• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi system tray?

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
18,017
I've been hunting in the control panel... is their one? I don't want to have to open this audio control thing every time I want to switch between game mode and entertainment mode. I had asumed there would be a tray icon where I could just right click and hit what I want.
 
The Creative Volume Control already does this. Right click on it and select the mode you want to switch to.

If it isn't running already, go start it in: Start/All Programs/Creative/Sound Blaster X-FI/Creative Volume Control. To make it start all the time with Windows, just check the "Load Volume Icon At Startup" option.

creativevolumecontrol.PNG
 
Met-AL said:
The Creative Volume Control already does this.
Of course it does. Oh, it's just another bit for people to complain about CL, don't cha know...
 
Met-AL said:
The Creative Volume Control already does this. Right click on it and select the mode you want to switch to.

If it isn't running already, go start it in: Start/All Programs/Creative/Sound Blaster X-FI/Creative Volume Control. To make it start all the time with Windows, just check the "Load Volume Icon At Startup" option.

creativevolumecontrol.PNG


I don't have that. In my start menu I have creative audio console, and thats it, and there is no way to minimize it to the tray.
 
That is probably because you didn't install drivers from the CD. The ones you d/l from CL don't include it.
 
BBA said:
That is probably because you didn't install drivers from the CD. The ones you d/l from CL don't include it.


That would be why. For whatever the reason, neither of my CD rom drives would read the CD.
 
Hey mine don't have the switch mode option...
Mine also don't display the volume level on the screen like it does when I'm using MCE2005. But I don't have MCE2005 installed at the moment to double check but I know when I turned the volume up or down before it use to show a green volume level thing.

Anybody know why ?


ss.png
 
Met-AL said:
Want me to upload the CD for you?
Go to support.creative.com, and using internet explorer download the drivers. They include the mode switcher and other goodies. Plus they are the newest versions.

I said use IE because the autoupdate doesnt work with FF.
 
I just put the mode switcher itself in my quick launch bar. Only takes a few seconds to change modes and the less I have auto-loading with Windows the better, IMO.
 
Hey, do you guys know if there is a spectrum equalizer display for the X-Fi?
 
How about an uninstall utility from add/remove for the 2.07's? No? I'll just use the setup.exe to uninstall then...poo. 2.09's and maybe a little UT (paX-fied) for me!
 
Back
Top