WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

Patch 5.1 announced : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7481208/Mists_of_Pandaria_-_Patch_51_PTR_Coming_Soon-10_5_2012

Pandaria and the War of Conquest
While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will find Horde and Alliance expeditions arriving in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between these factions to the fore. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Brawler’s Guild
Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Pet Battles Improvements
Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Item Upgrades
You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

The Quest Continues
Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.
Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare to release Patch 5.1 for testing!

I gotta hand it to Blizzard , they are on the ball with keeping this expansion rolling smoothly. Not bad.

Good god, my server is dead. I bought MoP, resubbed, and my 500+ person guild had TWELVE people active this week. Orgrimmar was a ghost town--37 people from 0-90. There was less than one page of bags being sold on the AH.

US-Medivh-PVE. Stay far, far away. I saw people on the official forums begging for a merger, but Blizzard will never do that, and I am not giving them $30 to fix their problem.

wow! Sorry to hear about Medvih. Im tempted to resub. New lore been out since firelands. My mains are on twisting nether.

I submitted a ticket asking if I could get the Scroll of Resurrection rewards since since I recently reactivated my account and didn't have anyone to use it on me (I used a scroll on my friend instead). Took a couple days, but they finally replied with:

We will absolutely grant you the Scroll of Resurrection rewards!

The only thing we cannot give out is the mount, but that would have gone to your friend anyways.

So, please respond to this ticket with the following information and we'll get the rewards started for you. OH! I almost forgot, I added a free 7 days to your account!

What character would you like boosted to 80? (sorry we can't boost monks)
What spec?
Does that character need a transfer?
Does that character need a faction change?

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to submit another ticket, or give us a call. ^_^
Nice. We switched factions and to a different server, so I plan to create a level 1, stick 20k gold on it (this is the max you can transfer, unfortunately), and faction & server transfer it while boosting to 80.

Last edited:
Good god, my server is dead. I bought MoP, resubbed, and my 500+ person guild had TWELVE people active this week. Orgrimmar was a ghost town--37 people from 0-90. There was less than one page of bags being sold on the AH.

US-Medivh-PVE. Stay far, far away. I saw people on the official forums begging for a merger, but Blizzard will never do that, and I am not giving them $30 to fix their problem.

Thorium Brotherhood server is the same way.

OMG I made a Monk healer and I decided to ask a 90 Monk what I should be wearing. So I did /who Monk 90 on Horde side. One result found.

/who 90 on Horde comes up with 33 people. Last night at 8pm it was 49. So how often does Blizzard do free transfers? 49 isn't enough for 2 raids!

not sure if i like "item upgrades" for valor, seems suspicously like "waste your valor on upgrading a peice of gear that could easily be replaced instead of "upgraded"

lol at all the servers being down, clearly due to the recent hack that mass kills everyone in cities

today is the first time in 3 years that I've had WoW installed on my computer

I figured I'd take a peek at the new stuff

And then the servers are all down due to hackers

It is a sign from the heavens

Are you serious or did I miss it, the max results for /who is 49

Well, like I said, on my server it doesn't even hit 49 on a Saturday afternoon.

I think AH listings are more indicative of players being active. 3 BoE MoP blues on Horde AH. Less than a full page of bags. 25 minute estimated queue time for dungeon finder, actually never popped on me 3/4 times.

Wherever these new million subscribers are, they are not on Medivh. Shit, I remember hour long queue times and world firsts on Medivh. Now it's empty.

I submitted a ticket asking if I could get the Scroll of Resurrection rewards since since I recently reactivated my account and didn't have anyone to use it on me (I used a scroll on my friend instead). Took a couple days, but they finally replied with:

Nice. We switched factions and to a different server, so I plan to create a level 1, stick 20k gold on it (this is the max you can transfer, unfortunately), and faction & server transfer it while boosting to 80.

When I use to play wow and sold gold, I'd occasionally get people from other servers that wanted a large quantity. What I did was make sandstone drakes and just sell them on the other server for cheaper than anyone else and still turn a profit on them as well. Was great for moving large amounts of gold, just required a little work of making the flask and then selling it on the new server.

Well, like I said, on my server it doesn't even hit 49 on a Saturday afternoon.

I think AH listings are more indicative of players being active. 3 BoE MoP blues on Horde AH. Less than a full page of bags. 25 minute estimated queue time for dungeon finder, actually never popped on me 3/4 times.

Wherever these new million subscribers are, they are not on Medivh. Shit, I remember hour long queue times and world firsts on Medivh. Now it's empty.

I know up till december 2011/jan 2012 when i quit, dungeon finder for dps was 20 to 30 minutes.. so really hasnt changed much. :) Wish my main was pally/druid instead of lock.

OMG I made a Monk healer and I decided to ask a 90 Monk what I should be wearing. So I did /who Monk 90 on Horde side. One result found.

/who 90 on Horde comes up with 33 people. Last night at 8pm it was 49. So how often does Blizzard do free transfers? 49 isn't enough for 2 raids!

