Worst Office Ever?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Think your cubicle is bad? How about an office in an elevator shaft or an old converted bathroom with two urinals in it? Ugh. A bathroom with urinals in it for an office? That would piss me off.

Though many quirky offices exist in the U.S. Capitol, congressional staffer Stefan Alvarez says his elevator shaft-turned office may be the quirkiest. "Nothing beats The Shaft," said Alvarez, who was assigned there this month as a staff assistant to the House Republican Study Committee.

That's not the first time a congressman has given someone The Shaft, and it sure as hell won't be the last.

It is a crime that this article does not have any pictures accompanying it.

No pics = Shens.

Also, elevator shafts are well ventallated... I wonder if they got lazy and just placed roof panels without any perforation.

No pics = Shens.

Also, elevator shafts are well ventallated... I wonder if they got lazy and just placed roof panels without any perforation.

It'll stink up the room with lube and machine odor though. I'd rather keep the door open.

Maybe Congress needs to stop spending money on useless things and consider building a new office for their lackeys.

It'll stink up the room with lube and machine odor though. I'd rather keep the door open.

Maybe Congress needs to stop spending money on useless things and consider building a new office for their lackeys.

Or hire less lackeys and do more of their own work for their paychecks + kickbacks.

No pics = Shens.

Actually if it isn't in use then you wouldn't have those smells. As for them being venallated, that might also only be true if they were in use. I haven't ever seen a elevator shaft nor designed one so I might be way off, but I would assume that most vents would probably be between floors as there are probably offices on either side of the elevator shaft itself. So if you put in floors at evey level like it was a real room (which I would assume they would to be able to use the shaft at every floor) you would probably end up covering up the vents at every level unless you were smart enough to run new ducts from the wall through your new floor. But as they ran out of money and were unable to finish making it a real elevator, my guess is that they did it cheap and just covered them all up while putting in new floors.

I wouldn't want an office with two urinals. I want one with one urinal, and a toilet. I'd put a sign above the toilet that says, "Complaint department. Please deposit your complaints in the bowl, and I will make them go away promptly!" As for the urinal...I'd just piss in it. ALOT.

No pics = Shens.

According to the article, the elevator was never completed. Hence it's conversion into storage, then now into office space.

That would be sooooo cool to have elevator doors on my office.

I would find a way to make them do the Star Trek sound when they opened.

That would be sooooo cool to have elevator doors on my office.

I would find a way to make them do the Star Trek sound when they opened.

Haha, wouldn't be to hard really. Of course. . . depending on how often you're going in and out. . .that might get annoying.

imagine you leave the office for lunch break and people actually use your urinals to piss you off, literally. rofl

Hey, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports...

imagine you leave the office for lunch break and people actually use your urinals to piss you off, literally. rofl

Actually, it'd be hilarious to just walk into his office while he's doing paperwork and start peeing in the urinal like it's a perfectly normal bathroom.

i would seriously just sit on my wheelie office chair kick off from my desk spin around and pee in the urinal still sitting on my office chair... then kick off the urinal spin back and start typing again... pure awesomeness!!

Back