• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wuchang: Fallen Feathers

You get a 2-hour window for refunds.
I thought that 2 hour window was only from time of purchase, but looking at it now it’s 2 hours play from 14 days of purchase. That’s totally enough time to garner a good idea of game performance, so my earlier thought is bupkis.

Yeah people can just get a refund if they don’t like the game and not go capital V victim on their reviews.
 
I thought that 2 hour window was only from time of purchase, but looking at it now it’s 2 hours play from 14 days of purchase. That’s totally enough time to garner a good idea of game performance, so my earlier thought is bupkis.

Yeah people can just get a refund if they don’t like the game and not go capital V victim on their reviews.
Also if the purchase price is a big deal to them they should take the time to actually look at the plethora of reviews out there. There's even video reviews, and live streama where you can ask questions. There is essentially no excuse for buying a game you don't like. These are FOMO babies with no impulse control.
 
A. Buy games and dislike like them later on.

B. Don't buy games at all ....Lazy Hater Syndrome

C. I wanna be like Mike buys games and won't install them or play them.
 
A. Buy games and dislike like them later on.

B. Don't buy games at all ....Lazy Hater Syndrome

C. I wanna be like Mike buys games and won't install them or play them.
D. Buy games early and often since you don't know when they will be delisted.
 
CD Keys has it for 33.00 picked it up there 17.00+ cheaper than Steam no reason specifically why I picked up but it has a leveling system anyway.
 
Been stuck on the white haired chick boss for a while now. I need to be more patient but man she never stops attacking.
 
Been stuck on the white haired chick boss for a while now. I need to be more patient but man she never stops attacking.
Magic got it done in I think 5 tries for me. What weapon are you using?
 
Peak player count for Wuchang (Steam) has surpassed Sekiro and Dark Souls 3...impressive
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
20250730003430_1.jpg


I didn't talk to this guy just yet hell he might be a Boss.


20250730003237_1.jpg




She's got an Axe and Bud Light


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOFlX4MfPQ



This game is like a immersive version of a Dark Souls game way better looking than Nioh or even Black Myth which I found kinda blury. I like it but the NPC characters I forget who I just got done talking with. I'm getting about 150 FPS so far but I turned down a bunch of settings like Motion Blur and Post Processing running on High 1440P.
 
Last edited:
20250730070509_1.jpg


Unreal Rocks

20250730080751_1.jpg


2 Stage Boss but at least the life meter didn't go to 100% on 2nd stage. This was the 2nd Boss I encountered took me 3 tries just did the Backstab thing with Strong Attack.
 
Last edited:
Man these late game areas are rough as hell. There’s some tough bosses don’t get me wrong but the greater challenge is the mobs and environments.

I’ve got to be close, looking forward to NG+ already.
 
Just beat it moments ago, took 42 hours and I ended up at level 104. Had I known the reward for beating the final boss is the best one handed sword in the game I’d have gone a different route for my first play through, oh well.

On to NG+!

do you rank Wuchang ahead of The First Berserker: Khazan?
 
do you rank Wuchang ahead of The First Berserker: Khazan?

Probably not, but they’re very different games. Khazan has little exploration, it’s all linear and mission based, but it seriously shines with the boss encounters. Wuchang feels a lot more like a traditional Souls game with the environments and NPC quests, though it has a very different (and a bit weird) leveling system.

I can assuredly say that Wuchang is a hell of a lot better than the Steam reviews would lead you to believe though. I pretty much did a magic only build for my first run, which is something I’ve never done before in any Souls like. I’ll have a more comprehensive opinion once I try some other weapons/builds.

At the end of the day I’m just very into the genre, other stuff just doesn’t seem to interest me anymore.
 
I cannot parry to save my life on this or any other soulslike besides DS-1. So, question for the Soulslike pros out there..... As someone who has beaten Demon souls/DS1/DS2 but totally sucked at Bloodborne/Sekiro/Wuchang/Nioh, what are some good games that have shield blocking and dodge mechanics to play methodically? My reflexes aren't what they used to be and I cannot keep up with the perfect timing stuff.
 
