• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X-Fi Titanium or X-Fi Titanium pro?

mimoawi

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 16, 2007
Messages
88
I’m going to buy a new sound card, and my question is what the difference between X-Fi Titanium and X-Fi Titanium pro? Is the X-Fi Titanium pro much better to justify 65€ price difference.
thanks
 
the x-ram is gimmick so I would save my cash and get the cheaper titanium version, and if your case has HD front audio inputs, you can plug that to the card to use the front heaphone and mic jacks.
 
If you enjoy listening too audio that snap crackles and pops all the time then its an awesome buy, otherwise like myself stick with onboard audio that works or try a Xonar 2.

3 years and 8 months later and Creative still has not fixed the issue.
 
If you enjoy listening too audio that snap crackles and pops all the time then its an awesome buy, otherwise like myself stick with onboard audio that works or try a Xonar 2.

3 years and 8 months later and Creative still has not fixed the issue.

You are talking about NVIDIA's piss port PCI bus problems...how can that be creative problem? :confused:
 
purchased a reburb xfi titanium with live drive, was very skeptical about this purchase. But the rest of the cool [H] kids were jumping on the wagon.

installed card, no issues so far. vista 64. card runs flawless.

not using the live drive.(looking to sell actually)
 
purchased a reburb xfi titanium with live drive, was very skeptical about this purchase. But the rest of the cool [H] kids were jumping on the wagon.

installed card, no issues so far. vista 64. card runs flawless.

not using the live drive.(looking to sell actually)

I have never had any problems with any Cretiave sound card either, hell even Windows 7 plays along fine.
There is a trend to be "anti-creative", mostly based on ignorance or flat out lies, like the fake email Danile_K posted and got people up in a frenzy:
http://forums.creative.com/creative...iew=by_date_ascending&message.id=33034#M33034

(And BTW, Daniel_K's drivers where in violation with Dolby(no license paid) so no wonder Creative didn't like them).

Fun part will be if the haters got their way...and Creative died...hello the age off dull sounding gaming.
 
I have never had any problems with any Cretiave sound card either, hell even Windows 7 plays along fine.
There is a trend to be "anti-creative", mostly based on ignorance or flat out lies, like the fake email Danile_K posted and got people up in a frenzy:
http://forums.creative.com/creative...iew=by_date_ascending&message.id=33034#M33034

(And BTW, Daniel_K's drivers where in violation with Dolby(no license paid) so no wonder Creative didn't like them).

Fun part will be if the haters got their way...and Creative died...hello the age off dull sounding gaming.

Hmm... We will see about that last statement. I am getting my first Creative card since 5 years ago or so (Soundblaster, I think?). I also have Bioshock waiting to be played which has quite an immersive atmosphere. Hopefully, the atmosphere will increase in immersion exponentially. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it to buy a Creative card, especially without Dolby (if that Daniel_K thread is correct and if you watch movies on your PC which I do). The only reason I am buying right now is because it has SOME perks (extra audio effects while gaming) and, more importantly, 2 digital outs from a PCI soundcard. I am also getting the Platinum Fatality for cheap.

Otherwise, if someone could point out one, I would prefer a PCI soundcard with Dolby via digital out with 2 digital outs. And I would stay away from Creative for the most part since they charge terrible amounts for soundcards that aren't as good for the money as other soundcards.
 
Hmm... We will see about that last statement. I am getting my first Creative card since 5 years ago or so (Soundblaster, I think?). I also have Bioshock waiting to be played which has quite an immersive atmosphere. Hopefully, the atmosphere will increase in immersion exponentially. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it to buy a Creative card, especially without Dolby (if that Daniel_K thread is correct and if you watch movies on your PC which I do). The only reason I am buying right now is because it has SOME perks (extra audio effects while gaming) and, more importantly, 2 digital outs from a PCI soundcard. I am also getting the Platinum Fatality for cheap.

I don't like Dolby nor would I watch a DVD with dolby on my PC...it's a gaming rig, not a dedicated home theater

Otherwise, if someone could point out one, I would prefer a PCI soundcard with Dolby via digital out with 2 digital outs. And I would stay away from Creative for the most part since they charge terrible amounts for soundcards that aren't as good for the money as other soundcards.

Dolby does nothing for gaming...and no other APU than the X-Fi delivers full currency in games, hence why i have a X-Fi...
 
You're saying Creative is pretty much the ultimate in gaming audio. As I said, I will be looking for this from my coming Platinum Fatality via digital out to my GDA-700. I will give the benefit of doubt.

