World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

So, the Ibuki... This is one of the problems I have with the ship. I can go massive damage with the HE with like 8 hits, but I can also do 0 damage with the same amount of shots hit on a BB superstructure. And to just let you know, with that salvo, I did switch to AP for the next salvo.
rt5MmAk.jpg

There needs to be some kind of small change to this ship. Because with all of the japanese cruiser ships, I can in some way, change the way how a BB tries to engage the area. Like the Myogi 5-6k HE hits to the superstructure, or the Mogami breathing fire from 15km away. But 2-3k regular damage doesn't change the battleground at all.

*edit*
I seriously need to stop ranting about this ship.
*edit 2*
This is what I usually get from my efforts.
blTKMzQ.jpg

Last edited:
Just took the Kongo out for it's first run.

60 seconds in I took NINE torpedo hits from planes I never even saw until it was all over.

That was really fucked up LOL

Is the Kongo a focus magnet?

Even fully upgraded you don't have a lot of AA, what you do have is a terrible detection range by air (almost 12km). When you're top tier a lot of cruisers won't have the defensive fire ability to spread out those torpedoes.
If you're not in a pack of ships to overlap AA cover, you're driving around with a huge 'Free XP' sign for carriers.

Propulsion upgrade is a must in the Kongo, 30 knots let's you keep up with cruisers so you can find yourself some AA cover when carriers are about.

Yeah, speed is the first thing I went for. It's fully upgraded now.

Even fully upgraded you don't have a lot of AA, what you do have is a terrible detection range by air (almost 12km). When you're top tier a lot of cruisers won't have the defensive fire ability to spread out those torpedoes.
If you're not in a pack of ships to overlap AA cover, you're driving around with a huge 'Free XP' sign for carriers.

Propulsion upgrade is a must in the Kongo, 30 knots let's you keep up with cruisers so you can find yourself some AA cover when carriers are about.

IIRC, doesn't the Kongo (C) have the highest AA rating at T5? (Non premium) Thought it was higher than the Omaha (C).

Which is to say, AA at T5 isn't all that hot. Then again, neither are the airplanes.

IIRC, doesn't the Kongo (C) have the highest AA rating at T5? (Non premium) Thought it was higher than the Omaha (C).

Which is to say, AA at T5 isn't all that hot. Then again, neither are the airplanes.

i think so but quite frankly it's still not enough to make a difference unless it's against a non upgraded T5 CV. usually i was able to shoot down 1 plane on the way in and 1 on the way out, so over time it helps but meh.

to be honest below T7 i don't even bother with the propulsion upgrade even my fuso i didn't bother with it, 3kt's wasn't worth the XP.. think the kongo's just fine without it, does it help? sure but i never really had an issue with carriers trying to torp me.. key thing is to watch their planes though and figure out if they're auto dropping or manual dropping.. if they're auto dropping, turn directly into the planes, they'll keep trying to line up a shot, after the 3rd attempt they'll just randomly drop their torps and they just go off in some random direction near you. if they're manually dropping and they're trying to be show offs turn into them so the torps can't arm in time, typically with IJN i turn away though because the spreads so stupidly big it's pretty hard to get hit by them. USN i just turn into them and hope only 1 or 2 hit me.. not much else you can do against those. also i suggest getting the rudder speed upgrade.. makes a world of difference on BB's.

Last edited:
I go for the 20% rudder shift upgrade on everything, even DD's.

i think so but quite frankly it's still not enough to make a difference unless it's against a non upgraded T5 CV. usually i was able to shoot down 1 plane on the way in and 1 on the way out, so over time it helps but meh.

to be honest below T7 i don't even bother with the propulsion upgrade even my fuso i didn't bother with it, 3kt's wasn't worth the XP.. think the kongo's just fine without it, does it help? sure but i never really had an issue with carriers trying to torp me.. key thing is to watch their planes though and figure out if they're auto dropping or manual dropping.. if they're auto dropping, turn directly into the planes, they'll keep trying to line up a shot, after the 3rd attempt they'll just randomly drop their torps and they just go off in some random direction near you. if they're manually dropping and they're trying to be show offs turn into them so the torps can't arm in time, typically with IJN i turn away though because the spreads so stupidly big it's pretty hard to get hit by them. USN i just turn into them and hope only 1 or 2 hit me.. not much else you can do against those. also i suggest getting the rudder speed upgrade.. makes a world of difference on BB's.

Wow, we got pushed to page to. Everyone getting lazy ?

