WTB : Borderlands 3 PC code $30 (anyone buy new AMD CPU/GPU lately?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
Got one, thanks!
----------------

Hey yall. If anyone is buying / has bought a new Ryzen CPU or Radeon GPU, if you don't really care about the free included Borderlands 3 code I will take it off your hands for $30.

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/amd-holiday-gaming.aspx

I'm not really in the market for a new CPU, already have a 2700x. I considered buying one and selling at cost on here, but maybe someone else (maybe you!) just bought a new CPU or video card and already did the leg work for me!

Thanks

Last edited:
Sunday bump.

Also a cautionary tale.... I bought a code from a rando on ebay and it didn't work. Now I'm going to have to file a claim against him to try to get my money back, since he refuses to refund. Try being the operative word.

So don't buy game keys from strangers on ebay, folks!

Just out of curiosity did it not work because you don't have a third gen processor?

Just out of curiosity did it not work because you don't have a third gen processor?

I have a R7 2700x, which is on the list eligible for 1 game. The guy sold me a 2 game code, and apparently those are only good for the R7 3800x or R9's. I couldn't redeem it. AMD has this validation tool that you have to install and it checks your hardware inventory. I don't know why they thought such extreme steps were necessary, but I guess they were tired of people reselling their keys. I tried to get the ebay asshat to redeem the coupon on his rig with the R7 3800x.... but he can't (and wouldn't admit it) because he just bought it to resell on ebay. I saw the CPU in his items for sale listing. Ebay is awesome :(

And I'm at his mercy until the 11th, which is the earliest I can claim for refund as item not received.

I was thinking about this the other day. Is there no program that can spoof hardware, you choose what the system has in it, and the program intercepts requests for hardware ID's of the machine and reports back the hardware you have selected.

I was thinking about this the other day. Is there no program that can spoof hardware, you choose what the system has in it, and the program intercepts requests for hardware ID's of the machine and reports back the hardware you have selected.

Well I mean the fact that AMD is tying specific codes to specific hardware is new and kind of shocking, really.

OH you meant "isn't there".... well I guess anything is possible if someone was able to spoof the hardware IDs and write a shim driver or something to run in a VM. But that's a lot of effort just to get some games.

edit - well this guy found a way to trick vbox into reporting different hardware types. That's not exactly "there" but it means anything is possible in a vm world.
https://communities.vmware.com/thread/264453

Last edited:
Can you redeem more than 1? I have a 3900x, but already have a code to redeem.

If you can, I could help you out.

Can you redeem more than 1? I have a 3900x, but already have a code to redeem.

If you can, I could help you out.

If you have the 3900x 2 game code, I don't think I can redeem it. But you might be able to using the AMD product validation tool on your 3900x system, which (I assume) would convert that into Epic game keys. I also assume that the keys will still be open until they are activated into the Epic client.

I know that's a lot of assumptions, but since I could never get past the coupon validation part, I'm guessing on the rest. If the code automatically breaks down into activated Epic keys somehow, then they would be yours forever. But I'm guessing it won't.

I'll tell you what. I have a game code to put into AMD Rewards and a 3900X on the way (maybe Wednesday?). I'll activate it and tell you what you get. Just have to wait for the CPU to come in. I just ran the code through the product verification and was told that my product didn't meet the criteria or whatever it says. I must have the 3900X code then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back