WTB: beefy GPU

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

I have a 1080 currently, but am wanting to game at 4k.

Let me know what you got, stronger preference towards nvidia silicon.
Would entertain trading this GPU and/or an x99 mobo/cpu/ram or cash towards another GPU.
If nothing makes sense, no wrong answers and will wait for next release and go top of the line.

If you want a beefy GPU, does that mean you are a cow wanting to do VR at 4k?
COW_VR.jpg

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/26/cows-with-vr-headsets/

OK, I bought an AMD/ATi 5700xt and am sending it back to Newegg. What a pile of FN trash... causes games to crash/hard lock the system, even on a fresh windows install. If someone has a 2080, let me know.

Depending on how long you can wait the 3XXX series will be announced in august, and available sept/oct based off current information.

The point of this card was to be a hold over until then. It's just a pile of fuckin' shit and I guess what I get for buying under par bullshit. Currently have a 1080 sc2(evga) and wanted more muscle,

OK, I bought an AMD/ATi 5700xt and am sending it back to Newegg. What a pile of FN trash... causes games to crash/hard lock the system, even on a fresh windows install. If someone has a 2080, let me know.
The point of this card was to be a hold over until then. It's just a pile of fuckin' shit and I guess what I get for buying under par bullshit. Currently have a 1080 sc2(evga) and wanted more muscle,

Good. Maybe I can get a discount on an open box return! I had a 2080 and thought it was overpriced and went back to a 5700xt. Go figure.

Bump for you.

Edit: In fairness, I've never had any of the black screen/hard lock issues.

Last edited:
Yeah I have a 5700xt on my gaming box and have had zero issues - kind of impressed.

Mine is the sapphire overclocked version. 280x/ 7970 is also an overclocked version with ZERO issues.

I got the Gigabyte 5700XT and that thing just ran loud and hot. I ended up returning it to Newegg and had to fight with them to get a refund. I've went back to my GTX 1070, but some of these newer games at 1440p are really starting to get pushed with it. Still looking for a $300/$350 upgrade option from my current card. Just not sure what to go with. I think a RTX 2060 Super would be a good choice just trying to find a deal on one is a pain.
GL with your search.

You did all the normal full uninstall of nvidia drivers, run DDU, clean install of AMD drivers? Are you using multiple monitors?

You did all the normal full uninstall of nvidia drivers, run DDU, clean install of AMD drivers? Are you using multiple monitors?

I did a FRESH windows installation and only this GPU was present. This ain't my first rodeo :) Really wish it had worked out. With an OC and bios flash on this 1080 it can do Doom Eternal on nightmare graphics at 4k.

I did a FRESH windows installation and only this GPU was present. This ain't my first rodeo :) Really wish it had worked out. With an OC and bios flash on this 1080 it can do Doom Eternal on nightmare graphics at 4k.
That's unfortunate it didnt work out for you. On an undervolted Vega 64 currently and anxiously awaiting more options for upgrades at 4K.

Back