X-Ray Vision Made Easy

This is actually nothing new.. ask any 2nd year film or visual effects student. We do it all the time.

Ok, so when I am coming up to a dangerous blind corner. I pull over. Get out. Install two cameras. Then have a computer merge the two live streams at once. Should work great!

Would work for brits though, no need for them to install cameras, they already have them everywhere so the gov can watch them wank.

What I need is a pair of those James Bond sunglasses Pierce Brosman wore so I can see all the ladies undergarments :D I know I'm terrible

How the hell do you get the cameras to all sync up properly, especially if this is "meant for" drivers to use? Sounds like a get-rich-quick idea someone didn't think through for more than 2 seconds.

Well in 25 years there are going to cameras on every street corner according to IBM. So I am sure we will see this used in cars with HUDs on the windshields.

Didn't one of the Video Card MFR's come up with this a long time ago as a cheat in certain games?

Glad to see that I am not going mad. When I first saw the building I thought: That's CMU. And good to know, it is :)

Neat idea, but I am not sure how it is supposed to help drivers unless we have a "boom camera" hanging off the front of the car.

sweet.

that's cool. and if you are Jason Bourne and driving the piss out of some shittly little car, at least those crazy high speed intersection jumps might be more doable if you can see whats coming around a corner better.

After seeing the video, so you have to have two parts the first camera, and the reference camera. Weak....

Could be a good alternative to that big rig screen from a couple of weeks ago. If every car on the road had a camera, you could theoretically have a HUD where every car was semi-transparent.

Back