Everyone made Commander Honglan sound like Malenia 2.0. I must be missing something because I absolutely ravaged her. She gets staggered with a single heavy attack. So all you gotta do is dodge, heavy attack, riposte, then spam light attack while she's down. Rinse, repeat. Second phase is less than a minute long with this strategy.

Sorry about the video colors, the video trimming tools in Windows don't seem to play well with HDR videos.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHqs7KHrbIU
 
I cannot parry to save my life on this or any other soulslike besides DS-1. So, question for the Soulslike pros out there..... As someone who has beaten Demon souls/DS1/DS2 but totally sucked at Bloodborne/Sekiro/Wuchang/Nioh, what are some good games that have shield blocking and dodge mechanics to play methodically? My reflexes aren't what they used to be and I cannot keep up with the perfect timing stuff.

You can block with axes in this game. There’s also a ‘clash’ mechanic where if you and an enemy attack at the same time it’ll absorb most of the damage and won’t interrupt your combos. You can also go strictly spells and keep a distance, but some enemies/bosses stay on your ass, and you also need perfect dodges to keep your skyborn might up, which is what you use to cast spells and use disciplines (weapon skills).

Almost sounds like with that statement you haven’t played Elden Ring though.
 
Everyone made Commander Honglan sound like Malenia 2.0. I must be missing something because I absolutely ravaged her. She gets staggered with a single heavy attack. So all you gotta do is dodge, heavy attack, riposte, then spam light attack while she's down. Rinse, repeat. Second phase is less than a minute long with this strategy.

Sorry about the video colors, the video trimming tools in Windows don't seem to play well with HDR videos.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHqs7KHrbIU


She was tough with one handed swords and spells, but yeah she took me maybe 5 tries, and people on the FB group say they have been stuck on her for days.

Wait till you run into her again though.
 
I cannot parry to save my life on this or any other soulslike besides DS-1. So, question for the Soulslike pros out there..... As someone who has beaten Demon souls/DS1/DS2 but totally sucked at Bloodborne/Sekiro/Wuchang/Nioh, what are some good games that have shield blocking and dodge mechanics to play methodically? My reflexes aren't what they used to be and I cannot keep up with the perfect timing stuff.
I think The Surge 2 has a pretty cool and definitely unique block/parry system where you hold your block button down then you can either use your mouse or the WASD keys to parry depending on which direction the attack is coming from. I think it's a pretty clever and fun way to do it. There is an augment you can equip that'll show which direction enemy attacks come from, but actually once you get familiar with the game it really isn't needed, which will leave a slot open for a much more beneficial augment (or w/e they're called in game, it's been a while). Once you pull off a certain number of parries you can then do a counter attack for major damage.

Also, Darksiders 3 is all perfect dodge/counter attack all day long if you like that style of play. I think it is refreshing and wish more games would adopt a perfect dodge system rather than perfect block/parry constantly. It gets old after a while.

I gave up on Sekiro after about 20 hours. I find the game quite boring tbh. And I thought the burst counters in Nioh 2 were pretty easy to pull off for the most part and quite satisfying.
 
Any tips for Ai Nengqi? He's ridiculously tanky, my longsword ain't doing shit to him. Is there any way to stagger him?

edit - nvm, beat him. He's way more of a skill check than commander hooters.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
I just got the great yonder gang killed because I did a boss fight earlier than I was supposed to. :(

Of course, the game gives you zero warning about this. In fact, the game pushes you toward this particular boss with both a sign and an NPC that tell you to take the path to the right.

If there's one thing I wish they didn't copy from FromSoft, it's the fact that you have to use a strategy guide to do side quests properly.

Also, these flute playing bastards are harder than some bosses!

wuchang.png
 
I just got the great yonder gang killed because I did a boss fight earlier than I was supposed to. :(

Of course, the game gives you zero warning about this. In fact, the game pushes you toward this particular boss with both a sign and an NPC that tell you to take the path to the right.

If there's one thing I wish they didn't copy from FromSoft, it's the fact that you have to use a strategy guide to do side quests properly.

Also, these flute playing bastards are harder than some bosses!

