WoW [H]ard Guild

damn i'd join you guys on stormscale if my guild on eldre'thalas wasn't already in BWL :p

always wanted to join a PvP server just for the xperience, but yea... my already limited playtime is already very congested...

Alliance sucks. My poor little Tauren druid was slaughtered innocently in his village by an Alliance raiding party twice his level. Are all Alliance such cowards? If I join the game full time (still on a trial account) I'll be sure to join you guys and seek revenge.

IcedEmotion said:
Alliance sucks. My poor little Tauren druid was slaughtered innocently in his village by an Alliance raiding party twice his level. Are all Alliance such cowards? If I join the game full time (still on a trial account) I'll be sure to join you guys and seek revenge.

The point of a raid is to kill everything potentially hostile :D.

Nappo said:
The point of a raid is to kill everything potentially hostile :D.

Yes, but why raid a newbie village, What sort of glory is there in 1 hit kills? This isn't exactly a huge conquest considering it was the newbie Tauren village, Bloodsomething or rather.

IcedEmotion said:
Yes, but why raid a newbie village, What sort of glory is there in 1 hit kills? This isn't exactly a huge conquest considering it was the newbie Tauren village, Bloodsomething or rather.

The point is that the raid party doesn't have to worry about high level elite guards. Just low level guards they can dust off.

If they keep attacking the small village it will trigger the world defense system and alert the main cities, in which case high level players will *hopefully* come to save the town.

Then the raid party gets the benefit of HK from the high levels, and doesn't have to worry about a bunch of high level guards.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
The point is that the raid party doesn't have to worry about high level elite guards. Just low level guards they can dust off.

If they keep attacking the small village it will trigger the world defense system and alert the main cities, in which case high level players will *hopefully* come to save the town.

Then the raid party gets the benefit of HK from the high levels, and doesn't have to worry about a bunch of high level guards.

Still seems lame to me. If they can't even handle NPC guards perhaps they shouldn't be dabbling in PVP yet.

IcedEmotion said:
Still seems lame to me. If they can't even handle NPC guards perhaps they shouldn't be dabbling in PVP yet.

The longer you are in a city, the more guards spawn. When your're talking about 50-100+ Level 60 elites in Orgrimmar. ....well you get the idea.

Also if your in the newbie area dont attack them, unless you are flaged for PVP in those area i dont think there is any way for them to hurt you. Wait untill help comes then attack them :)

Seelenlos said:
Also if your in the newbie area dont attack them, unless you are flaged for PVP in those area i dont think there is any way for them to hurt you. Wait untill help comes then attack them :)

I'm not sure if I was flagged or not, but I'm on a PVP server so I assumed it was on all the time. I assumed this sort of thing would happen, just venting a bit because Alliance are all cowards. Besides if a city is under attack I'm the type that has to defend it, otherwise I wouldn't be on a pvp server.

IcedEmotion said:
I'm not sure if I was flagged or not, but I'm on a PVP server so I assumed it was on all the time. I assumed this sort of thing would happen, just venting a bit because Alliance are all cowards. Besides if a city is under attack I'm the type that has to defend it, otherwise I wouldn't be on a pvp server.

BTW are you in the [H] guild? if not, and you're still low level, you might consider joining us on our server :)

this type of thing always gets to me: why assume it is always the OTHER side that are all cowards and assholes? news for you: there is almost always 3-4 lvl 60's in redridge ganking the lowbie alliance there. same for darkshore. i was ganked more times in darkshore/redridge than i was in my entire time playing... stv came close though ;\. i don't even respond to pleas for help in those area's anymore... it is a neverending battle... there is never a time those area's are not being camped.

60's have no real reason to be in westfall/redridge/barrens/etc, the only reason they are there is to be an asshole. your best bet is to lvl quickly and get into an area that 60's don't camp 24/7. once you get into a 30+ area, where a zerg poses a threat to a 60, the gankage by lvl fucks goes down alot.

and a small raid in westfall is always common... kill a few guards, try to get the lowbies to band up and flag themselves. not having played horde much, i assume it is the same in barrens etc.. the fact is, on a PVP server, half the people are 12 year old kiddies who are deppressed about being shoved in their lockers the whole day at school, and it brings meaning into their life to FINALLY have someone smaller than them to pick on.

my advice: lvl up, join a good guild, and get a blacklist program. add any assholes you come across to your KOS list, and get on with the game. treat anyone you are unsure of with respect, and hope the same is returned to you. the whole "alliance all suck", or "horde all suck" things creates a neverending circle of hate that will make your experience unenjoyable.

rogue ganks you... so you camp him. he calls in half a dozen of his 60 friends to camp you until you log off. you then decide all horde are evil and do the same to random alliance when you hit 60. fact is that some of those people are decent, and getting camped by 5 60's can really ruin your day when you are just trying to quest and lvl. i just hope someday blizzard implements a new type of PVP server for people who like to pvp, without the kiddie factor. kill someone 40 lvl's below you 5 times, start getting dishonor. graveyard camp someone, instant dishonor. gank someone fighting 2 mobs at 5% health, no HK. that would make my day. pve is beyond useless... who would honestly play on a pve server? grinding mobs gets old FAST. but it sucks that if you want to play, you have to put up with these tards. oh well...

/rant off

Haha, sorry for invoking such a rant. It was just a little bit of half-assed RP. I should have specified that. If I had gone Alliance I would have probably said the same thing about the Horde.

I'm not in the [H]ard guild yet, but I built my guy on Stormscale with that purpose. I'm still on a trial account (which may have ended today, not sure) so I didn't want to bug you guys with my noob questions. When I pick up the game in the next few weeks I'll probably sign up if you'll have a novice like myself in your ranks.

