• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X1900XT in stock!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DougLite said:
The 512MB GTX trickled into the channel before its official launch...then disappeared. Not saying that this will be repeated here, but getting cards in stock before launch has happened before. Certainly encouraging signs though.
You are kidding right? The 512MB GTX holds the weakest "hard launch" in history.
 
Ordered my 1900XTX this morning from Computers4sure. I just off the phone with their call center and it is already in the shipping department.

I have been coming to these boards for many years now and for the first time I got so fet up with so much misinformation I decided to register.

Let's get one thing straight, the only reason why Nvidia was on the top of the heap in 2005 was because ATI ran into issue going to the 90 nanometer process (which Nvidia still has to do). If it was not for that minor glitch with voltage anomolies the X1800XT would have bitched slapped the 7800GTX 256...and is now starting to get in the face of the 512MB 7800GTX.

Nvidia..to their credit had a card with no issues (mainly because they did not make the leap to 90 nanometers) and the LUXURY of being able to stockpile enough cards (because ATI ran into delays) to have unprescedented "hard launch".

So when X1800XT finally comes out 7 months late, Nvidia releases a cherry picked core card running fast, extremely low volume and expensive ram so that .com review sites can proclaim their right to top. The card is no where to be found and if you can find it it's a solid grand. Moreover, with only two driver updates since its release the X1800XT is now going head to head against the 512GTX in higher resolutions.

So where are we now, well ATI is going to be releasing one monster of a card, their new Crossfire chipset (which in my opinion is doing UNBELIEVABLY well considering it's it first real outing) all with massive availibility.

ATI:
The most advanced and efficient processor.
Best quality Graphics with no shimmer
Competitve pricing
Availibility

Nvidia has always been a good competitor but let me clue you in on something. Nvidia has got a mountain to climb like never before. Not only do they have to build a card to beat the X1900XTX they need to do it at 90 nanometers...with no problems and no delays.

I have a gut feeling its going to be like the 9700pro days all over again.
 
Devistater said:
Kinda pointless to do a quick 3dmark06 run on the new card without doing a similar run in same machine on another card to compare it with. And if I had the new ATI card, I wouldn't wait around running benches on my old card, I'd throw that new baby in and go GAME! :)

Plus, say your previous card was a geforce 6, you'd have people complaining that you didn't run comparisons on a 7800. Or if you had a 7800, you'd have people complaining that you didn't compare it with a 512 meg version.

I dont think we will see many meaningful benches until we get the official reviews.

He already posted that he owns (owned) a 7800GTX 512 and has already benched it with his current setup so it should be an accurate comparison. The 3dmark scores will just give us a rough estimate...wait for the [H]ard review to go more indepth. This should be a good appetizer though :)
 
So far the wait to go to 90nm has proved a good choice on nvidia's part. And its been ATI that hasn't been availible at launch (or often for a month or two after) for most/all the previous generation cards. It remains to be seen what this ATI card will be in terms of availibility, although it being availible early is a hopeful sign.
 
Devistater said:
So far the wait to go to 90nm has proved a good choice on nvidia's part.

Not if the X1800XT was to be released on time. To put it simply Nvidia lucked out.

To summarize 2005 for video cards is easy, it was'nt about Nvidia's rise to the top, but Ati' s running into problems.
 
Homeslice said:
I highly doubt NV is worried. The 7900 card looks sick. Sick enough that when march comes.....i will be selling my x1900xtx.

Then ATI release the R590 with 80nm and GDDR4 and that kicks the G71's nads. ;)

US
 
Unknown Soldier said:
Then ATI release the R590 with 80nm and GDDR4 and that kicks the G71's nads. ;)

US

Already!?!?

The X1900 lineup isn't even officially released and your talking next-gen.... :rolleyes:
 
cooter said:
But maybe someone is putting water on it or some other form of aftermarket cooling. if only evga did my stepup sooner so i could sell my nvidia card i would have all sorts of pics of mine ripped apart for you :( .

Cooter

I'm going to be putting water on mine so the first thing I'll do, like I did with my X1800XT and my X1800XT CF, is pull the Heatsink off and take some pics.
 
z
 
well both companies as of right now have a product and product lines that compete very well with each other. nvidia has obviously the better advantage due to a more mature dual video card solution than ati (sli v.s. xfire).

now setting aside xfire and sli, i would say both companies have competitive products at nearly the same prices.

now if you guys really wanna get down to it, i guess you can say the "winner" is who made more money in recent times (from the launch of the x800/6800 series to this day)
 
And that's what it's really all about. nVidia will do whatever they need to do please stockholders, and this is the same for ATi. Neither company is on your side.

