WoW 3.0, thoughts/comments?

I am hearing that Prot tanks are actually doing really good damage now, which is good news.

I talked to a guy with dual wield and he had two handers in each slot. He said he didn't like it and was missing a lot. He was purpled out and level 70. Although I have to tell you, I may still have to try this out. Dual wielding two handed weapons just sounds awesome!

Can I get some more info on the herbs thing? Why have prices gone up for stacks of herbs?

For the time being, PvP is similar to before TBC. Encounters go quick and people seem to be 2-shotting left and right. Some classes also got some odd knockback moves which makes Eye of the Storm interesting.

Can I get some more info on the herbs thing? Why have prices gone up for stacks of herbs?
Inscription has a sub-skill called Milling, which is similar to Jewelcrafting's Prospecting, which uses herbs to create pigments. Prices of low-level herbs skyrocketed because lots of people want to power level Inscription.

Prot war's do a decent amount more dmg, its much like the 40's lvl of prot level warriors

Enh shamans pve dmg is badass, its easily top 5 to #1

Resto shaman's took over as raid healer, main healer not so much

Haunt warlocks are insane, not much to go into that one, which also includes both PVE and PVP

Inscription has a sub-skill called Milling, which is similar to Jewelcrafting's Prospecting, which uses herbs to create pigments. Prices of low-level herbs skyrocketed because lots of people want to power level Inscription.

Yeah, I might actually just farm herbs for a while and amass gold.

I did notice however that typical sites where I would farm herbs and mine have a lot less herbs now, don't know if they did this on purpose or if people are just gathering so much it affected the drop rate.

Last night we went to BT for s&g.
Normally I am only the OT since I can not generate as much threat as fast being a prot paly (Yolande on Area 52).
During the first attempt (someone noobed it up on throwing the spike back at him....) on High Warlord Naj'entus I was a few hundred TPS behind the MT. During the wipe I told the MT I was going to pull agro from him. Not only did I pull agro I was 100k TPS ahead of him.

Inscription is pretty awsome too... although my GF has a problem with spending all her money to level it.... she is almost at max... but has made at leas 1500+g from selling scrolls... now seem to be leveling out and scrolls are cheap though

Ive been having fun running around getting acheivments

i knew getting the UBRS key would pay off... .im now a Jenkins :p

Herb prices will level off. It's just like the situation with the last expansion when jc was new and ore prices shot through the roof. I'm kind of glad ore still higher than it used to be though. A miner can make a lot of gold with only a little effort, even at low levels.

A prot war best fits my play style, and so that's what I've been leveling. I'm 39 now, and I can attest that prot has received a huge buff. Revenge and C. blow both do huge damage. My revenge crits were doing about 300 before patch, and now they do 500. And they seem to crit a lot. I was fighting the L38 burning blade locks in the demon coven in Desolace earlier this evening, and I was 2-shotting them (and 1-shotting their demon minions). Since when has a prot war ever two shot anything? Unbelievable. And I get SS next level. I fought a L37 elite basilisk a little later and 4-shot him, while taking no damage. Other encounters and quests which were hard before are now a lot easier.

Rage is a nonissue. Often I finish skirmishes with a full rage bar (and very little damage taken). It is really a low-stress way to level. And that's without Focused Rage, and without the Revenge glyph that gives me free HS after Revenge. (I'm waiting for glyph prices to decrease a little more - money is tight since I have been buying a lot of recipes and leveling BS as I go, and have not been as conscientious about farming and selling ore as I was initially).

I haven't been around since the very beginning, but it seems to me like Prot Wars got the biggest buffs of any class in a very long time.

Yeah, the herb thing has already died down substantially. I am really glad I focused on leveling herbs and mining in the early stages of my toons life.
I am lvl 43 now, and a fury spec warrior. It seems like I am doing less crits now, but I am not done respecing.

Rage seems to fill up tons quicker.

Also it seems like the rested bonus lasts longer. Maybe it is just me, but I really think it does.