However, IF the Platinum Fatality does not add enough of extra gaming experience, then I would probably stick with other brand soundcards with 2 digital outs. Although you might only use your computer for gaming, I am fairly sure the majority of PC users use their PCs for more than gaming.

For me, I am using my computer for everything, including movies and TV. Beats having to pay cable or buy a larger, dedicated TV or some such nonsense (for a college student or recent graduate, especially in this economy).
 
You're saying Creative is pretty much the ultimate in gaming audio. As I said, I will be looking for this from my coming Platinum Fatality via digital out to my GDA-700. I will give the benefit of doubt.

However, IF the Platinum Fatality does not add enough of extra gaming experience, then I would probably stick with other brand soundcards with 2 digital outs. Although you might only use your computer for gaming, I am fairly sure the majority of PC users use their PCs for more than gaming.

For me, I am using my computer for everything, including movies and TV. Beats having to pay cable or buy a larger, dedicated TV or some such nonsense (for a college student or recent graduate, especially in this economy).

None touches X-Fi's in gaming, that is a fact.

And I have no interest in what other people do with a gaming card, but will say that my X-Fi @ 7.1 does more than well in games/music...but since I game more than I watch movies that is irrelevant to me...like people financial status is irrelevant to me.
 
None touches X-Fi's in gaming, that is a fact.

And I have no interest in what other people do with a gaming card, but will say that my X-Fi @ 7.1 does more than well in games/music...but since I game more than I watch movies that is irrelevant to me...like people financial status is irrelevant to me.

And you feel it is necessary to say this on the forums because...?
 
And you feel it is necessary to say this on the forums because...?

Because you brought it up, doc...

You're saying Creative is pretty much the ultimate in gaming audio. As I said, I will be looking for this from my coming Platinum Fatality via digital out to my GDA-700. I will give the benefit of doubt.

However, IF the Platinum Fatality does not add enough of extra gaming experience, then I would probably stick with other brand soundcards with 2 digital outs. Although you might only use your computer for gaming, I am fairly sure the majority of PC users use their PCs for more than gaming.

For me, I am using my computer for everything, including movies and TV. Beats having to pay cable or buy a larger, dedicated TV or some such nonsense (for a college student or recent graduate, especially in this economy).

If you can't remember your last posts why do you post? :confused:
 
Because you brought it up, doc...

If you can't remember your last posts why do you post? :confused:

Just because I said that, that means you have to mention that you don't care? Again, you feel it is necessary to let the forums know because...?
 
Just because I said that, that means you have to mention that you don't care? Again, you feel it is necessary to let the forums know because...?

I replied to your argumentation?
Why did YOU feel it was nessary to bring it up in the first place?
(don't try and play "turn-the-tables"with me...)
 
Well, I was making the point that the general PC user will want to choose a card that provides the most services and that they will often use the PC for multiple purposes, not just for gaming. Which means that, if the X-Fi doesn't make a strong enough statement in gaming, then there is no point in getting an X-Fi. There are cards with better DACs and that are compatible with Dolby and DDL.

Want me to repeat myself once again?

Your last couple statements made no contribution to the thread. Why post if you don't care? To let people know you don't care? You should know we don't care if you don't care. Just don't pollute threads with your non-caring.
 
I had no choice i had to buy the the pro card. i couldnt find the none pro in any store in my city and i dont want to buy from the Internet anymore. however i was lucky enough to find the X-Fi Titanium pro 30 Euros cheaper than i thought:) didnt have the time to try it yet thought:p
 
Well, I was making the point that the general PC user will want to choose a card that provides the most services and that they will often use the PC for multiple purposes, not just for gaming. Which means that, if the X-Fi doesn't make a strong enough statement in gaming, then there is no point in getting an X-Fi. There are cards with better DACs and that are compatible with Dolby and DDL.

DAC's don't give better immersion.
Dobly and DDL don't come close to theX-Fi for gaming
You do know we are talking about a GAMING card right?
A gaming card that delivers better immersion than any thing else on the market...and (if you subtract the "loudness" in other cards) really does well i movies/music.

Want me to repeat myself once again?

Ditto?

Your last couple statements made no contribution to the thread. Why post if you don't care? To let people know you don't care? You should know we don't care if you don't care. Just don't pollute threads with your non-caring.

Let keep this ontopic (sound)...if you can't...take it to PM's...your smoke&mirros-fallacy style bores me.
 