Oh, and there aren't any more high-end R5xx products on the roadmap, so the unveiling of G71 will be the settling factor of high-end dominance. I wasn't so sure before, but I think R580 could be very competitive with G71. Time will tell.
 
why make 100 posts about what card is gonna perform better ?,

if you like quality cards with good iq you will pick ATI
if you like to get cheated and have to wait for a new driver for every game that you want to play so nvidia can reoptimise their optimisations then you will pick .....NVIDIA ,

thats all there is to it
 
bobrownik said:
why make 100 posts about what card is gonna perform better ?,

if you like quality cards with good iq you will pick ATI
if you like to get cheated and have to wait for a new driver for every game that you want to play so nvidia can reoptimise their optimisations then you will pick .....NVIDIA ,

thats all there is to it


Exactly. My x1800xtx is on its way......it should make some difference in gaming on my 30" dell. When the 7900 comes out.....i will be all over that since it will further help my framrates with my screen.

Im glad these 2 are it.....i win in the end.
 
bobrownik said:
why make 100 posts about what card is gonna perform better ?,

if you like quality cards with good iq you will pick ATI
if you like to get cheated and have to wait for a new driver for every game that you want to play so nvidia can reoptimise their optimisations then you will pick .....NVIDIA ,

thats all there is to it


wow....thats all i got to say.


wow.
 
bobrownik said:
why make 100 posts about what card is gonna perform better ?,

if you like quality cards with good iq you will pick ATI
if you like to get cheated and have to wait for a new driver for every game that you want to play so nvidia can reoptimise their optimisations then you will pick .....NVIDIA ,

thats all there is to it
I disagree. Last time I bought an ATI card it certainly wasn't quality. The drivers sucked, always crashing my system.

As for cheating, did you read the official futuremark report when the whole cheating thing was news? Apparently not, because they found that BOTH ati and nvidia cheated.
 
i still dont have the power adapter ,

ill go check at bestbuy and compusa but i doubt thay will have it,
-----------------------------------
i wasnt reffering to the futuremark benchmark ,
 
bobrownik said:
i still dont have the power adapter ,

ill go check at bestbuy and compusa but i doubt thay will have it
They wont. But they probably would have a new PSU that has it built in.
 
Homeslice said:
Exactly. My x1800xtx is on its way......it should make some difference in gaming on my 30" dell. When the 7900 comes out.....i will be all over that since it will further help my framrates with my screen.

Im glad these 2 are it.....i win in the end.

No you loose your money. What game needs either?
 
Okay, I'm at work now (Fry's Electronics) and I got the info on the X1900XTX.

PLU: 4729319
In store price: $649.99
In store price + Employee discount: $604.44

Our system doesn't say when they'll be in, but no Fry's store currently has any in stock, and likely won't show any instock for another week.
 
chrisf6969 said:
How about pics (screenshots) of some benchmarks ?!

LOL give the man some time. He probably being amazed by the awesome gaming experience he is having and doesnt want to enlighten us on how awesome this card is :D

Hey Brent, is there any chance you can tell us if you have a X1900 in your testing area right now, and plan on having a review next Tuesday when it is announced and released by ATI?
 
Leon2ky said:
Okay, I'm at work now (Fry's Electronics) and I got the info on the X1900XTX.

PLU: 4729319
In store price: $649.99
In store price + Employee discount: $604.44

Our system doesn't say when they'll be in, but no Fry's store currently has any in stock, and likely won't show any instock for another week.
As much as Frys sucks major ass, they did have the X1800XL pretty damn fast.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
LOL give the man some time. He probably being amazed by the awesome gaming experience he is having and doesnt want to enlighten us on how awesome this card is :D

Hey Brent, is there any chance you can tell us if you have a X1900 in your testing area right now, and plan on having a review next Tuesday when it is announced and released by ATI?
He already implied some stuff about it. Read back :)
 
tomv said:
I've been watching prices on older products for some time and I haven't seen any cards drop in price by 1/2. I see an X800XL listed locally at $380 (US dollars) and that will now be 2 generations back. From 5 months ago when it came out I think that is only a drop of about $60.

Also, some stores are charging more right now. When supply and demand settle down the prices will be more realistic.


This was posted so long ago, I doubt you'll see it but if you read carefully I was not implying the x1800xl would drop in half. Merely that you should be able to get one for half the price of the x1900xt (600$).

