WoW 3.0, thoughts/comments?

Uh, that's not true since even the beta allowed the use of the boats. One more boat will be added there in order to get to the Howling Fjord in Northrend. I don't see the point as to why it'd be disabled since there are 2 boats that still go to Kalimdor. Can anyone else clarify this?

I've been WoW free for just over a month and I still don't have the urge to pick up the expansion. Not saying anything bad about the new content just proud of myself of breaking that terrible addiction.

Also helped that I burned my bridges by deleting all my toons. :D

Boats are still in Menethil Harbor. Been taking it to Theramore about 3 times already.

I've been WoW free for just over a month and I still don't have the urge to pick up the expansion. Not saying anything bad about the new content just proud of myself of breaking that terrible addiction.

Grats, I've been on and off for 4 years and deleted a 40ish mage once, won't do that ever again.

In the same vein, I've recently started back up with the new update, love the looks. However, PvP is so freaking fast, I need to relearn the game! Still fun though.

And tell us, is your life any better?

We will be waiting for you in Azeroth. Come back! Come back!:D

My comment was in response to the poster who posted above me. Leveling 1-60 to prot isn't nearly efficient as arms or fury and there is NO POINT because you won't be tanking anything from 1-60. Please read before you have nerd rage.

I myself am specced prot and will be prot for leveling in the expansion from 70-80.

I don't understand. I don't have a lot of experience leveling as arms or fury - I always got frustrated at how quickly I would die and how little punishment I could take compared to prot, plus the fact that prot is more forgiving if you do get into a bad situation.

That being said, I can't see how fury or arms or as efficient as prot any more. It seems to me that a slightly increased killing speed is offset by more time resting between mobs. The only thing that is slowing me down now is taking time out to level BS and do the BS quests.

Okay, maybe PvE PuG or guild tanking isn't as intense as "real" RAID tanking, but it is still tanking. You are still trying to absorb punishment and deal threat while deflecting such from the squishies. And now prot wars have even more tools to help them do that. YOU may not tank from 1-60, but I have, and I get plenty of offers every day which I don't take people up on.

What exactly is WoW 3.0? I haven't played that game since launch, when I played for like 2months. I looked at the first page and saw somebody mention a minor graphics update. Is that what it is?

What exactly is WoW 3.0? I haven't played that game since launch, when I played for like 2months. I looked at the first page and saw somebody mention a minor graphics update. Is that what it is?

WOW 3.0 is what WOW will be with the new expansion, Wrath of the Lich King.

When Burning Crusade came out, the game was bumped up to 2.0. Now with another expansion, the game is bumping up to 3.0.

I don't understand. I don't have a lot of experience leveling as arms or fury - I always got frustrated at how quickly I would die and how little punishment I could take compared to prot, plus the fact that prot is more forgiving if you do get into a bad situation.

That being said, I can't see how fury or arms or as efficient as prot any more. It seems to me that a slightly increased killing speed is offset by more time resting between mobs. The only thing that is slowing me down now is taking time out to level BS and do the BS quests.

Okay, maybe PvE PuG or guild tanking isn't as intense as "real" RAID tanking, but it is still tanking. You are still trying to absorb punishment and deal threat while deflecting such from the squishies. And now prot wars have even more tools to help them do that. YOU may not tank from 1-60, but I have, and I get plenty of offers every day which I don't take people up on.

If leveling 1-60 as prot spec works for you then more power to you. I leveled my warriors(yes two, sad isn't it) pre-tbc so there was plenty of tanking to do pre-60 but being prot was never a real benefit over arms/fury to me until the level 60 raiding scene. I tanked a lot of things successfully as a 31/5/15 warrior.

Now with the 3.0.2 patch, prot warriors post 70 are doing amazing damage and are fun to play. I have yet to try arms or fury though post patch because I plan on helping my guild a lot soon with WOTLK.

If leveling 1-60 as prot spec works for you then more power to you. I leveled my warriors(yes two, sad isn't it) pre-tbc so there was plenty of tanking to do pre-60 but being prot was never a real benefit over arms/fury to me until the level 60 raiding scene. I tanked a lot of things successfully as a 31/5/15 warrior.

Now with the 3.0.2 patch, prot warriors post 70 are doing amazing damage and are fun to play. I have yet to try arms or fury though post patch because I plan on helping my guild a lot soon with WOTLK.

Never a truer thing has been said.

I am leveling my fury spec warrior and I am glad that when I switch to PROT later I will still be able to crank out some damage.

SW harbor is where the boat to Auberdine is.
Menethil is where the boat to Theramore is.

They changed it with the latest patch.

