Worst Game Ever?

The worste game ever IMO was Wing Commander IV for playstation (one) It came with like 3 or 4 disks. The concept seemed kind of cool; you could choose your own path. For example in a bar a guy is about to fight someone and you can choose to ignore or intervene this got annoying pretty quick though.The acting was horrible as well.

The controls were really really hard to learn. the graphics reminded me of an atari game (maybe they ported it).
LOL when I pawned my playstation and all my games for like $40 the damn pawn guy would not even take that game.. he said I would have to pay him to take it. I was shocked.. even he knew it sucked that bad. :eek:

Menelmarar said:
Maybe not "worst" but most disappointing was Half-Life.

Had nothing new graphically over Far Cry or Doom3. Doom3 at least created an amazing atmosphere. Far Cry's ability to have many different ways to solve a level plus having all the amazing graphics and physics. Half-Life came way to late and brought nothing new or interesting to the table, completely run of the mill follow the straight narrow linear path FPS game, I couldn't even bring myself to finish the game it is so god awful boring.

CS:S is pretty fun occasionally though. Its the only thing that keeps me from regretting spending my money on it.

You're talking about Half Life 2 dumbshit. And if you really think HL2 is the worst game ever, you are the worst game reviewer, EVER.

Ooo, he told you. :p

I vote for impossible creatures..was supposed to revolutionize the industry. Yeah...right

Hmmm, no one mentions WWII online, the biggest waste of $50 I ever made. The gameplay was lame, trying to fly an airplane was an impossibility because of the crappy frame rates, tanks either floated in midair or drove thru hills, and all the while the devs tried to tell us we didn't have enough computer to properly play their game :( 3 years later and they are still trying to fix most of the same problems, especially the poor frame rates. Hard to believe that CRS was ever involved in the Air Warrior series. WWII online is the reason I won't buy a game that doesn't have a demo or trial. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

The Temple of Elemental Evil

When my saved games get ruined by monsters behind walls that won't let me exit combat... makes a winner for me.

Shmuckety said:
Ooo, he told you. :p

I vote for impossible creatures..was supposed to revolutionize the industry. Yeah...right
Not really, he's just an angsty 15 year old who feels its necessary to defend a product he didn't put any work into creating and has some strange self need to bash anyone who disagrees, his thoughts bother me none. After all he didn't even read my first sentence, lol.

As one person already stated I think alot of us in the first half of this thread confused "personally didn't like" with "being a bad game". Many games mentioned such as DE2, Unreal2, Daikatana, and many "rom" games were really horrible but didn't bother me because its easy to just uninstall a demo or sample it at a friends house. But I didn't buy and pay for them so it doesn't bother me one bit. Its easy not to play, but HL2 I actually bought which added to the hurt. I think its one of the only games I've paid for that I didn't really enjoy :(

Enter the Matrix - gameplay was bad, and the game had a ton of bugs
Bad Boys II - a friend gave me the game, and after 5 minutes of playing it I realized why

Panzer Dragoon Orta for Xbox. What an over-hyped piece of poo. It's a shooter. A rail shooter. *yawn* Point, mash button, repeat. Why did so many reviewers fall over this title in love? It was soooooo boring. The ONLY thing it had were better-than-average graphics. But c'mon... It had no gameplay.

Atari 2600 ET: The Extraterestrial - 'Nuff Said (well actually not 'nuff said, I actually purchased this game cart the day it released... truly the saddest day of my gaming career.)

Having been a game reviewer I could go on for days on others, but one other notable mention is Irth Online. A new MMO that I was on beta for, was is the key word, I actually contacted the company (Magic Hat Software) and opted OUT of the beta as no amount of play, help, criticism, or coding in the world could turn it into anything even resembling a fun game. The game runs so slow on my system I was getting 0.4FPS and the graphics are shameful even by EQ1 standards. If you want a good laugh do a search for Irth Online and look at te "cutting edge" graphics that brought my system to it's knees.

MonsterZero said:
The Temple of Elemental Evil

When my saved games get ruined by monsters behind walls that won't let me exit combat... makes a winner for me.