View attachment 745781

Yeah that happened to me as well. Even if you step in the boss arena once and don’t kill her you still can’t talk to her up the elevator. Also, take a peak under that same elevator.

The flute broad on the way up to the palace killed me MANY times before I realized she was so close to the shrine.
 
20250806113416_1.jpg


I'm level 21 stuck on this guy for a few hours 2nd Stage gets me which is burrows underground you can dodge it but I usually get hit then I have to deal with half of life bar after that.
 
I beat the Bastard the well I found the Pendant that kinda helped but the trick that worked best was stand in one spot when he does the ground attacks then move when it turns into fire.
I used a feather to beat him you can't summon for him either.
 
I experienced a really weird bug last night in NG+ where quest items received and items purchased didn't show up in my inventory. This really sucked because it locked me into the same ending I got in NG and kept me from achievements I was going for. The items purchased were armor pieces, and even in NG++ the armor pieces show I purchased them already, they're farmable but still. Luckily I'm having enough fun that I want to try other weapons anyway, but yeah, was not happy. I highly recommend backing up a save before the point of no return, definitely will this time.

EDIT: omg I am such an idiot, all that stuff ended up in the warehouse.. I was trying to be so thorough on that run too, and I just ran straight to the final boss once that happened. I guess it’s my fault for hastily clicking through everything. Still though, it’s wild to me that they send quest items to the warehouse.
 
Last edited:
The map design really give me the classic soul-like experience, but the checkpoint placement just terrible...
 
The map design really give me the classic soul-like experience, but the checkpoint placement just terrible...
Eh they're not too bad, just have to learn the maps and unlock all the shortcuts, very Souls-like indeed.
 
Was the original Dark Souls more or less complex in terms of level design than Wuchang? I can't believe how complex some of these areas in Wuchang are. Zhenwu Temple in particular... So many vertical layers and the amount of shortcuts and loopbacks is crazy. Took me forever to clear that area!
 
Was the original Dark Souls more or less complex in terms of level design than Wuchang? I can't believe how complex some of these areas in Wuchang are. Zhenwu Temple in particular... So many vertical layers and the amount of shortcuts and loopbacks is crazy. Took me forever to clear that area!

I’d say it’s pretty similar. And yeah that temple is a PITA. Be sure to visit ferry overlook before fast traveling after the tiger boss.
 

WUCHANG: Fallen Feathers – Patch 1.5 for Steam is AVAILABLE NOW!​


Dear Players,

Today, we're pleased to confirm that Patch 1.5 is available to download now on Steam. Once again, a massive thank you to everyone that continues to support us, we are incredibly grateful!

​

PATCH 1.5 NOTES​


Features/Bug Fixes​


* Slight adjustment to the invincibility frames during Wuchang’s get-up animation after being knocked down.

This is to prevent players from being attacked during the getting-up animation to optimize the player’s early game experience.

* Sped up Wuchang’s healing animation slightly to ensure players have enough time to heal. The recovery animation after drinking can now be cancelled with a dodge.
This is to enhance the strategic element. 

* Made adjustments to animations, values, and level design for certain NPCs and AI.

Added dialogs for some NPCs to complete some plots. We will further optimize the exhaustion animations in the future to improve the plot performance.

Fixed the faction bug in Chapter 4, adjusted the level design, and increased the performance effect of BVB.

Fixed the dialogue order between Fang Yao and He Youzai to prevent a bug where players could not achieve the “Bound by Fate's Threads” and “Dream's Sweet Deceit” endings due to an incorrect sequence.

* Addressed the issue causing audio playback stutter on certain hardware models.
  
* Revised descriptions for some equipment and items

* Added/revised certain audio lines.

Added some ‘Wuchang’ voice to complete the story, and added some NPC dialogues.

* Fixed an issue where certain keys could not be set in the key binding menu, and where some key changes could not be saved after re-binding, such as, left shift, left ctrl, left alt.  

* Fixed the issue where the Buddha statue could disappear from the player’s inventory when force-quitting the game after it is placed in the Palace Hill of Chapter 1.  

