X: Rebirth official thread.

I could not get into X3 TC at all and hoped this would change that. Looks like it is a bit buggy. No issue as I did not plan on seriously looking into it until it was $5-10 anyways. Hopefully by then the game will be more solid.

I for one am very much enjoying the game. The level of detail and visuals are just stunning, at least to me.

The menu's are completely fucked. Overall I like what they tried to do with the interface. You actually feel like you are interacting with your ship for a lot of it. But I'll be damned if any of it makes any sense to me. There is no straightforward way to look at your ships/squad/assign orders. The trading interface is also rubbish. I know the developers are not native english speaking, but when I play Egosoft games I swear I feel like they are designed by martians. It is just so needlessly complicated.

It wouldn't take too much work to fix the interface. Hopefully they do it (doubt it, since they've been using it for what, seven years already?), or maybe modders can fix it.

So far it isn't a deal breaker for me, but once I start getting more ships I still don't know how I'll manage them at all.

I was interested in this until I heard user reviews for it, I think I'll wait a while and see how it pans out before I put any money on the table.

The game is insane. HUGE... I am not sure what to even do. I am enjoying greatly.

i want the old X3 UI back so bad, ordering ships is frustrating as fuck.

and the stupid energy cell cap ship follows me like a lost puppy regardless if hes in my squad or not, how the hell do i get him to leave me alone lol.

it is really annoying trying to do combat missions and you see him limp into the area and get blasted.

Big fan even with the crap UI and interface. gonna wait til early next year though I'm sure its a fun game.

Yeah, looking at footage of this it seems like they really blew it with the interface again. Microscopic text on "radial" menus with really very little context as to what does what.

I really want these guys to succeed, but they keep doing weird shit like this.

Why wasn't there an Alpha/Beta test for this game? It seems like they kept the majority of the gameplay under wraps until release. I'm not quite confident in a dev team that has made this look like a quick cash grab more than a legitimate release. Which is a shame because I was really looking for something like this

Why wasn't there an Alpha/Beta test for this game? It seems like they kept the majority of the gameplay under wraps until release. I'm not quite confident in a dev team that has made this look like a quick cash grab more than a legitimate release. Which is a shame because I was really looking for something like this

Apparently, this is the beta test.

At this moment the game is terrible. Wait until they fix it or it drops to like $5.

i can honestly say if they released a demo or alpha, their sales would have been 1/10th or worst than what they have gotten, smart move on their part. bad move on design choices.

the CEO blatently said they didnt optimize for high end hardware at all....
AT ALL wtf were they thinking.

the people with the highest end hardware trend to be the most vocal and yet completely ignore them when you optimize the game? Serious loss of faith in egosoft i have.

you cant tell me they dont have 1 machine in the office with an 8core amd cpu to test or a 7970 or better amd gpu, and optimize it around that? and scale things back for lower end machines. it just pisses me off when devs are lazy as hell and they were lazy for 7 years.

imo i honestly think they were just milking publisher Deepsilver for a paycheck all this time hoping they would have something to show at the end.

i really like how the space aspect looks, but the horrible UI and lack of commands and total removal of all the aspects that made an X game fun is quite shocking, flying around in the albion isnt all that bad but the fact we cant properly control a fleet is what makes having just the albion to fly in a real super suck.

i cant get my god damn energy cell transporter to leave me alone so i can do combat missions, i tried removing from squad, still follow, i tried the take me too command but there is no where for me to attach it too yet. maybe once i manage to get a station i can direct him to that or something

i can honestly say if they released a demo or alpha, their sales would have been 1/10th or worst than what they have gotten, smart move on their part. bad move on design choices.

the CEO blatently said they didnt optimize for high end hardware at all....
AT ALL wtf were they thinking.

the people with the highest end hardware trend to be the most vocal and yet completely ignore them when you optimize the game? Serious loss of faith in egosoft i have.

you cant tell me they dont have 1 machine in the office with an 8core amd cpu to test or a 7970 or better amd gpu, and optimize it around that? and scale things back for lower end machines. it just pisses me off when devs are lazy as hell and they were lazy for 7 years.

imo i honestly think they were just milking publisher Deepsilver for a paycheck all this time hoping they would have something to show at the end.

i really like how the space aspect looks, but the horrible UI and lack of commands and total removal of all the aspects that made an X game fun is quite shocking, flying around in the albion isnt all that bad but the fact we cant properly control a fleet is what makes having just the albion to fly in a real super suck.

i cant get my god damn energy cell transporter to leave me alone so i can do combat missions, i tried removing from squad, still follow, i tried the take me too command but there is no where for me to attach it too yet. maybe once i manage to get a station i can direct him to that or something

Ugh I'm such a sad panda today

well thqat energy transporter isnt a problem any more, once you get a little ways in the story you get -20 faction standing to one of the factions and then the energy transporter just dies while following you.. so i guess just continue on with the story and hope you dont need it any more.

really shitty game design

it just sucks that by the time some overhuals or even Egosoft get off their ass to fix the problem it will be too late Star Citizen will be out and then no one will really care about rebirth any more.

i had such high hopes for this game based on the previous ones.... those hopes turned into big piles of shit.