The guy I was replying to was complaining that when a new card costs 600$ he'll never be able to afford upgrading his old 9700pro. I'm letting him know, an x1800xl for 300$ is still a great upgrade from a 9700pro and he doesn't need to feel bad because he can't afford the top of the line model. :)

edit: Also it's only half a generation back, 2 generations back would be the refresh of the first R300 cards. Also you can get one for 320$ at tigerdirect $380 is what I paid when they launched. Also the x1800xl came out 3 months ago, not 5 months ago. :rolleyes:
 
Arg, I wanted to stick around this thread for awhile for some early results out of bobrownik's new toy, but with this kind of presumptuous headbashing going on between some people here, I don't know how much longer I'll be waiting. :rolleyes:
 
bobrownik said:
why make 100 posts about what card is gonna perform better ?,

if you like quality cards with good iq you will pick ATI
if you like to get cheated and have to wait for a new driver for every game that you want to play so nvidia can reoptimise their optimisations then you will pick .....NVIDIA ,

thats all there is to it


Wow you have no idea what you're talking about do you?
 
Well, i was gonna stick around a little while longer to see what bobrownik can do with his new toy, but with this kind of presumptuous headbashing going on between some people I'm not sure how much longer I can stand it. [H] went through a REALLY bad stint of ATI/Nvidia !!!!!!ism awhile back, and it looks like the current state of of both companies product cycles are gonna be JUST enough to spark up something once again.
 
i agree with cornelius... theres already been some nasty remarks 0_0

this thread she be preemptively locked...
 
0mega said:
i agree with cornelius... theres already been some nasty remarks 0_0

this thread she be preemptively locked...

yeah, no kidding....just in case it hasn't been done....I'm gonna shoot a coulpe of the mods a PM about this, just to prevent any more escalations.
 
I'm pretty much ignoring the stupid !!!!!!s from both sides. I just want some hard numbers. Give me some 3dmarks, give me some F.E.A.R, give me some Quake 4 benchmarks. Just give me something!
 
Pixelated Taco said:
I'm pretty much ignoring the stupid !!!!!!s from both sides. I just want some hard numbers. Give me some 3dmarks, give me some F.E.A.R, give me some Quake 4 benchmarks. Just give me something!

Well then hopefully a new thread is started when they HAVE some numbers...'cus all five mods of the ATI video card forum have been alerted.
 
Devistater said:
I could say the same about your posts :)

I think both of you have part of the story. But the fact remains that nvidia has been beating up on ATI ever since ATI's last big killer card, the 9700/9800 etc.
Not really, the X850 XT PE and 6800 Ultra were pretty much on par, it all depended on the game you tested them in. Nvidia really took the lead with SLI and then their 7800 series and not before.
 
neither bestbuy or compusa had the adapter ,

so nothing will be going on tonight ,

ill drive around 2morrow and see if i can find one ,

im sure somones gonna post some numbers by then ,

a good power supply @ retail is 90+ bucks , adapter maybe 6 bucks?

i dont think im gonna retire my perfectly good PSU just yet
--------------------------
it sais on the box that power adapter is included ,

i guess im just SOL
 
MakubexGB said:
Not really, the X850 XT PE and 6800 Ultra were pretty much on par, it all depended on the game you tested them in. Nvidia really took the lead with SLI and then their 7800 series and not before.

You are forgetting the GF4, GF3, GF2, TNT2 ect...before that Voodoo had the ball...but dropped it.
ATI really come on strong with the 9700, where NiVIDA dropped the ball with the FX-series.
NVIDA then came back with the 6x00 series and SLI, forcing ATI to play their game (Multi GPU).
And looking at the distribution of cards on [H]ardOCP, NVIDIA won the X850 vs.6800 game.
The x1800 and 7800 series is quite par on par, and I don't see that changing with the R580/G71.
NVIDIA has still the lead cardwise in number of cards in the X1800 vs 7800 battle, again looking at [H]ardOPC users.
The really interresting bit wil be the R600 vs the G80.
New API (WFG2.0), unified shaders ect.

Terra - You have got to look at the whole picture...not just 1/3...
 
Brent_Justice said:
Yeah, how about one, wanna come over and help me get it done, heh, let's just say i'll be pulling a couple all nighters here tonight and tomorrow

Read the whole thread. Until some benches get posted, this is the big :eek: news for me.
I just hope you're using the cat 6.2 drivers.....and comparing to the 430 clocked 256mb GTX.......and running at > 2048X1536 res, with max AA and AF.....





(j/k) LOL :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top