Well some servers are basically ghost towns. Blue replied on the forum that Blizzard is considering consolidating lots of servers but with the increased demand of the expac they think it would be the wrong time to do so since many people (like yourself) will play the expac for a couple of months and likely quit.

However I'm on illidan and its PACKED , sometimes there is a 2+ hour que. Personally I don't mind , I log into WoW well before I know I can play then when I can play I'm in and ready to go. Plus there are tons of players running around so I never feel like its empty.

I kind of enjoy being on an overstuffed server honestly.

Well some servers are basically ghost towns. Blue replied on the forum that Blizzard is considering consolidating lots of servers but with the increased demand of the expac they think it would be the wrong time to do so since many people (like yourself) will play the expac for a couple of months and likely quit.

However I'm on illidan and its PACKED , sometimes there is a 2+ hour que. Personally I don't mind , I log into WoW well before I know I can play then when I can play I'm in and ready to go. Plus there are tons of players running around so I never feel like its empty.

I kind of enjoy being on an overstuffed server honestly.

Then they should consolidate them now while people are still around to consolidate. I'm much more likely to quit if they do not consolidate them. I'm basically playing a single player game.

Regarding the DPS queue timer... We usually end up waiting for DPS now and my hunter friend says that he has insta pops more often then now.

There are no battlegroups anymore I think... all servers are in the same pool and you will see virtually every server when running around in zones. You can even group with people, cross server, in regular zones. Just not major cities.

Regarding the DPS queue timer... We usually end up waiting for DPS now and my hunter friend says that he has insta pops more often then now.

There are no battlegroups anymore I think... all servers are in the same pool and you will see virtually every server when running around in zones. You can even group with people, cross server, in regular zones. Just not major cities.

Before Tanks had the instant queue and DPS was about 15-20 minutes

Yeah, it's pretty instant for everyone now. Much nicer and a lot of nostalgia in playing through everything again. It's been fun to pull entire rooms on my monk tank, in rapid succession. XD

I watched my daughter play as a panda bear yesterday on her start edition, and it just looks awful. It's bad enough they used that cartoon looking "artstyle" but now it looks even more cartoon if that were even possible. Hey my 10 and 8 year old kids love it though, so the target audience is happy.

Man.. doing dungeons in the morning sucks. Lowbie dungeons are either full of bots or people speaking spanish/portugese (not sure which) who do <10% of the total damage.

Man.. doing dungeons in the morning sucks. Lowbie dungeons are either full of bots or people speaking spanish/portugese (not sure which) who do <10% of the total damage.

LOL, sounds like downtown for me here. Mornings on weekdays suck, and you can't understand anyone.

For real though, how are people liking it overall, not counting the fact that some servers blow ass and that mornings suck (Idk...they always did...).

+1 to this.

I was getting pissed off cause I kept dying against the last boss on that typhoon cat dungeon and everyone in my group only spoke portugese. I finally figured out later that I had to stay in his electric triangle thingy but not till after I died 5 times.

I usually play for a month or two when a new expansion comes to get my toon to the max level cap. This time I started a Monk from level 1 and I love how they essentially rebooted the vanilla quests and instances. Feels pretty refreshing and I like the way they re-did talents, really enjoying WOW this time around!

LOL, sounds like downtown for me here. Mornings on weekdays suck, and you can't understand anyone.

For real though, how are people liking it overall, not counting the fact that some servers blow ass and that mornings suck (Idk...they always did...).

I had not played WoW since the first month of Cataclysm and had quit due to the game feeling like more of the same; I had played since WoW vanilla beta.

My co-workers actually bought me this expansion and in playing with my wife as panda monks we've had a blast. We could (and have) two manned dungeons and now with us being level 81 we are hitting the Cataclysm content again. It's been really nostalgic for us so far. WoW did give us a lot of fun memories, so it's been cool to go through it again now.

Regarding server pops, I am not sure about other servers but I am on smolderthorn-US horde and I have never had to wait for anything as far as groups or dungeons. With all servers being 'merged' on a virtual level, then except for major cities it always feels populated.

To each their own though, I never thought i'd be back and it took my friends buying it for me, but I am having fun with it now.

yes, that helps in certain aspects, but it dont help in auction house/crafters and major cities.

anyone else feel that the questing path from zone to zone is a complete mess? I've seem to hit a brick wall at lvl 88+ it's like being back in vanilla wow. I run and run and go from point to point across an entire zone and there's just like 1 quest here, 2 here and then nothing and am forced to run 10min to the next spot to only find 2-3 quests and then nothing.

It feels like I'm questing in vanilla again.

anyone else feel that the questing path from zone to zone is a complete mess? I've seem to hit a brick wall at lvl 88+ it's like being back in vanilla wow. I run and run and go from point to point across an entire zone and there's just like 1 quest here, 2 here and then nothing and am forced to run 10min to the next spot to only find 2-3 quests and then nothing.

well isnt that what everyone wants? I constantly hear how vanilla was so much better so be happy i guess?

I watched my daughter play as a panda bear yesterday on her start edition, and it just looks awful. It's bad enough they used that cartoon looking "artstyle" but now it looks even more cartoon if that were even possible. Hey my 10 and 8 year old kids love it though, so the target audience is happy.