I also had high hopes for this title and I tried to be positive about it in the beginning but this is an absolute steaming pile of shit. It is unplayable.

It is not a steaming pile of shit, but it is really buggy. I have been playing it for 2 days and still not out of the tutorial missions.
The concept is amazing, graphics are great, the game is massive sandbox, but yes it needs time and work.

Wow, I'm sad.
I'll hold off getting this unless they fix it.

So a few more hours into the tutorial and the bugs are starting to show. Wall clipping, getting stuck etc. Also the station thing should have been cut out, just a waste of time. Walking in your ship is cool, but it is tiny and nothing of interest. The space exploration is pretty sweet. I want to man up and find my way to the edge of populated space like in EVE.

I also have to say it is a lag fest at times. My GTX580 3GB is a bit long in the tooth, but for some reason this game makes it hurt. I run everything else all maxed (BF3, Skyrim etc) on my tiny monitor (1280x1024... small space lol), but this game just drags at times. It seems to do the worst in some areas of the stations like the trade area, and is smooth as shit in the massive space expanses with tons of shit flying around. I wish I could skip all of the station crap.

Make sure you hit up egosoft forums for mods. There are already a bunch to fix some of the most annoying aspects - one of the besf allows you to communicate with people on stations without docking.

So Roy, VP Global Channel Sales, over at AMD didnt ignore my email, and he forward it to some people in AMD that might be able look into the X rebirth performance issues on AMD hardware.

So Roy, VP Global Channel Sales, over at AMD didnt ignore my email, and he forward it to some people in AMD that might be able look into the X rebirth performance issues on AMD hardware.

Well that's awesome to hear, good work man :)

It seems people are still having issues with polish and bugs. I'll be waiting for Afterbirth.

I'll be skipping this one. I love space combat games but tried X3 and I hated almost everything about it.

Dan, it's nothing like X3. Many X Fans are actually upset because it's not X4 but a parallel branched game. Really, it has bugs but i immensely enjoy this game already. Used the mod to not to have to enter stations and it's really great!

i dont mind entering the stations, even if they are lifeless and generic/repeats.

but what i do mind is the lack of proper fleet controls.. so infuriating.

I'll be skipping this one. I love space combat games but tried X3 and I hated almost everything about it.

I tried getting into X3...it was hard for me because the UI seemed so un-intuitive, but the concept of the game was very appealing.

However, THIS game...nope. Seems like they stripped away everything that made the X series good.

the UI is what i liked about X3, it felt like a PC ui with lots of options and and commands you could dig through there were some things that were very annoying that was part ui and part gameplay issues tho like commanding large fleets and equipping groups of fighters ect that always felt like a hassle but atleast it had those options, rebirth is just... just... wow what were they thinking...

the UI is what i liked about X3, it felt like a PC ui with lots of options and and commands you could dig through there were some things that were very annoying that was part ui and part gameplay issues tho like commanding large fleets and equipping groups of fighters ect that always felt like a hassle but atleast it had those options, rebirth is just... just... wow what were they thinking...

In what way? Too complex to figure out, or too simplified to be useful?

In what way? Too complex to figure out, or too simplified to be useful?

in regards to rebirth?

its way too simple to be useful.

you have no real control over your ships so few commands that its rather silly.

Maybe what they should have done was kept the interface complex and have a skippable tutorial that puts your character through a bootcamp/starfleet-like series of trainings or something.

what they should of done is have a toggle, you can play with current interface if you want to use a controller, and kept the old one if you wanted to play a more complex game

I doubt in any way this game is optimized for *any* hardware.

Core i5 dual + 660Ti = 20fps at high settings., 25 fps at low settings.

Amd 6800k APU + iGPU = 10 fps high, 20 low (real low. 720p, no shadows or ssao or shaders, low draw distances.)

Intel 4000 GPU = Don't even try. There is no playable setting for this game. And this is a GPU that can run 360 ports swimmingly at 360 level settings.

I doubt in any way this game is optimized for *any* hardware.

Core i5 dual + 660Ti = 20fps at high settings., 25 fps at low settings.

Amd 6800k APU + iGPU = 10 fps high, 20 low (real low. 720p, no shadows or ssao or shaders, low draw distances.)

Intel 4000 GPU = Don't even try. There is no playable setting for this game. And this is a GPU that can run 360 ports swimmingly at 360 level settings.

Yeah I have to agree. The poor performance makes playing it a chore after a while.

Back