IcedEmotion said:
Haha, sorry for invoking such a rant. It was just a little bit of half-assed RP. I should have specified that. If I had gone Alliance I would have probably said the same thing about the Horde.

I'm not in the [H]ard guild yet, but I built my guy on Stormscale with that purpose. I'm still on a trial account (which may have ended today, not sure) so I didn't want to bug you guys with my noob questions. When I pick up the game in the next few weeks I'll probably sign up if you'll have a novice like myself in your ranks.
We were all noobs at one point.

so yeah, we'd be glad to have ya. Just don't roll a rogue.
biggrin.gif

TR0GD0RtheBURNiNAT0R said:
We were all noobs at one point.

so yeah, we'd be glad to have ya. Just don't roll a rogue.
biggrin.gif

My first guy is a druid, and I'll probably stick with it for the long run. I just miss the fact that my armour will never be made out of metal, but then there's always alts for that.

A druid in our guild just got his account hacked, related to the trojan in allakhazam. I'd advise everyone to search for syssmss.exe in your task manager, registry, files, etc and change PW asap. All items sold, money sent to some other char I guess. all characters on his account got deleted. =(

sadpanda =(

IcedEmotion said:
My first guy is a druid, and I'll probably stick with it for the long run. I just miss the fact that my armour will never be made out of metal, but then there's always alts for that.

We deffinately need more Druids :)

What characters classes do you guys need? Im interested in changing servers, and joining the guild.

I wouldnt mind being a

Warlock
Hunter
Priest
Shaman

Scoob () said:
What characters classes do you guys need? Im interested in changing servers, and joining the guild.

I wouldnt mind being a

Warlock
Hunter
Priest
Shaman

Doesn't really matter. The higher lvls in the guild have joined up with a MC capable group and are starting to get Domo on farm status.

start one of each of those and send us a message we'll invite ya.
My main 60 is in sins now but i play my hunter more lately and sometimes my shaman, can't devot the time i need to move my 60 anywhere right now.

Do a search on hard and message any of the people who show up to get an invite.

Invite me to guild whenever you get a chance, my name is SVTCOBRA and im a undead priest,

Just join our [H] channel (named "hard") and ask for an invite, at least a couple people are still usually on at any given time. If that doesn't work, just whisper Molokai, I'm on a lot.

message me Loresh I'll send ya an invite

its mostly just us alts now since most of us moved our mains over to a MC guild (seven sins)

Scoob () said:

I wouldnt mind being a

Warlock
Hunter
Priest
Shaman

Second this

After i have another job, i'll be picking up the game and playing more full time (i have the trial currently)

So can someone actively play this game with a very limited schedule (some weeks 10 hours or less, some maybe 20).

I just got engaged and I have alot of programming projects I should probably be doing to keep my brain busy outside of work.. but I really want to give WOW a fair trial.

If I can actually casually play this thing on the weekends and a couple hours in the evening, I would love to join the [H]ard guild.

what are your thoughts?

Jeff

If you really want to reach level 60, it would take you more than a couple months. However, there are a lot of quests that can be done in less than an hour, and there's always people around your level playing (most aren't in [H] though, there's a couple lowbies though). We'd be happy to take you in though, we need all the people we can get (excpet for morons, but we can get rid of them if they start to bug us :)).

playrh8r said:
So can someone actively play this game with a very limited schedule (some weeks 10 hours or less, some maybe 20).

I just got engaged and I have alot of programming projects I should probably be doing to keep my brain busy outside of work.. but I really want to give WOW a fair trial.

If I can actually casually play this thing on the weekends and a couple hours in the evening, I would love to join the [H]ard guild.

what are your thoughts?

Jeff

The rested XP system helps out with causal playes some. Note that it can be very hard (to impossible) to get through some dungeons if you only have an hour or two. Most quests you can solo and logout in the middle (or finish in < an hour if you know what you are doing).

Did you try playing the free trial? 10 days free... you can't trade or level past 20 but it should be plenty of time to see if you like it or not.

rhouck said:
The rested XP system helps out with causal playes some. Note that it can be very hard (to impossible) to get through some dungeons if you only have an hour or two. Most quests you can solo and logout in the middle (or finish in < an hour if you know what you are doing).

Did you try playing the free trial? 10 days free... you can't trade or level past 20 but it should be plenty of time to see if you like it or not.

I am going to start the trial today. I'm wary of creating a character on stormscale though as it is a PVP server. Ive heard that casual players should stay far away from th ePVP realms. Is this the case?

Jeff

I would say no. In the trial at least since you won't get past 20 it won't matter since you will be in protected lands, that is unless you attack an alliance they can not attack you. However once you sep into contested zones alliance can attack you. PvP is fun, sure while leveling you have to deal with people who need 5 level 60s to kill one level 45, alliance mainly :D, but it doesnt happen all the time, if you play with people it happens less. I think the the game would be less fun for me if i had rolled on something besides PvP.

i should have kept playing the char i made here =/

Well good luck to you all, maybe you'll see garjani on one of these days. go [H]ard guild :D

Seelenlos said:
..I think the the game would be less fun for me if i had rolled on something besides PvP.

lol you've done nothing but AV on your hunter lately :p

<-- noresh btw :p

What are the official requirements to join the guild? I created a char yesterday on Stormscale and join the hard channel asking for requirements to join. I was getting mixed answers. Some saying any lvl. Some saying lvl60 or even lvl70. Others saying I'd have to be a certain class which according to what I read, Priests, Mages and Druids were on short supply and high demand, so I and my wife did an undead mage and priest. BTW, Undead Priest I think is an oxymoron. Should be Necromancer

Back