Anyway, here's a fun little WoWs related video. Nothing of any training or other real value, just a fun little video showing how luck can sometimes really affect the outcome of a battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnjgBv6FtQ

Final 5.1 release notes:

New Game Maps and Modes

New Maps:

Land of Fire: The distinctive feature of this map is a series of long and narrow rock ridges that small ships can use as cover. This map will be available for battles between ships tiers VII through X
Northern Lights: This is a counterpart of the "North" map with different visuals
Trap: This map will be available for battles between ships tiers VIII through X
Map Changes:

Strait
Changed ship spawn points so that the distribution of ship groups is now more balanced
Hotspot
Removed the crisscross team spawn pattern
Changed the location of a large island at one of the flanks
Corrected the shape of one of the large islands
Changed the location of Key Areas during Domination mode
Two Brothers
The landscape on the map underwent an extensive rework with numerous changes made to the location and shape of islands
Big Race
Moved all landscape objects to the corner where the continental land is located. Changed location of the continental land itself
Added Domination mode with two key areas
Islands of Ice
The iceberg field in the lower right corner underwent an extensive rework
Decreased the number of icebergs by about a third
Now there are three key areas on the map during Domination mode
The lower left corner is now more separated and has a mountain as a visual landmark
The lower right corner is now more separated and covered by an ice field
The icebergs located on the map are more uniform
Solomon Islands
This map is now available for battles between ships of tiers II through VI
Interaction Between Ships and Map Borders

Ships hitting the map border area for too long now have their engine power forcefully decreased. The engine power will be restored after the ship leaves the map border area
New Battle Mode: Zone

Zone is a huge base in the center of a map that becomes available for capture two minutes after the battle has started. It takes 60 seconds to capture the Zone, regardless of the number of capturing ships. The capturing will slow down when there are enemy ships within the Zone. However damage received by ships does not slow down the capturing
This mode will be available on the Ocean, Big Race, Trap, and Islands of Ice maps
Changes in Domination Mode:

You will now be rewarded with XP and Credits for capturing, defending, and blocking the capture of bases. Rewards will be given for capturing the base (namely, for base capture points -- for example, if two players captured a base together at the same time, then each player gets half the reward); defending the base (namely, for base capture points that a player takes away from a capturing enemy ship by damaging it), and blocking the base capture (staying within the base with the enemy, preventing the enemy from capturing the base)
Changed the amount of penalty points for losing allied ships and reward points for destroying enemy ships during Domination mode
Destroyer: 45 penalty points; 30 reward points
Cruiser: 50 penalty points; 35 reward points
Battleship: 60 penalty points; 40 reward points
Aircraft Carrier: 65 penalty points; 45 reward points
Changed the notification at the end of a battle when the 20-minute time limit has expired
Changes in Service Record

Two additional levels have been added to the Service Record
Tech tree functionality for ships and modules is now available at level three (between Random Battles and Daily Missions). Reward for unlocking this level is 300,000 Credits
Events, missions and actions are now unlocked at level 10 (between Camouflage and Ranked battles). Reward for unlocking is one day of Premium Account
Reward for unlocking level four (Daily Quests) has been increased from 300,000 to 500,000 Credits. XP needed for unlocking this level has been decreased from 1,500 to 1,000
XP needed to unlock level 11 (Ranked battles) has been decreased from 50,000 to 30,000
Note: The total cost of unlocking the last level of your Service Record (Ranked battles) hasn't changed
The rewards for unlocking new account levels will be compensated to players who have achieved the respective account level before these changes take effect, according to the following scheme:
if you have 1000+ account points, credited with 300,000 Credits
if you have 2000 + account points, credited with 200,000 Credits
if you have 67,500+ account points, credited with one Premium Account day
This means that if your Service Record level is high enough to unlock Missions, Challenges and Events, you'll get 500,000 Credits and one day Premium Account
Missions, Challenges and Events

Events, Challenges and missions become available when you reach level 10 in your Service Record. Players can click on the respective panel in the upper left corner in the Port to go to Events, Challenges and missions
Specials may be timed to coincide with a specific event, and come with a description and duration of their own
missions can be completed once for each game account, while challenges may be completed an unlimited number of times. All missions and challenges have a set duration
When a mission can be completed over a number of battles, then such a mission will have a completion progress bar
Conditions for completing missions and Challenges have been introduced. For example, "Complete the mission while playing on a specific ship/in a Division/in a specific battle type"
Players are given rewards for completing missions and the list of rewards has been extended. Players may now be rewarded with ships, consumables, upgrades, signal flags, camouflage, Credits, Doubloons, Free XP, Service Record XP, Premium time, places for Commanders in the Reserve, rewards and bonuses in a gift box, and/or multipliers applied to any resources earned in a battle
Daily Missions