1) Never claimed better DACs give better immersion.
2) Dolby and DDL was mentioned for movies. You seem to misunderstand my repetitive posts about this when I refer to other usages that most people have with PCs.
3) Yes, I do. Which is why I said "IF IT DOESN'T ADD ENOUGH TO GAMING, THEN THERE IS NO POINT IN GETTING THE CARD".

Please don't make me repeat myself yet again.
 
1) Never claimed better DACs give better immersion.
2) Dolby and DDL was mentioned for movies. You seem to misunderstand my repetitive posts about this when I refer to other usages that most people have with PCs.
3) Yes, I do. Which is why I said "IF IT DOESN'T ADD ENOUGH TO GAMING, THEN THERE IS NO POINT IN GETTING THE CARD".

Show me another card that can match an X-Fi...simple as that...ball in your court.

Please don't make me repeat myself yet again.

You looping is your own problem, don't blame me...
 
You're right. It is rather a waste of time trying to talk to someone who doesn't even read your post. Ignore list... GO!
 
I might add that certain "audiophiles" have the fashion of bashing anything creative.
They will go to great langths to make people at home think that OPAMPS, the "feel" of the sound, the "color" of the sound ect. makes any other card better than the X-Fi.

Kinda the same "arguments" used for Monster Cables...but whenever you take them to the cleaners and ask for anything that can match the X-Fi's...you get smoke and mirros:

- Economics
- DAC's
- Dull-by
- Ad hominem

But nothing that gives the same immersion as an X-Fi in a 7.1 setup
It's like they scream: "To hell with AA and AF...I have a GPU so that dosn't matter"

*awaits more smoke&mirros, but nothing that can beat the X-Fi in gaming*
 
You are talking about NVIDIA's piss port PCI bus problems...how can that be creative problem? :confused:

Considering on my machine (see sig) I still get weird crackling problems (BF2 when loading) or sound getting muffled for no apparent reason (Left 4 Dead) I'd say it's not an nVidia chipset problem. Something is busted with the X-Fi PCI cards. I haven't tried the Titanium series because I paid plenty for this thing, not going to give Creative more money without knowing that it will actually work as it's supposed to.
 
From my short and limited time w/ the vanilla Titanium, it sounded more crisp than I remember my older eXtremeMusic, Fatal1ty, and Elite Pro's. Take it for what it's worth.

Screw you all though, I'll be going with this.
 
Considering on my machine (see sig) I still get weird crackling problems (BF2 when loading) or sound getting muffled for no apparent reason (Left 4 Dead) I'd say it's not an nVidia chipset problem. Something is busted with the X-Fi PCI cards. I haven't tried the Titanium series because I paid plenty for this thing, not going to give Creative more money without knowing that it will actually work as it's supposed to.

Take a look here:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=40613

(scroll down a bit)
 
Considering on my machine (see sig) I still get weird crackling problems (BF2 when loading) or sound getting muffled for no apparent reason (Left 4 Dead) I'd say it's not an nVidia chipset problem. Something is busted with the X-Fi PCI cards. I haven't tried the Titanium series because I paid plenty for this thing, not going to give Creative more money without knowing that it will actually work as it's supposed to.
Adjust your PCI Latency to 96 like I did. It fixed my problems. You can try other values like 64 or 128 too. The default is 32 and is not high enough for the sound card if it crackle.

PCI Latency Tool
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

Edit-------------------------

Hmmm it seem to don't work in vista 64 / Win 7 64 tho because the driver need to be signed which can be a problem. Fortunately my board now offter the option to change the PCI latency in the BIOS which is how I do it now.
 
lets stay on topic. this isn't an x-fi vs whatever thread.
 
I just upgraded from an Audigy 1 to an XFI Titanium Fatal1ty. Newegg had it for ~$125 with free Fatal1ty headset. I'm not a headphone user but it seemed like a good deal. I found it kind of sad that the install process is still super slow and buggy. I had to install it twice and update twice. First time it showed up as a generic HD Audio Device. Also it seems like you have to install the drivers from the CD and then update vs just installing downloaded drivers. Is this correct?
 
use daniel K software.

I used that and install quick, and without issues.
 
I'm probably gonna buy an Auzentech Forte, great opamps for music/movies, and the ability to use EAX 5.0 for gaming. Best of both worlds I say!
 
Yeah I like what Auzentech has been doing. I probably would have picked up the Forte, but I didn't think it would fit on my motherboard. My PCI-E 1x slots are close to the RAM slots.
 
Back
Top