World War 3

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness

The Farm 51 has announced that it is working on a brand new first-person shooter, called World War 3. World War 3 is a multiplayer military FPS set in a modern, global conflict. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team released a teaser trailer that you can watch below.

World War 3 is said to feature strong teamplay, national armed forces, real locations, full body awareness, and a versatile customization system that will all contribute to the authenticity of the modern combat experience, and will be enhanced by other essential elements such as a robust ballistic system, advanced armors and life-like weapons.

The game is produced in cooperation with military R&D centers and consultants, and promises to show the consequences of every battle in the context of a global war campaign on a strategic war map.

PC only has peaked my interest for sure I'm done with COD and Battlefield +1 Flogger23m

Yeah I like when I see PC only for sure. I'm even OK with them going console *AFTER* but it changes everything knowing the game was developed for PC first and console as an afterthought, since it's usually the OPPOSITE 99% of the time.

Can they even copyright or trademark the phrase "World War 3" ? If another company creates a game with 'world war 3' in the title, the courts will side with 'can't trademark such a generic already widely used phrase'. Of course I'm not a lawyer so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The Farm 51 doesn't have a good track record, although their last game Get Even was well received. I'm still interested in seeing some gameplay. Will probably be fully revealed at E3 in the coming weeks.

ss_2c6df6f653d696fd1f767ac919cd6489c0b0f0c4.jpg

ss_87084682b5fa73733d40e68e70846f70436c12a8.jpg

ss_7de403e6556a77f4f40c8aa5b62e970de3bc6304.jpg

ss_db57752ade8f456be29b2b8e6f4d18d8226179a9.jpg

Not really familiar with Farm 51 so I did a quick search they are the company behind the Painkiller series which I never tried out.
I'm sure the entire studio has changed since then.

Not really familiar with Farm 51 so I did a quick search they are the company behind the Painkiller series which I never tried out.
I'm sure the entire studio has changed since then.
No, The Farm 51 was only responsible for the horrible remake Hell & Damnation. Painkiller was originally made by People Can Fly, Adrian Chmielarz' original company before he left and formed The Astronauts.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Looks exactly like Battlefield 4 to me. I couldn't discern any of that so-called realistic weapon behavior and handling from the video that is supposed to set this title apart.

its about time a game challenged battlefield. if two battlefield style games are competing for the player base, we will get a better game. so many shitty early access games coming out, this one actually looks solid.

I am so stoked on this game coming out, was pretty bummed I couldn't buy EA this monday. There was a rumor going around we could buy it in conjunction with the Gamescom release.

Have they said how many players in a match?
the q and a above has pretty much every answer you can think of.

Q: How big are the battles going to be? 32vs32?

A: As big as it's fun to play, but we're currently aiming at 32, 48 and 64 player map variants

the q and a above has pretty much every answer you can think of.

Q: How big are the battles going to be? 32vs32?

A: As big as it's fun to play, but we're currently aiming at 32, 48 and 64 player map variants

Thanks, I must have missed it when I scrolled over it when it was first posted.

Back