That game has been patched up pretty good by the community. There are the official patches and then a few custom patches that fix and add a lot.

bruenor said:
Atari 2600 ET: The Extraterestrial - 'Nuff Said (well actually not 'nuff said, I actually purchased this game cart the day it released... truly the saddest day of my gaming career.)

Having been a game reviewer I could go on for days on others, but one other notable mention is Irth Online. A new MMO that I was on beta for, was is the key word, I actually contacted the company (Magic Hat Software) and opted OUT of the beta as no amount of play, help, criticism, or coding in the world could turn it into anything even resembling a fun game. The game runs so slow on my system I was getting 0.4FPS and the graphics are shameful even by EQ1 standards. If you want a good laugh do a search for Irth Online and look at te "cutting edge" graphics that brought my system to it's knees.

Wow the texture artist must have been blind.

Warcraft 3... it completely ruined the Warcraft tradition. And it sucks. A lot.

Let the flamewar begin!

Pools of Radience, it was sooo buggy it hosed my brothers system to the point where it was easier to format the thing and re-install.

Dano.

tmoneyksu said:
Warcraft 3... it completely ruined the Warcraft tradition. And it sucks. A lot.

Let the flamewar begin!
Explain how why you think it ruined the Warcraft tradition? If you can backup your broad unsupported statement its not flame worthy and I'd be curious.

I for one really enjoyed it and is one of my favorite games, I can understand people who don't like it based on being fantasy based or being an RTS, etc. But claming it "ruined the warcraft tradition" puzzles me, elaborate.

Tomb Raider angel of darkness was the worst game I ever bought, the control system was so bad I didnt even make it past the training level.

^^ I totally agree, Tomb Raider angel of darkness was the only game I could not finish let alone play beyong the first level...

Majin said:
ROAD RASH!

omg so bad!

TANKA

Kill me now!

That was my second favorite Sega game ever! Only behind Mutant League Football
:D

I'm amused at all the people claiming Daikatana to be the worst game ever. I bet none of you have actually even played it. It was a fun game. Nowhere near as cool as it was supposed to be, but it was alright. You're just going off of what you've heard everyone else say. For me, the worst game is the Atari Gi Joe game. I was so excited to get it and it was such a let down. Didn't play right with the joysticks, barely had anything to do with GI Joe...

darknite said:
Gyromite for the nes
you had to have two controllers to do anything int hat game
either that or i jsut didnt know how to make it for one
but hey....i was like under 10 y/o
Yall remember those Dragon Warrior days, and Gauntlet...i loved that game

You needed the robot to play Gyromite - you had to balance gyroscopes on the buttons of the controllers. The robot would spin them up and move them. It was OK, but it did get old quick. M.U.S.C.L.E. wrestling for the NES was one of the all-time worst, though.

I think everyone here is forgetting the undisputed champion of terrible games:

Extreme Paintbrawl.

(The SNES version of Populous blew as well.)

Terpfen said:
I think everyone here is forgetting the undisputed champion of terrible games:

Extreme Paintbrawl.

LMAO - That WAS a horrible game. I had forgotten that "gem". lol You couldn't even control your players. The gun would skip all over and the graphics were like a 2-year old's coloring book. lol Thanks for the memories. Good thing I only played the demo...

Draax said:
Daikatana (sp?) This game just plain sucked. It was hyped to be the next coming, and disappointed in every way imaginable.

I would say Deus Ex 2: Invisible war comes a close second. This game was full of bugs, and ran very poorly on the hardware that was available at the time. How can you come off, one of the best games every made, and choke so bad you make Chris Webber and the fab five look good.

I havn't played every game on the market, but I vote for Daikatana out of all that i've played. Good thing I only paid $2.99 for it in a clearance bin at Microcenter because I would have otherwise been extremely pissed. What a horrible game. Out of all games i've bought, that is the only one that I just couldn't even force myself to complete.