You can now replace one of the three daily missions once every 24 hours
You can replace a new mission, as well as a mission which can be completed during a number of battles. However, when the latter is replaced, all progress will be lost
When you complete the mission during a battle, but exit to Port and replace the mission before the end of the current battle, the reward will not be given and the progress will not be accounted for
In contrast to Daily Missions, you cannot replace challenges, missions and events
A new Daily Mission is marked with an indicator. The indicator remains visible until you click the mission
Ranked Battles

The number of points a team needs to score for a victory has been raised to 1,000. The initial score is now set at 300 points
All maps in Ranked battles now have two key areas
The Ocean, Strait and Land of Fire maps are now available in Ranked battles
Different limitations on the tiers of ships may now be set for Leagues
League flags and commemorative flags have been introduced
The League flag indicates that the player belongs to a League during a season of Ranked battles. League flags are discarded at the end of a season
Commemorative flags are given at the end of a season, if the player meets the respective requirements
Matchmaker

Aircraft carrier balance in Random and Ranked battles is now strictly symmetrical; no more exceptions in response to long wait times
Stricter rules have been set for matchmaking battleships in Ranked battles. There will now be less battles with more than two battleships per team
Introductory Mission

An introductory mission is now available for newcomers. The introductory mission will help new players learn the game basics when they log in to the game for the first time
Ships

General

Aircraft torpedoes' chance of causing flooding has been reduced by approximately half
Aircraft speed has been slightly increased for air squadrons using assault mode, and damage caused by aircraft in this mode has been increased as well
The damage that a higher-tier ship receives from flooding is no longer significantly less than the damage a lower tier ship
Two charges of the Defensive AA Fire consumable are now available for cruisers of all nations, except USA whose cruisers have three charges of this consumable
Two charges of Hydroacoustic Search are available for all ships
Two charges of Defensive Fire are available for all cruisers, except the USA, whose cruisers have three charges of this consumable, with Atlanta being the only exception that keeps the unlimited amount of charges for this consumable
Improved the logic determining the ricochet trajectory when encountering armor
Fixes for spotting within 200 meters from the main batteries (Kolberg, Clemson, Pensacola, Des Moines, Isokaze) and airplanes (Baltimore)
Revised the acceleration and deceleration characteristics for all ships (changes within half a knot)
USA:

The armor plating of Baltimore and Des Moines has been thickened by 2mm
USA bombers' bomb dispersion under fire has been reduced
Changes for USA Destroyers:
Nicholas Mk15 mod. 0 torpedoes have been removed from the Tech Tree
Farragut: Mk15 mod. 0 torpedoes have been replaced with Mark 11 torpedoes; Mk15 mod. 3 torpedoes have been replaced with Mark 12 torpedoes
Mahan: Mk15 mod. 3 torpedoes have been replaced with Mark 12 torpedoes; Mark 12 torpedoes have been replaced with Mk15 mod. 0 torpedoes
Mahan: Hull B has been moved to become hull C (with enhanced AA defense), the now vacant position of hull B has been filled by a totally new hull. If the ship had an Elite status, the new Hull B becomes researched. Otherwise, Hull C is shown as not researched
Benson: Mark 12 torpedoes have been replaced with Mk15 mod. 0 torpedoes; Mk14 mod. 3 torpedoes have been replaced with Mk15 mod. 3 torpedoes
Benson: Main battery's rate of fire has been increased from 4.5 seconds to 3.34 seconds
Fletcher: Mk14 mod. 3 torpedoes have been replaced with Mk15 mod. 3 torpedoes
Fletcher: The main battery's rate of fire has been increased from 4.5 seconds to 3.34 seconds
Sims: The main battery's rate of fire has been increased from 4.5 seconds to 3.34 seconds
For Omaha, the number of aircraft on board has been reduced to two planes
For other USA cruisers, the number of aircraft on board has been increased to four planes
203mm AP shells fired by the main batteries of USA cruisers (except for the stock main battery of Pensacola) will enjoy better ricochet angles
US torpedo planes' launch zone for manual mode has been increased on the attack circle. This distance increases with the carrier's tier and plane speed. Due to this change, torpedo spreads are now wider. It will be harder to attack the enemy by dropping torpedoes right under the broadside of their ship. This change will most noticeably affect higher tier ships
Japan:

For Japanese bombers, the bomb attack area has been reduced for situations when the player releases bombs in manual mode
Atago: rudder shift time has been shortened by 20%, and the Repair Party consumable has been added, which should correspond well with recent earnings increase on Atago herself and US ship Atlanta
Number of aircrafts on the Myogi battleship and Zao cruiser reduced to two
Number of aircrafts on the Kuma cruiser reduced to one
Aichi D1A2: approach radius reduced
Speed of Japanese aircraft torpedoes has been decreased from 41 to 35 knots, and their fire range has been almost doubled
Russia:

