450 watt for a single card and 500 for dual.

edit: my X1800XT requires a 450 watt power supply MINIMUM so the X1900XT will be the same or more.
 
Here are some pics of the X1900 and the geforce 7800 GTX 512 (I pulled the 7800 GTX 512 out of my system..so one of the pics is my system with the 512 in it).

Still working on benchmarks. So far my scores are coming out consistently about 800 pts under the GTX so not sure what is up.

http://home.comcast.net/~ulrick28/index.html
 
Ulrick28 said:
Here are some pics of the X1900 and the geforce 7800 GTX 512 (I pulled the 7800 GTX 512 out of my system..so one of the pics is my system with the 512 in it).

Still working on benchmarks. So far my scores are coming out consistently about 800 pts under the GTX so not sure what is up.

http://home.comcast.net/~ulrick28/index.html

Dude, that is one messy comp area - I salute you :D

Is that an MX300 mouse? I've had mine for years now - simple & gets the job done.

Nice hardware, BTW :)
 
Terra said:
You are forgetting the GF4, GF3, GF2, TNT2 ect...before that Voodoo had the ball...but dropped it. ATI really come on strong with the 9700, where NiVIDA dropped the ball with the FX-series.
What does this got to do with what I said? I was saying that since ATI's era of glory (9700) they were on par until SLI..



Terra said:
NVIDA then came back with the 6x00 series and SLI, forcing ATI to play their game (Multi GPU).
And looking at the distribution of cards on [H]ardOCP, NVIDIA won the X850 vs.6800 game.
The x1800 and 7800 series is quite par on par, and I don't see that changing with the R580/G71.
NVIDIA has still the lead cardwise in number of cards in the X1800 vs 7800 battle, again looking at [H]ardOPC users.
The really interresting bit wil be the R600 vs the G80.
New API (WFG2.0), unified shaders ect.

Terra - You have got to look at the whole picture...not just 1/3...
I'm not looking at how many people own what card on a given forum, I'm looking at benchmarks. The whole forum could have FX cards for all I care and I would still say the 9800pro is better. The X850 XT PE and 6800 Ultra were pretty much performing the same, it just depended the game you were playing, hence to me there was no clear winner, even if the whole forum had one card or the other. I was responding to Devistater's post where he said that Nvidia has been on top since the 9700/9800 era. To me Nvidia didn't come on top until SLI and then stayed on top with their 7800 series since ATI had nothing to come back with at the time. That is until the X1xxx series. Again, I'm not interested in how many people in HardOCP have what card, to me only benchmarks decide the winner.
 
ManicOne said:
So three people (?) have the card and still no benchies.......
No joke... not even a FEAR test run or 3dmark05/06 run....... Gaming must be that good on the card ;)
 
Hrm, when even allstarshop.com has them for sale and at MSRP too, why doesn't ATI just allow NDA to expire a little early?
 
gordon151 said:
Hrm, when even allstarshop.com has them for sale and at MSRP too, why doesn't ATI just allow NDA to expire a little early?

ATI has been criticized like crazy for paper launches in the past. Now, they made sure that they'd get a proper hard launch, but in order to make sure that most retailers have them in stock the day of the launch, they have to ship much earlier, and as a result some places got them several days ahead of time.

ATI has given the cards to review sites before the launch as well, but all these places have been anticipating a Tuesday launch, so the reviews aren't ready. It doesn't make sense for ATI to release a new product before there are any reviews of it out.

I guess we should just be happy that this is gonna be a proper hard launch and just be patient until Tuesday for real reviews.

Adrian
 
Can everyone stop bitchin about Nv vs ATI availability & performances in the past. And start talking about the 1900's that people are receiving? I want to see the performance #'s!!
 
I don't understand why everyone is like "Oh ATi is back yeah! they kicked nvidia's ass bla bla".... of course the X1900 will win against the 7800! Well duh! They are not competitors, the 7900 is! Just wait...
 
Raudulfr said:
I don't understand why everyone is like "Oh ATi is back yeah! they kicked nvidia's ass bla bla".... of course the X1900 will win against the 7800! Well duh! They are not competitors, the 7900 is! Just wait...

Wait? as in... hold my breath wait?

I don't think so.
G71 taped out right along r580 and it's delay tells you something about the product.. just not r520 like delays.. but still delays.
 
neliz said:
Wait? as in... hold my breath wait?

I don't think so.
G71 taped out right along r580 and it's delay tells you something about the product.. just not r520 like delays.. but still delays.

I wasn't saying wait and buy the 7900 instead... I was just saying wai for the real "fight" :p
 
This is exciting news. I would love to see HL2 benches. I think when I have signed a job offer I know what I am buying :)
 
Raudulfr said:
I don't understand why everyone is like "Oh ATi is back yeah! they kicked nvidia's ass bla bla".... of course the X1900 will win against the 7800! Well duh! They are not competitors, the 7900 is! Just wait...

Yes they are, as in that is all nvidia has to compete right now. So they are competitors. Just as a x850xt was a competitor when the 7800 came out
 
How does setting up crossfire differ with the x1900 cards???I read that its different. I already picked up a x1900 crossfire edition card that should be here tues. Now do I go and get the x1900xt or the xtx??? I will be overclocking and so far i have not seen a program that can control clocks for two different cards. This is the first time that a product launched and I dont know everyhting there is to know about it.
 
D4hPr0 said:
This is the first time that a product launched and I dont know everyhting there is to know about it.

that's cause it hasn't launched yet :p


oh, and with CrossFire in general cards run asynchronously from each other, so clock speeds can be different and it will maintain each cards clocks
 
Brent_Justice said:
that's cause it hasn't launched yet :p


Well according to ATI it has not launched.....anyways what are you doing in the forums???
Get back to work on that review. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top