The 30% nerf to hp in raids is freaking insane.Me and my guild beasted through clearing sunwell and bt in one night.We had been farming kj for a few months before that.

1 day a week raids,just crazy.Time to rest up for xpac :p

oh and I'm a fire mage,was pushing 3k dps with no ele shaman or boomkin on brut after patch :x pretty nuts

Has anyone completed the achievement "Leeeeeeeeroy!"? You have to kill 50 whelps under 15 seconds at UBRS. The reward for that is the title <name> Jenkins!

I worked my ass off to get the title "Guardian of Cenarius". totally worth the grind in Silithus :D I like achievements, gives me something to do other than stand around waiting to raid.

Its really dissapointing how they changed healing gear to just spell power, all the money spent on the enchants and gem recipes just makes me sad :(

I was looking at that achievement just today, and I'm totally going for it lol. I'm like a couple thousand away from getting exalted with CE, and did CC rep long ago. Encrypted Twilight Text has scarred my mind forever x_X!

"To All The Squirrels I Loved Before" - What do you do to get this achievment? Kill them? It says something about /love in the description but I tried doing that too and nothing came of it.

I love that my Rogue can finally use Daggers again. Im having a lot of fun not having to run around in circles using mutilate.

"To All The Squirrels I Loved Before" - What do you do to get this achievment? Kill them? It says something about /love in the description but I tried doing that too and nothing came of it.

You actually have to /love a hefty number of critters (I think 21 total), including Northrend critters. If you take a look at the list on the achievements page, the ones you're accomplished so far will be highlighted green. The rest is unfinished. It's impossible to achieve at the moment since it requires access to Northrend to complete.

Any arena Warriors out there?

I haven’t specced mine since the patch yet, and I’m kind of lost. From what I’ve heard, the DPS is better all around, but arms/fury lack survivability (even more so). With the new burst damage available to all classes, supposedly Warriors are targeted a lot more.

Prot is supposed to be viable in PvP now with more damage, stuns, ways to get out of snares etc. It could be better in 3’s or 5’s, but 2v2 I think would drag on for even longer. I welcome all opinions and builds.

Arena and PvP are broke currently at the moment. Every class is back to being able to 2-shot everyone else.

You actually have to /love a hefty number of critters (I think 21 total), including Northrend critters. If you take a look at the list on the achievements page, the ones you're accomplished so far will be highlighted green. The rest is unfinished. It's impossible to achieve at the moment since it requires access to Northrend to complete.

So how do you actually do it though? Target the critter and then type /love?

You're aces Crimson! Thanks...

Always glad to help :) The achievements should be an interesting endeavor for me. I was looking a few of them that I can complete by easily doing 1 or 2 more checkmarks on what's needed to have one awarded to me. Exploration will be the quickest for anyone to get I think.

Arena and PvP are broke currently at the moment. Every class is back to being able to 2-shot everyone else.

The only class that I've seen two shot another class was a Ret Paladin. They've already been tweaked a bit on the beta.

The only thing broke in Arena's is the insane amount of lag and instance aborted, instance not found bug.

Aspect of Hawk..pew pew pew..low mana? Switch to Aspect of Viper for one mob...full mana then switch back to Aspect of Hawk..

Was grinding quests in the first part of Outlands(first time I had a toon over 50 before) and was going at killing shit for like an hour+ without sitting..

Always glad to help :) The achievements should be an interesting endeavor for me. I was looking a few of them that I can complete by easily doing 1 or 2 more checkmarks on what's needed to have one awarded to me. Exploration will be the quickest for anyone to get I think.

I need to go back and REDO some of the instances it says I have not done. Which should actually be really fun with my prot warrior. Going to wait till 70 and see if I can solo most of them.

And yeah, I find myself looking at areas of the map that aren't explored with an eye towards the AP's. ;)

Well I've been so busy with work and other crap the past week I finally got my UI and talent points all in order again this weekend. Man what a big difference. Im a lock and stayed Affliction and im just tearing through mobs like nothing. I usually dont even have enough time to throw all my DOT's on em before their dead. Plus the leveling is going really fast now which is nice. Im still playing my first toon and was lvl 64 on friday night..as of last night i was 66...this is making that run to 70 go alot easier. :)

my server is still broken, nothing like a 15 min lock up in middle of Hyjal and BT...

Ok, so I like my Priest a little more now. Disc is mean. The 51pt talent is quite amazing... just a shame we cant use it on ourselves. The glyphs are awesome, def. like the added flexibility they provide.

My Druid is still great, gonna keep him feral instead of Resto I believe, it's fun.

Rogues are insane, the combat 51pt is rediculous. I was dueling Rogues and they would take me to half health (My Priest has just shy of 13k, and 470+ resil) with that talent alone.

