WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

I used to kill everything, person, child, and animal on my Warlock in valilla WoW. The only guild I had problems with was Death and Taxes. I had a priest from that guild wand me to death with a Naxxaramas wand for the lulz. Excluding them 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, and even 3 vs 1 sometimes I won.

Succubus with keybindings was nearly impossible to beat. Later on I migrated to destruction because they said it was impossible to do on the WoW forums and was just as OP as we had the "machine gun imp". My imp solo'd a druid in Arathi Basin one day. That was a week before we got nerfed into the ground for TBC...
Hahaha I remember priests before they nerfed the +heal effects and downranking. I watched a Priest (Eloderung) on Illidan with full Naxx gear tank pretty much everyone with renew and wand them down. Totally broken but hilarious at the same time.

Why would people tell you destro was bad for pvp, seduce nuke was hands down the most powerful lock pvp spec in vanilla, and was based heavily on destro. And we were borderline broken op when tbc hit, especially in the pre launch 2.0 days. Ah the days of queing up for a bg and hearthing to silithus to gank noobs from the archway, ret pallies were the best because you could get the guards to kill them because of reckoning.

Yep! Did you put points into the imp to improve it also? If you did that the imp would fire what looked to be 5 or 6 fireballs per second. On a bad day you'd get 3. And pvp is more about controlled burst so the imp machine gunning people in a massacre was hilarious.

havent played this in months and months and months.. decided to bite the bullet wife really wanted to play it so i bought us two copies, installed last night, just started to try to research all the crazy changes with talents, glyphs, etc, Relics no longer in the game.. so starting to tweak my Death Knight and warlock and figure out how the hell to play again. Wife still needs to go and redo her mage and shaman and tweak them and learn how to play.. So we'll see how it goes, we haven't done anything yet. Relearn mode right now. Also get my mods up and running again.

And its obvious you been drinking a little too much of that nostalgia koolaid. I'm not gonna bother discussing the other points. But do please educate me on how vanilla wow pvp rank 14 took skill.

:rolleyes:

The response I was expecting from you.

i wish i can play again, but for some reason my account was banned

If your account was ever compromised and you dont play for an extended period of time they ban it. You have to call them. Super easy for them to do. Make sure you get an authenticator. Support is awesome, just the wait times are long.

What's this triple exp thing?!

You can also get a whole bunch of +% xp things from heirlooms.

10% hat (guild vendor, 1-85)
10% shoulders (JP vendor, 1-80)
5% cloak (guild vendor, 1-85)
10% chest (JP vendor, 1-80)
10% legs (guild vendor, 1-85)
10% passive (guild level bonus, 1-90)

There's another 5% on a ring (1-80 I believe) if you can manage to win a fishing tournament.

And if you're a monk, you get an ability somewhere around level 30 that allows you to basically hearth to somewhere in Pandaria, do a quick daily, and get a +50% xp buff that lasts for an hour.

There's another 5% on a ring (1-80 I believe) if you can manage to win a fishing tournament.

And if you're a monk, you get an ability somewhere around level 30 that allows you to basically hearth to somewhere in Pandaria, do a quick daily, and get a +50% xp buff that lasts for an hour.

I was never able to collect all the pieces unfortunately, but I wanted to. That monk ability sounds awesome though.

How do run heroic dead mines and how do I get justice points for the run? Do i automatically get them after I run it?

I'm just looking for the fastest way to get JP's for heirlooms.

The fastest way would've been pre-MoP with heroics. On a tank or healer I could get ~340 points every 20 minutes running the HoT heroics. There may still be a few people running them, I don't know.

At this point in MoP, my suggestion would be pvp. You can convert 375 honor to 250 JP's at the vendor. If you still queue up for WG and Tol Borad, most of those matches are over in 5-10 minutes now. Even a quick loss is 200 honor, give or take. Wins are 400+. If you have an extra character that can queue, just park in SW/Orgrimmar and queue when they're up, convert JP's, and buy the chest/shoulders.

The hat/cloak/pants all cost gold from the guild vendor when your guild unlocks them. I think they were all between 1000g and 1500g each.

EDIT: You get justice points for killing bosses in heroics and for completing heroics.

Every 10 levels with the monk as well you get to go back to your tranquil center and get the 50 exp buff on top of the normal daily. So Monks can , with the right gearing and leveling partners hit 85 extremely fast (without considering the function that allows you to grant levels).

So is there many panda monks (or monks in general) running around? Prob gonna pick this up and start playing come Nov. Played the beta and enjoyed it.

So is there many panda monks (or monks in general) running around? Prob gonna pick this up and start playing come Nov. Played the beta and enjoyed it.

I'd say 95% of the pandas I've seen on my server have been monks. I rolled a panda mage and honestly only ever saw two other classes up to level 20.

The fastest way would've been pre-MoP with heroics. On a tank or healer I could get ~340 points every 20 minutes running the HoT heroics. There may still be a few people running them, I don't know.