I have a 70 Rogue and a 49 twinked out warrior on one server and I started another War on my brother's server. I'm not too sure what spec I'm going to start him on, but we'll see. I'm thinking of going prot just for the hell of it, but I don't think getting ganked while prot spec'd is going to be fun at all.

It was amazing to log back in after a while, spec to 0/5/56 retribution and find myself actually laying waste to elites -- a la rogues -- with both sustained (Seal of the Martyr ftw!) and the mega-burst damage from Divine Storm, Judgements and Crusader Strike, and all I have are mostly quest greens and a few random AH blues with cheap enchants. I can only imagine what it's like for epic-geared paladins.

Then I saw the nerf announcement from the designers, and felt sad again.

It was amazing to log back in after a while, spec to 0/5/56 retribution and find myself actually laying waste to elites -- a la rogues -- with both sustained (Seal of the Martyr ftw!) and the mega-burst damage from Divine Storm, Judgements and Crusader Strike, and all I have are mostly quest greens and a few random AH blues with cheap enchants. I can only imagine what it's like for epic-geared paladins.

Then I saw the nerf announcement from the designers, and felt sad again.

Good, its absolutely ridiculous. As a Resto Shaman, there's almost no point in PVP'ing any more. Everyone has increased stuns and movement impairment and we still have no defense.

What was the nerf announcement?

Seriously, did they not beta test this? Why not fix it before it goes live rather then let the people who weren't in open or closed beta get a taste and then take it away?

Again, what nerf announcement?
And I can't visit the site from work so can some kind soul cut and paste?

Ghostcrawler said:
As I stated yesterday, we are happy with Ret's PvE damage and sustatined damage in PvP, but were concerned that the burst damage in PvP could be too high. We discussed this for literally hours yesterday, which was certainly not the first time we have discussed the issue. Thus I hope these changes are not perceived as a knee-jerk reaction, but I am sure that will depend a great deal on which class you play.

Divine Storm -- the damage was changed from Holy to Physical. As you know, Holy damage is almost never mitigated and this talent could pack a lot into a very short time. This is a nerf to the ability's damage. This change is now active on Live.

Repentance -- this ability now lasts for only 6 seconds in PvP (down from 10). Obviously this is also a nerf. This change is also active on Live.

Art of War -- now affects all damage done by Judgements, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm (instead of critical strike damage). Net dps should be about the same but less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13.

Righteous Vengeance -- now applies a dot affect similar to Deep Wounds (instead of critical strike damage). This ends up being a significant buff to the ability to make up for the damage lost to Divine Storm, but is also less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13. EDIT: The dot will NOT break Repentance.

Glyph of Crusader Strike -- now reduces mana cost (instead of increased damage on stunned targets.) We thought paladins could stack too much damage vs. stunned targets. This change will be made before Nov 13.

We also fixed a bug with Seal and Judgement of Light that could sometimes result in too much healing.

In our tests, Retribution dps remains the same over longer periods of time, but they can't do quite so much damage in the initial few seconds of a PvP encounter.

I know Ret pallies feel a little picked on since we've made this mistake before of having them come out the gate too strong and then had to correct them. For that I do apologize. It's a difficult spec to balance since part of its design is to have large crits and stuns, which have obvious PvP implications. We are pretty confident this will not nerf pallies into the ground as I facetiously promised yesterday, but if we overdid it, we'll be happy to back off some of the changes.

On the other hand, maybe we'll see fewer BGs with 20 paladins on the opposing side and can get some reasonable feedback on all the other classes in the game.

EDIT: To clairfy the new dot will not break Repentance.

Havent had much time to get on. My UI is still all screwed up...and that has to be fixed. And I still havent respecced. Since I cant get to ANY sites from work besides this one and a couple of others..anyone have a good lock build handy lol. from what ive seen I guess im gonna stay affliction...but am open to suggestions

Good, its absolutely ridiculous. As a Resto Shaman, there's almost no point in PVP'ing any more. Everyone has increased stuns and movement impairment and we still have no defense.

Sorry, I should have said for PvE only. I'm sure it's terrible in PvP, but being able to shred through stuff in PvE was very enjoyable.