Mages, Arcane is awesome now. Played on my friend's, it's fun as hell.

Haven't really touched the others yet.

The changes have made me love the game again. I quit before BC and just got back into it more recently. I cant stop doing acievements right now and have been doing them since release of new patch. The game is alot more enjoyable because the one thing I hated about WoW was that I had to have no life to get the best gear in the game. Ive been playing since before the game was even out and believe me these changes are the best blizzard has released yet. Anyone that complains about the pots in raids should go back to preBC where we would farm for 3 days straight for mats for the resistance pots to do Naxx.

The reason why they took the uniqueness away in the characters is so small guilds can now do some raiding without having to have 100+ people in guild to get some diversity to go do end game content. Now you just have to have 10-20 good players who know their class well and anyone can do the end game content whcih is great. Now you dont have to always rely on everyone in your guild to be on at once to go do something.

I'll be the first one to admit I used to love flexing my epeen in Ironforge in full tier 3 when most people couldn't clear BWL. But im also happy beacuse I no longer have to waste my life away on something that gives me no benefit to life other than personal enjoyment. So this patch is definantly good to a casual player style

I preordered WotLK and cant wait!!!

I need to go back and REDO some of the instances it says I have not done. Which should actually be really fun with my prot warrior. Going to wait till 70 and see if I can solo most of them.

And yeah, I find myself looking at areas of the map that aren't explored with an eye towards the AP's. ;)

Same here =( for some reason Aq40 didint show up in my aceivements and I have the damn chest to prove I did it!! My guess is they did that to make the useless instances blizzard made to keep people busy preBC to go back to and complete. Aq40 and Naxx still are my two favorite instances out of all of them so I dont mind.

Anyone remember when UBRS used to be a 40 man? =)

Sunday afternoon I toke my prot paly into schoolo to kick it and get the achievement, solo style.

It was a walk in the park.

Anyone remember when UBRS used to be a 40 man? =)

No, was it? I remember it being a 15 man, and I remember back when guilds would actually run it and post in the progression thread when they downed Drakk, but I never recall it being a 40 man.

No, was it? I remember it being a 15 man, and I remember back when guilds would actually run it and post in the progression thread when they downed Drakk, but I never recall it being a 40 man.

Yeah, you would have to be an old timer to know. It was a 40 man that was mainly pubbed until MC was coming out and they reduced the cap to get more people geared for it MC. MC didint even have visuals on the tier 1 gear for about 2 patches. My druid looked like I was wearing a bunch of twill gear. Just some food for thought if you didint know =).

Yeah, you would have to be an old timer to know. It was a 40 man that was mainly pubbed until MC was coming out and they reduced the cap to get more people geared for it MC. MC didint even have visuals on the tier 1 gear for about 2 patches. My druid looked like I was wearing a bunch of twill gear. Just some food for thought if you didint know =).

I played since beta, but in retail I took forever and a day to hit 60, so yeah I guess I did miss that.

I had played an Alliance Paladin in beta, but friends wanted to go Horde. I started as a Shaman since I figured it would be the same thing (I was more for the healing and buffing). They ended up being nothing alike, so I rerolled a lock when I was about 3/4 of the way to 60. I remember rolling one because they were almost impossible to find back then heh. By the time I got close to 60 I remember doing massive BRD raids, but never UBRS. Might have been more than 15, but I never remember doing a full 40 before my first MC. I do remember the unchanged tier gear. Not t1, but t2. When I got my Nemesis Skullcap it still looked like some level 30 turbiny thing :)

Sunday afternoon I toke my prot paly into schoolo to kick it and get the achievement, solo style.

It was a walk in the park.

Are you 70? I was thinking about trying it on my prot tank at 66.
However, the account expired yesterday so I'll have to do some fast talking to get a new sub. :D

Even with the changes, I won't go back to tanking. Way too much of a bore for me despite the slightly higher (but not great) damage output & higher max HP/DEF/Armor. I love being a fury warrior & tearing through mobs, which the new patch greatly decreases the amount of time to do.

Look up my warrior if you'd like on wowarmory.com
Shadowfyre - Glory of War - Lightning's Blade

Are you 70? I was thinking about trying it on my prot tank at 66.
However, the account expired yesterday so I'll have to do some fast talking to get a new sub. :D

yea my paly is 70. the only thing that caused any trouble was the last boss that kept teleporting me around. With holy wrath being instant cast now though the minor glyph of pwn undead the adds in the rooms teleported two where just gone.

I was soloing the trash mobs in sh to work on my lower city rep but I could not solo the first boss yet. The 3rd wave of elementals did me in.

Back