At this point in MoP, my suggestion would be pvp. You can convert 375 honor to 250 JP's at the vendor. If you still queue up for WG and Tol Borad, most of those matches are over in 5-10 minutes now. Even a quick loss is 200 honor, give or take. Wins are 400+. If you have an extra character that can queue, just park in SW/Orgrimmar and queue when they're up, convert JP's, and buy the chest/shoulders.

The hat/cloak/pants all cost gold from the guild vendor when your guild unlocks them. I think they were all between 1000g and 1500g each.

EDIT: You get justice points for killing bosses in heroics and for completing heroics.

Very cool, thanks for this.

I was going to get the heirlooms with my 85 hunter so I can give to my 53 pally and so forth, but I saw some purples for JP's that would suite my hunter just fine. Are they any good? Or should I just get the purple drops from heroics for my hunter and use my jp's on heirlooms for my Pally?

I'd say 95% of the pandas I've seen on my server have been monks. I rolled a panda mage and honestly only ever saw two other classes up to level 20.

I've seen several panda rogues and a couple mages, but most of them are definitely monks.

For me, it was because I had 10 85s already covering all the other alliance classes/races, so when MoP released, I didn't have a monk and I didn't have a panda. Therefore, panda monk!

GOD'SlittleSERVANT said:
I was going to get the heirlooms with my 85 hunter so I can give to my 53 pally and so forth, but I saw some purples for JP's that would suite my hunter just fine. Are they any good? Or should I just get the purple drops from heroics for my hunter and use my jp's on heirlooms for my Pally?

If you're going to be picking up MoP, don't bother buying the epics for your hunter. The green quest rewards in the first zone of MoP are almost as good.

I've seen several panda rogues and a couple mages, but most of them are definitely monks.

For me, it was because I had 10 85s already covering all the other alliance classes/races, so when MoP released, I didn't have a monk and I didn't have a panda. Therefore, panda monk!

If you're going to be picking up MoP, don't bother buying the epics for your hunter. The green quest rewards in the first zone of MoP are almost as good.

I'm already in MoP and already got a few greens. I noticed they were pretty good. So I'll probably pick up the heirlooms for my other chars. thanks!

Very cool, thanks for this.

Depends, before the expantion I would of said just use your JP purely on Heirloom, but you will want to save it up for Heroic/Raid gear later in the game.

I wouldn't count on being able to do EOTS heroics much, I doubt anyone is doing them and Blizzard always nerf their JP output to oblivion (as in you would 77 for killing a boss and 150 for completing, now you'd 5 for killing a boss and 24 for completing). Haven't done it yet so it may still be a goold mine for JP.

There is no fast way right now, get honored (think thats what you need for heirloom gear) with your guild and buy the stuff outright.

I spent one week on my tank que'ing and got 8 peices of heirloom running nothing but EOTS over and over again, I was very lucky to not miss out on that. I almost have all peices now...

Depends, before the expantion I would of said just use your JP purely on Heirloom, but you will want to save it up for Heroic/Raid gear later in the game.

I wouldn't count on being able to do EOTS heroics much, I doubt anyone is doing them and Blizzard always nerf their JP output to oblivion (as in you would 77 for killing a boss and 150 for completing, now you'd 5 for killing a boss and 24 for completing). Haven't done it yet so it may still be a goold mine for JP.

There is no fast way right now, get honored (think thats what you need for heirloom gear) with your guild and buy the stuff outright.

I spent one week on my tank que'ing and got 8 peices of heirloom running nothing but EOTS over and over again, I was very lucky to not miss out on that. I almost have all peices now...

I know you can buy heroic, but can you buy raid gear with JP's later? When will I see the raid gear available for JP's? I was looking at the SW vendors and they only had heroics for JP's. They had raid gear, but it was for 1 token (which I assume you get from running raids).

I know you can buy heroic, but can you buy raid gear with JP's later? When will I see the raid gear available for JP's? I was looking at the SW vendors and they only had heroics for JP's. They had raid gear, but it was for 1 token (which I assume you get from running raids).

Ok, what I ment was save your JP for gear you intend to raid with or do heroics with. Early expantion the gear from heroics is very minimal over what you get normally with a few exceptions. The stuff you get with JP is usually pretty dang decent and will help better with raids.

You'll also need it to increase your ilvl range, there isn't cheat gear out yet to help you sneak into anything yet so you'll need to do the good'ole grind right now.

don't buy anything old world, if you you want to use your JP for heirloom go for it, its awesome leveling gear for your new characters.

Alright thanks. Ill wait a bit before i buy to let the newness phase drop. I remember rolling a dk when wrath came out and it was hair pulling being in groups of 4/5 dk and having to fight for loot. Lived my dk though so i stuck with it. He's still my main. Looking forward to getting this at the end of the month.