I don't know if any of you have ever even heard of this one, but what about Ardy Lightfoot for the SuperNES?
That game was entirely crap. You were like a cat/fox thing with a springy tail, and you had to save the world from the evil scientist.....except there was a bug in the game, and the platform you were supposed to reach in the third level by jumping was too far out of reach!!!
The game was recalled....I quickly got my $100 (AU) back...lol.

There was this old game for the NES that I could never figure out -- I think the name was Hylia or something like that.
\
(Of course, E.T. was far, far worse).

...and I can't comment on Daikatana, since I never bothered playing it.

GuruX said:
There was this old game for the NES that I could never figure out -- I think the name was Hylia or something like that.
\
(Of course, E.T. was far, far worse).

...and I can't comment on Daikatana, since I never bothered playing it.
Hydlide I think is the game you are trying to refer to. And yes, it sucked ass.

So hard to choose what would be the worst game ever. Are we referring to the games we hate most, the most poorly designed games gameplay-wise (that were still functional - i.e. the games we wish we could've salvaged and modded into something cool), games that promised a lot and delivered nothing, or the most buggy nonfunctional games we've ever played?

Way of the warrior is one of the worst games I've seen. What a terrible game - like a really bad rip of mortal kombat.

E.T. for the Atari 2600
Resident Evil Survivor

Are the two worst games that I have played.

I would have to say the medal of honor pacific assault, I rented this game when I had a ps2 and got bored after like 5 minutes, the AI was so stupid and the whole game was repetative. And the one who commented about road rash, that was my favourite game for sega genisis and probably in the top of my all time favourite games.

DocFaustus said:
Hydlide I think is the game you are trying to refer to. And yes, it sucked ass.

That's the one -- and to think I had actually BOUGHT this title.... GRRRRRRRR.

For those folks that had never had the pleasure to play E.T. for the Atari 2600 let me delve into its great many pleasureable gameplay elements. First, you got to sit there and go back and forth. Second, you did nothing else. Gam Over!..... except there was no game over or ending. The fact that they polluted the desert when they buried the unsold carts is a human tragedy. They should have shot them to the sun to at least see what would happen. That may have made the game worth it although I doubt it.

So many bad games out there. Where to begin.

Hardest to play due to design flaws: Necropolis
Just bad. Took for ever and relied on pixel hunts to even find whatever ridiculous items were vaguely hinted at in the pages of boring conversation.

Most Disappointing: Age of Empires
Can you say Warcraft? I just found this game booooooooring. And as I had already played Warcaft I and II, I was not into it at all.

Worst... Really Worst: Some Dune game that I have tried to erase form my memory.
Crap. I was plenty pissed and I didn't even buy it. A friend gave it to me knowing I loved the Dune books. But the game is lame and pointless.

Star Wars Force Commander: The most unusable, incomprehensible, half-assed User Interface I have ever had the displeasure of paying to use. This game sucked to levels previously unseen in the mortal world.

Tiberian Sun: How could a game so close to Red Alert be so boring?

Daikatana: Waited like 2 years for a game that used 3 year old technology. (Unlike others, I actually bought and played this.)

Myst: With all the hype this game got, I was expecting the second coming of Christ. Instead I got a game with some puzzles so easy it was pathetic, and others so incomprehensible I wasn't even sure what I was supposed to be solving. The Seventh Guest was 10X better.

This had to be mentioned before...Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. I got it bundled with my Audigy 2 ZS and thought it would be half decent, even amongst the horrid reviews. I remember installing it for the longest time, then uninstalling it 10 minutes later. Played a little bit of the first part and was frankly scared by the brutal gameplay. So it gets my vote for the worst.

NewbieTwo said:
Star Wars Force Commander: The most unusable, incomprehensible, half-assed User Interface I have ever had the displeasure of paying to use. This game sucked to levels previously unseen in the mortal world.

Hahahaha, I was wondering if anybody else had played this awful POS! I usually find myself installing it once every 2-3 years when I forget just how bad it is/was. I remember very quickly every time.

Shenmue has to take my vote, though. Oh my GOD that was bad.

Back