Havent had much time to get on. My UI is still all screwed up...and that has to be fixed. And I still havent respecced. Since I cant get to ANY sites from work besides this one and a couple of others..anyone have a good lock build handy lol. from what ive seen I guess im gonna stay affliction...but am open to suggestions
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?war...223210053512031351000000000000000000000000000

I think this is about what my Warlock has right now. Haven't run around to do anything with it yet, though.

Here's my 2c.
I knew they would nerf raids.. I knew it was "30%" but that number is WAY bigger than I thought it would be. Last night my guild started raiding at 7:30. We cleared TK and 10 of us were like "wtf, its only 9. Lets go clear Kara and get some badges". 45 min later kara is cleared and we were like "wtf.. its not even 10pm. Lets go clear ZA" 4th boss goes down with 15 min left on the timer and we finish the rest in another 15 min.

Pre patch we were on stuck on RoS in BT. We are expecting a full clear before the expansion if not a couple weeks before.

Big nerf.

Theres no point to leveling as prot

And there was no point to that post, unless you are one of those people who is stuck in the past, or someone who likes to spread FUD around like those who bash on Vista.

I'm telling you, I've played prot since before BC, and this is way different and way better. I guess you shouldn't level as prot if you don't like shredding opponents and completing quests quickly while you are taking no damage and still have a full rage bar, but to each his own.

I'm very happy with the changes. My lvl 70 fury warrior is doing a whole lot better now & once WotLK comes out, PvE will be awesome.

Thanks!

So the nerf is to Pallys only then?

Any other tweaks to any other classes mentioned?
On live servers, there was a fix to Warlock's Master Demonologist, which included Holy damage in the reduction of damage done to you while having your Felguard out.

Still a number of changes and fixes being put in on the Beta servers soon.

Here's my 2c.
I knew they would nerf raids.. I knew it was "30%" but that number is WAY bigger than I thought it would be. Last night my guild started raiding at 7:30. We cleared TK and 10 of us were like "wtf, its only 9. Lets go clear Kara and get some badges". 45 min later kara is cleared and we were like "wtf.. its not even 10pm. Lets go clear ZA" 4th boss goes down with 15 min left on the timer and we finish the rest in another 15 min.

Pre patch we were on stuck on RoS in BT. We are expecting a full clear before the expansion if not a couple weeks before.

Big nerf.

We just downed Brutallus when I quit. I played a shadowpriest the raid required each dps member (15) an avg of 1852 dps. Shadowpriests can't pull that with pre-sunwell gear. I'd hit around 1450-1550 consistently.

Post nerf Brutallus requires 15 people to pull ~1300 dps. I'm sorry but something is wrong with that. The fight wasn't that difficult in the first place. Now they just turned it into childs play.

My friend played a paladin and on brut he used to get 1300-1500 HPS. I heard of paladins now with beacon of light getting 3000 HPS. I dunno maybe it will be balanced at 80 but this is stupid.

Having charge available in Defensive stance is amazingly awesome by the way and I love all the new tricks for prot.

Yeah. I understand blizz wanting to make it so you can "play with who you want to" rather than "this class/spec is essential to this encounter". But i also feel it takes a LOT away from each classes uniqueness.

For example, i believe that hybrid classes should NOT be as good under most circumstances as a single role class (excluding gear, of course). For example, a prot warrior should almost ALWAYS be a better tank. Sure a feral druid or a prot pally could do the job, but the warrior should be better.

Same with healers. A priest should be the best healer. Sure a resto druid or a resto shammy should be able to do the job, but not as good.

See, the hybrid classes bring other things to the table, not just one ability. Single ability classes should get the benefit of being "single ability", and not get neutered by some ogther class that can do the job just as well, but can do other stuff on top of it.

Why should i bring a priest when i can bring a shaman as main healer when the shamans totems buff the entire group (or raid)? Why should i bring a warrior as a tank when i can bring a pally, as the pally can heal himself and cast better buffs?

I personally believe they should make the classes MORE different from each other. Not less.

As to the patch, my verdict is still out. Haven't had enough play time to really make an impression one way or the other.