* Fixed an issue with the combo-based Benediction and Jade Pendant not functioning correctly in NG+ cycles. 

* Addressed issues with certain terrain that can cause the player to become stuck. 

* Reduced elevator waiting time and fixed the issue in Chapter 5 where the elevator may trap the player at its destination.

While Wuchang waits for the elevator, the speed of the elevator tripled. Due to loading issues, the speed of taking the elevator has temporarily unchanged.

* Optimized the impact resistance of certain monsters.

Reduce the impact tolerance of some primary enemies, making it easier for light weapons to interrupt the attacks of some monsters in the early stages, while increasing the strategic nature of light attacks.

For later-stage monsters, players can now use spells, weapon skills, etc., to directly perform follow-up light attack combos to suppress some monsters.

* Increased the trigger interval for Spike Traps.

* Further reduced the damage of landmines in Chapters 2 & 3.

Monsters can still be quickly staggered, keeping combat strategies in areas with groups of monsters unchanged.

* Reduced the number of landmines in Chapter 3.

* Adjusted game content to prepare for the update of new weapons and sets in the Deluxe Edition compensation.

Currently, the high-poly phase of the Deluxe Edition compensation content is nearing completion, and we hope to bring players more traditional armor, including ancient armor such as Wei/Jin dynasty armor.

* Optimized game code in preparation for allowing players to choose to respawn at either the Shrine or the BOSS Fight Entrance after death.

* Optimized game code in preparation for future patches to reduce VRAM usage, aiming to address frequent stuttering and other display issues caused by VRAM overflow.

* Optimized asset specifications in preparation for updating to a more noticeable effect when picking up Red Mercury Essence.

* Fixed an issue where super-sampling resolution would apply incorrect parameters when using the Extreme settings on high-end machines. 

* Other minor fixes.

Crash Fixes​


* Fixed an issue where changing screen resolution under certain conditions could cause the game to crash. 

* Fixed shader-related errors that occurred with certain NVIDIA graphics cards. 

* Fixed a GPU crash caused by certain semi-transparent assets in extreme scenarios. 

* Fixed a crash caused by unnecessary rendering calls in specific scenarios. 

* Fixed a crash caused by GPU hangs under specific conditions. 

* Fixed a crash that could occur with a certain probability at the end of map loading due to animation blueprint concurrency.

* Other minor fixes.

This patch has been a long time coming, and we will continue to refine and optimize the game based on player feedback, striving to deliver a product that satisfies our players!
 
* Optimized game code in preparation for allowing players to choose to respawn at either the Shrine or the BOSS Fight Entrance after death.


* Slight adjustment to the invincibility frames during Wuchang’s get-up animation after being knocked down.

This is to prevent players from being attacked during the getting-up animation to optimize the player’s early game experience.

* Sped up Wuchang’s healing animation slightly to ensure players have enough time to heal. The recovery animation after drinking can now be cancelled with a dodge.
This is to enhance the strategic element. 


They must of listened to the gripes on the Steam Forum reviews.
 
* Optimized game code in preparation for allowing players to choose to respawn at either the Shrine or the BOSS Fight Entrance after death.

Ah ha! You masochists told me that runbacks were a necessary punishment for dying. Like... No. No they aren't. It's bad and outdated game design. There is nothing remotely fun about holding the sprint button for 30 seconds just to retry a boss.
 
Ah ha! You masochists told me that runbacks were a necessary punishment for dying. Like... No. No they aren't. It's bad and outdated game design. There is nothing remotely fun about holding the sprint button for 30 seconds just to retry a boss.

in the Souls game run-backs to the boss are part of the Souls experience...most of the time you can unlock a shortcut closer to the boss room
 
Ah ha! You masochists told me that runbacks were a necessary punishment for dying. Like... No. No they aren't. It's bad and outdated game design. There is nothing remotely fun about holding the sprint button for 30 seconds just to retry a boss.

Not one of the run backs in this game is long at all, but I'm fine with the update, plus I beat it pre-patch already. Sometimes that's an argument for playing Souls games/likes on release, damn near all of them end up nerfing bosses/buffing players.
 
Back
Top