Hehe Decided to take a chance and resubb for 3 months or so to see what's up. Still had my old toons and they even leveled one of them up to 80 once i got my account back in order. (Totally forgot the login/PW.. :( and had to get it merged) Was not fond of staying on the phone with blizzard for an hour tho.
They also gave me cataclysm for free since i already had the previous ones so not too shabby i guess. May get the new expansion if i decide to stay a bit.
Only thing i'm not looking forward to is regearing, but as i most likely will take it slow, it shouldn't be too bad hopefully.

Hehe Decided to take a chance and resubb for 3 months or so to see what's up. Still had my old toons and they even leveled one of them up to 80 once i got my account back in order. (Totally forgot the login/PW.. :( and had to get it merged) Was not fond of staying on the phone with blizzard for an hour tho.
They also gave me cataclysm for free since i already had the previous ones so not too shabby i guess. May get the new expansion if i decide to stay a bit.
Only thing i'm not looking forward to is regearing, but as i most likely will take it slow, it shouldn't be too bad hopefully.

Regear with greens, while leveling don't spend money on anything gear wise. Once max level still don't spend any money on any gear unless its substantial upgrade or you hit your max till you get into heroics/raiding.

It doesn't take very long anymore to gear up at max level, unless you are into "maxing" then that will take forever and the results will be less then pleasing.

I want to play it. However, I feel that cataclysm was only half an expansion and I got ripped off. Paying another $40 for MoP would basically be paying $80 for two half expansions. From what I'm hearing from friends its just another version of cataclysm and we'll be hearing about another 2 million subscriber loss in the next months. Then it will be free via recruit and friend and I'll re-up.

Yeah...this early in the expansion you're going to have plenty of extremely poorly geared players in PVP.

someone in my guild told me last night that the best gear in MoP is from dailies, not raids.. this true?

Dailies give you valor points that let you buy 483 ilvl epics from the rep vendors with valor points. You will need like a month of dailies to be able to buy 1 piece with the amount of valor they cost.

someone in my guild told me last night that the best gear in MoP is from dailies, not raids.. this true?

Some of the best yes, and you can get these faster through raiding, not sure if you would really enjoy daily grinding to get one peice.

I want to play it. However, I feel that cataclysm was only half an expansion and I got ripped off. Paying another $40 for MoP would basically be paying $80 for two half expansions. From what I'm hearing from friends its just another version of cataclysm and we'll be hearing about another 2 million subscriber loss in the next months. Then it will be free via recruit and friend and I'll re-up.

How was it only half?

They made up for the crappy'ness with the last major content patch in my opinion.

There must be a lot of money in targeting softcore minds of girls and preteens these days :( what wow has become is absurd to me, and I didn't really need blizzard to take this turn in these times of abandonment. Old school gamers have almost been ditched completely. At least hitman absolution and path of exile is looking good. Until then I'm playing flight simulator..... lol

Have fun with your pet duels!

I'm really liking MoP. Its not amazingly different but enough to be fun again. Having a great time with the story and beautiful new zones.

yep.. I agree..

for me.. Im really enjoying it. Hit 90 last night with my mage... now needing to work the gear up enough for heroics..

Gah! About a 21 GB download but it finished before i woke up this morning. :)
Thanks for the gearing info btw...
I'm worried that i may not enjoy it as much as i used to, but if i don't i can just play till the sub runs out...lol
(I've spent more on movies and games in a week before so affordable atm) :p

I left wow about 2 years ago, after finishing the firelands raids. Is it worth to come back or still same stuff?

I did the exact same thing. I quit right around the time firelands came out. After playing since BC I became bored of the game. I have purchased MoP and I do like it so far. Leveling to 90 was enjoyable and gearing up in Heroics has been fun as well. At this point I don't have time to raid or PVP much but there seems to be a lot of stuff to do besides those things.

MoP feels like a mix between BC and Wrath if that helps.

I left wow about 2 years ago, after finishing the firelands raids. Is it worth to come back or still same stuff?

Firelands came out last year in patch 4.2.0. So not sure your timeline is right.

If you want to raid the new content then that's up to you. There is only 1 new raid zone with 2 more coming in the next few months so a total of 3 new raids will be out in the next 4+ months. Plus there is level 90 , pet battles , new PVP BG's , new Arena season , new class , new race and of course new gear.

I would argue that this expansion is likely one of the most content rich without pause. So if you come back and only play for around 4 months you'll get more than your money's worth I'm sure.

That's what i figure on doing. If i like it still after 3 months i'll continue....

I resubbed again after being frozen since January '11. Decided $15 would be worth it for the amount of content I haven't been able to play yet, which includes all the Alliance zones/quests from the Cataclysm.

I started from scratch (level 1) since I don't have many Alliance characters, and I've done several dungeons already. At least half of those consisted of a bot and/or a ninja-looter. Argh. And then there's the timer where you can't kick anyone during combat or shortly after, and nothing really happens since they can just keep pulling to avoid getting kicked.

Back