I like his point, but I play mostly hybrid classes and I will say , a priest is always going to be the best healer (holding gear and skill constant) in most situations. Druids and shaman have some added mobility, but other than that a priest heal is more effective. Druids have great HoTs but their direct heals aren't as mana efficient. Shaman can heal groups well, but not as strong on single targets.

Paladins are the exception I suppose, but they are just OP.

The bad thing though is that Priests ARE NOT, and havent been for a long long time, the best healers in the game. Shadow has been pretty bad too. The only purpose it served was keeping other healers' mana pools higher. (Vampiric Touch)

I haven't played Shadow yet 3.0, so hopefully it has changed. Seems like we might actually be a decent DPS class now.

I hate my priest so much. :(

I like his point, but I play mostly hybrid classes and I will say , a priest is always going to be the best healer (holding gear and skill constant) in most situations. Druids and shaman have some added mobility, but other than that a priest heal is more effective. Druids have great HoTs but their direct heals aren't as mana efficient. Shaman can heal groups well, but not as strong on single targets.

Paladins are the exception I suppose, but they are just OP.

My GF's druid trounces priests.

The bad thing though is that Priests ARE NOT, and havent been for a long long time, the best healers in the game. Shadow has been pretty bad too. The only purpose it served was keeping other healers' mana pools higher. (Vampiric Touch)

I haven't played Shadow yet 3.0, so hopefully it has changed. Seems like we might actually be a decent DPS class now.

I hate my priest so much. :(

I love my priest.

I loved my shadowpriest up to the day that I quit. If I was still in the game I'd be playing him.

I am VERY happy with all the classes I have BUT the priest. I love my druid, shamy, lock. I really like my hunter and my mage. I haven't tried my warrior, pally, rogue. I HATE my priest now but ehh can't win them all I guess. I like tanking better then healing anyway HAHA.

The addition of the calendar is AWESOME and needed.

The new graphics are nice

The dock at SW is very cool looking but I HATE the fact there is no harbor in wetlands though

the Barber shop is ehh what ever lol

we will see hehe this weekend will be the test for me I'll be raiding all weekend long :p

The dock at SW is very cool looking but I HATE the fact there is no harbor in wetlands though

It's called Menethil Harbor, which resides right alongside of the Wetlands. I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly. :confused:

VT only ticks on MB now, which is somewhat offset by increased damage and MB crits
Dispersion, well, it's ok. My guild took this week raiding off, but I imagine it's true usefulness will come into play when raiding and we are limited as has been said before to 1 pot per combat pull, so we take break, pop Dispersion, regen some mana and away you go again. I could have sworn on the PTR Dispersion also added a 1 minute damage buff, but maybe I was just dreaming.

There was already a blue post somewhere that they are going to revisit Priests again as they realize there are some issues. Some things will get a seemingly nerf, but others will get a buff.

That will change :p.

Especially if you PvP..

When I want to PvP I play TF2. Although I'd be willing to bet that priests still end up being in the top half of used classes in high end arena, just like they are now.

And there was no point to that post, unless you are one of those people who is stuck in the past, or someone who likes to spread FUD around like those who bash on Vista.

I'm telling you, I've played prot since before BC, and this is way different and way better. I guess you shouldn't level as prot if you don't like shredding opponents and completing quests quickly while you are taking no damage and still have a full rage bar, but to each his own.

My comment was in response to the poster who posted above me. Leveling 1-60 to prot isn't nearly efficient as arms or fury and there is NO POINT because you won't be tanking anything from 1-60. Please read before you have nerd rage.

I myself am specced prot and will be prot for leveling in the expansion from 70-80.

The improved shadows sure are nice but damn, it freaking chokes my 7800GTX OC, guess its time for an vid card upgrade once my system is complete

The improved shadows sure are nice but damn, it freaking chokes my 7800GTX OC, guess its time for an vid card upgrade once my system is complete

CPU too. I saw improvements putting myself back at a 3.4ghz OC from my previous 3.0

It's called Menethil Harbor, which resides right alongside of the Wetlands. I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly. :confused:

They took them out is what I was told you can't get on a boat there anymore. or at least get there from aberdine

Back