WoW [H]ard Guild

Well, Ive been another forum lurker for a while now, but stupid me didnt see this thread until recently, started up an Orc Hunter alt on Stormscale, name Umok got him to lvl 13. I should be in game this evening if someone can send me an invite.

DRJ1014 said:
have you guys hit up MC yet? If so how far have u gotten?

Not yet unfortunately. Only 16 of our members are 60.

We've just started actively recruiting within the last few days, with MC being our goal.

I may need to pick up WOW. I dread starting yet another MMORPG, as i have been soured byt them in the past. But i hear WOW is casual gamer friendly, so i may just get into it. I just don't have the time or inclination to "grind" for the sake of levelling.

spugnor said:
I may need to pick up WOW. I dread starting yet another MMORPG, as i have been soured byt them in the past. But i hear WOW is casual gamer friendly, so i may just get into it. I just don't have the time or inclination to "grind" for the sake of levelling.

I got to level 59 without ever just grinding. So it's deffinately a little nicer in that sense.

I'm being tempted to buy this game. I've been without a true MMORPG for about a year now and I feel it's time to start the addiction again.

IcedEmotion said:
I'm being tempted to buy this game. I've been without a true MMORPG for about a year now and I feel it's time to start the addiction again.

get it :)

It's good for casual gamers as long as you can keep perspective. Ie. you're not going to get the absolute best items for your character as a casual player. However, if you play smart you can get great gear with only casual play.

The key is not to collect item sets.

For those of you who currently play WoW and know what I'm talking about, the non-epic sets are a waste of time anyway. Mediocre individual pieces plus crappy set bonuses equates to a crappy outfit. You can get a better outfit with less effort and time spent by getting individually good blues.

If you have a really good guild supporting you, you can actually get some crazy gear. I know one girl in my guild basically only logs on for Molten Core and Onyxia (we haven't done BWL yet). She almost has her Earthfury set complete. However, she did put in the hours back when we were building the guild up and learning MC. These days though she logs on maybe eight hours a week just for those two instances, sometimes a little more if she PvPs, and she has a lot of insane gear.

If I were to play about 10 hours a week, how long would it take me to get to 60, or at least be useful at end-game raids?

Havnt seen it yet on anyone, although its going to be funny when it spreads :)

:p

I saw a video of an entire city that was infected with it. It was awesome...the poor lowbies were dropping like flies.

The plague is called "Corrupted Blood". One of the boss characters in the additional content infects you with it. Somehow, people with the infection brought it back into the general populus of the game and it has since spread throughout most of the game world.

It's really quite impressive. It infects everything (NPCs, pets, players) so even if they cure the players there are still going to be random places that have the plague.

The plague is a new debuff from Zul'Gurub, the 20-man raid instance. You can get your hunter/warlock pet infected, dismiss it, then return to a city and re-summon it.

IcedEmotion said:
If I were to play about 10 hours a week, how long would it take me to get to 60, or at least be useful at end-game raids?

For your first character, a very long time. If you were playing that irregularly, you'd probably be leveling up on rest state only (which is a good thing, 200% exp gain), so getting to 60 on your first run wouldn't take quite as long as most first timers. People who are experienced with the game already can do it in 11 days played. Most first timers tend to do it between 15-25 days played, so 15 days played would probably be a good estimate. However, that's 360 hours. At 10 hours a week you'd be looking at a long road ahead.

Also, when you get to 60, that doesn't mean you're automatically useful in end-game raiding like Molten Core or Onyxia. Unless you did instances for gear very efficiently you'd most likely have to spend a little bit more time gearing up. A lot of people have spent more time gearing up prior to Molten Core than actually making it to 60, however a few of my guildies geared up in just a week with some smart playing. So it really depends on how you do things.

You could significantly cut down on both leveling up and gearing up if you had a good guild to back you. It doesn't matter though. Once you get the game that 10 hours a week will easily turn into 20 or more.

What class is the the [H}orde in need of the most? That way I can get a few character ideas going while deciding on whether to jump in or not.

The horde in general are lacking priests and druids.

They are definitely not lacking shamans or warriors or rogues. Do not pick one of those three classes.

Yeah the guild would prefer more druids to priests. But yes. Priests/druids are needed.

We also are very short of mages.

Druid sounds interesting. Too bad the only race available to it is Tauren. Maybe I'll start both an Undead Priest and a Tauren druid and see which one is more fun... but then that will make my levelling even slower.

Hard|Guild said:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/hardgui/public_html/news/db.php on line 9
There was an error connecting the database!
Too many connections
And I was just about to ask you to update the roster so I could have my character (updated of course) listed :( Oh well, this means we're getting a bigger and better guild!

If anyone is unsure about making a character for this guild (why would you be anyway?), just whisper or send Molokai some mail and I'll get you a nice set of leather armor if you're a new shammy, druid, rogue, or hunter (Like me! We could definately use some healers and mages, so if you want to use some free leather armor, roll a shammy or druid :)).

For all you 20-29s like me, let's go rule in WG while we're still able to pwn with some n00bs :D

IcedEmotion said:
What class is the the [H}orde in need of the most? That way I can get a few character ideas going while deciding on whether to jump in or not.

On Arthas we need warlocks... lots of them.

Hmm... I've just started playing WoW, and have a lvl 22 dark elf warrior, and a lvl 12 dwarven hunter. I could quite possibly start a new character on Stormscale. Can someone PM me with all of the pertinant details? I'm at work right now, and can't read the entire thread. Thanks! :)

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Whatever happened to Dhalo anyways :p

I'm still asking myself that. Since I'm no longer deployable, work has been sending me all over CONUS. I'm getting ready to leave on a month-long trip to Anchorage now. :(

So the September return has been pushed back until after Thanksgiving now.

wfalcon said:
I'm still asking myself that. Since I'm no longer deployable, work has been sending me all over CONUS. I'm getting ready to leave on a month-long trip to Anchorage now. :(

So the September return has been pushed back until after Thanksgiving now.

ouch! We miss ya!

Hey guys, I have a 22 orc warrior (Nobuya) on Stormscale. Not the most desirable class, I know, but I want to start a magic based alt soon.

Could someone please send me a tell/invite in game? That would be great. Thanks.

Acctually Warrior is one of the most needed class. But seeing that there are literally Thousands, then it might be hard to find group. But pople are always looking for tanks, and DMG dealers.

m1dg3t said:
Hey guys, I have a 22 orc warrior (Nobuya) on Stormscale. Not the most desirable class, I know, but I want to start a magic based alt soon.

Could someone please send me a tell/invite in game? That would be great. Thanks.

Will do :)

Back