I agree on that statement.

WoW is from 2004 , granted the graphics are outdated but the art style is remains one of the drawing features of the game. In fact WoW is beloved for its art style so I would say the majority of its player base strongly disagrees with you and the art style is in fact one of the few things people tend to enjoy about the game regardless of their play style , age and/or type of player (casual or hardcore).

WoW is not targeted to 10 and 8 year old's like nearly every MMO I've played (minus the Disney ones) its targeted toward teens on up , in fact based on how the player base is and the language and attitude problems people have just in regular online gaming I would seriously consider NOT letting my own kids (if I had any) play an MMO where in trade chat , general chat and in tells people often are downright vulgar and predatory speaking of strong sexual content and drug usage and I would not let my 10 and 8 years experience that. (This whole sentence is NSFW by the way) Listening to people talk about someone's mother who has rotten pussy juice in general chat or how another person in trade chat recently (2 days ago actually in Org) chatted about how he was fucking his GF in her ass and he pulled out and it protracted her anus (DO NOT LOOK THIS UP IT WILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS) at the same moment in time. Even when the language filter is enabled , WoW does not catch everything like nearly any MMO.

Its fine if you don't like the game and you are entitled to your opinion but I've been playing the game since 2004 (going on 8 years now roughly on and off) and you should at least watch them play and make sure no one is exposing them to some kind of awful shit like that. I would honestly NEVER recommend WoW to an 8 and 10 year old age range if all you do is sometimes peak in on what they are doing , I would play it with them and shelter them from that kind of shit.

Last edited:
WoW is from 2004 , granted the graphics are outdated but the art style is remains one of the drawing features of the game. In fact WoW is beloved for its art style so I would say the majority of its player base strongly disagrees with you and the art style is in fact one of the few things people tend to enjoy about the game regardless of their play style , age and/or type of player (casual or hardcore).

WoW is not targeted to 10 and 8 year old's like nearly every MMO I've played (minus the Disney ones) its targeted toward teens on up , in fact based on how the player base is and the language and attitude problems people have just in regular online gaming I would seriously consider NOT letting my own kids (if I had any) play an MMO where in trade chat , general chat and in tells people often are downright vulgar and predatory speaking of strong sexual content and drug usage and I would not let my 10 and 8 years experience that. (This whole sentence is NSFW by the way) Listening to people talk about someone's mother who has rotten pussy juice in general chat or how another person in trade chat recently (2 days ago actually in Org) chatted about how he was fucking his GF in her ass and he pulled out and it protracted her anus (DO NOT LOOK THIS UP IT WILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS) at the same moment in time. Even when the language filter is enabled , WoW does not catch everything like nearly any MMO.

Its fine if you don't like the game and you are entitled to your opinion but I've been playing the game since 2004 (going on 8 years now roughly on and off) and you should at least watch them play and make sure no one is exposing them to some kind of awful shit like that. I would honestly NEVER recommend WoW to an 8 and 10 year old age range if all you do is sometimes peak in on what they are doing , I would play it with them and shelter them from that kind of shit.

Remove chat (or at the very least General and Trade), problem solved.

Remove chat (or at the very least General and Trade), problem solved.

Then you pretty much cut out the social aspect of the entire game which neuters experience. You could just play it with your kids some , provides you with another way to connect with your kids and doesn't rob them of the decent part of social interaction online.

However as I mentioned before , these games are rated for Teens on up for a reason.

(This whole sentence is NSFW by the way) Listening to people talk about someone's mother who has rotten pussy juice in general chat or how another person in trade chat recently (2 days ago actually in Org) chatted about how he was fucking his GF in her ass and he pulled out and it protracted her anus (DO NOT LOOK THIS UP IT WILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS) at the same moment in time.

....WTF?

What is wrong with people.

No, I feel the complete opposite. Everything has a quest hub, you go there, do them all, and the next quests directs you to the next area/zone. Rinse and repeat. I finished all of the quests in the first three MoP zones without even realizing it until the achievement popped.

No, I feel the complete opposite. Everything has a quest hub, you go there, do them all, and the next quests directs you to the next area/zone. Rinse and repeat. I finished all of the quests in the first three MoP zones without even realizing it until the achievement popped.

Vanilla quests were too tough for catakids and wrathbabies ^_^

You often had to actually read the quest text in order to figure out where to go or what to do :eek:

Last edited:
Vanilla quests were too tough for catakids and wrathbabies ^_^

You often had to actually read the quest text in order to figure out where or what to do :eek:

While I like the way the game is now in terms of questing, making it more accessible to a lot more people, I do miss the tougher quests and not having indicators and all that shit.

I run an add-on called Ignore More, it allows you to ignore more people than the WoW default and the list is shared between toons. Just ignore anyone who spams Anal, Thunderfury, or those who seem to drop N-bombs every other word and the chat channels become a whole lot more tolerable.

^^ wonder why that bothers people so much.... just don't look at the chat box if it bothers you that bad?

Back