Izyaslav: the ship has been given a designed speed of 35 knots (instead of 31.9)
Derzkiy: the ship has been given a designed speed of 34 knots (instead of 32.8)
Orlan: increased durability of main battery to the level of Hashidate
Kiev: replaced four AA batteries 12,7mm DShKM-2b for 25mm 2М-3: new guns work on a distance thrice as long, and are twice as powerful. This made for an AA integral characteristics increase of 6 points
Germany:

Dresden, Kolberg and Karsruhe AP shells have been recalculated, armor penetration has been increased
Hermelin central hull plate armor has been increased to 23mm; increased durability of main battery to the level of Hashidate
Karlsruhe: engine protection against HE shells improved threefold
Aircraft:

Now all aircraft in the game will have their tier parameter displayed
The "Dogfighting Expert" skill has been revised. Fighters of a tier lower than that of the enemy aircraft will receive a temporary increase in their attack power. The greater the difference between the tiers of the aircraft, the greater the increase. +10% to combat performance of fighters for each tier of difference
The logic for fighters' behavior has been improved. Now, when fighters attack other fighters, the squadron being attacked will automatically counterattack and will not abandon the dogfight until it runs out of ammunition
Implemented the ability to change the direction of the squadron attack by holding and dragging the attack cone or ellipse
Implemented smooth movement of the torpedo bombers squadron's cone in automatic attack mode
Improved the rendering of the bombers' attack
AI Changes

Improved behavior for AI-controlled ships. They now move in formations. Destroyers stay closer to islands, battleships keep away from islands, and aircraft carriers move about in safer areas instead of going straight to the center of a map
Improved behavior for AI-controlled ships in the event of accidental collision with the sea landscape
Misc. Changes

Improved spawn layout for players of the same Division. Now the ships controlled by players in the same Division will be spawned as close to each other as possible when the battle starts
Reworked system for notifications when either team is about to win or takes the lead. Now the notifications will trigger in the following cases:
The enemy team has twice as many ships as the allied team
The allied team has twice as many points as the enemy team
The enemy team only needs to destroy two allied ships to win
The allied team only needs to destroy two enemy ships to win
Implemented notification about the battle ending soon (when there are five minutes left before the end of the battle)
Sound

Totally reworked the sounds of engines for all ships in the game. Now the sound of a ship's engine will depend not only on the current ship speed, but also on the position of the bridge telegraph lever
Added new firing sounds
Overhauled sounds for the low sound quality setting. Now special sound banks will be loaded when this setting is selected. In these sound banks, post-processing effects for movement and firing are disabled and significant restrictions are imposed on the playback of sounds. This sound quality setting is recommended for low performance computers
Improved certain interface sounds
Added two new music tracks
Reduced sound sytem's RAM usage
Updated version of the sound engine, optimized playback of .ogg sounds
Port

Reworked the "carousel" of ships at the bottom of the Port screen:
Now the displayed ships can be filtered by name, nation, tier, type, Elite status, Premium status, applicability of specials with bonus multipliers for the first battle, or a combination of any filter criteria mentioned above
Added an alternate mode for displaying ships with smaller ship icons in the slots
Changed modernization arrangement in some slots of a ship's modernizations
Economy

Redistribution of rewards for the battle was done in such a way that the capture, blocking and defense of the bases are taken into account, in Domination mode too. Now an active game with capturing, blocking and defending bases will yield more Credits and Experience on average. At the same time, earning of the Credits and Experience for the team in general remained within the same values as in the previous version.
In connection with these innovations, the general factors of earning Experience and Credits were rebalanced for the majority of ships, except for the Premium ones
System Changes

Optimized network traffic between game client and game server
Added a system that expects acknowledgment from the game server for any user action, which resulted in a significant decrease in the risk of losing game items due to poor network connection quality
Improved performance of the effects subsystem on multicore CPUs (with more than two cores)
Improved performance of the subsystem for rendering markers in battle
Optimized several subsystems for the Binocular View
Added a new "Very Low" sea rendering quality setting to the graphics settings. Using this quality setting provides a significant performance boost for computers with entry-level graphics, owing to simplified simulation and rendering of seawater in the game. Moreover, reflections and shadows on the water surface are also disabled when this quality setting is selected. For other sea rendering quality settings, minor improvements to the visuals as well as utilization of graphics resources were added
Implemented an optimization that reduces the risk of the game client freezing
Added logic to the game client which detects that the application is frozen and then terminates the application correctly

Getting really, really fucking tired of people giving destroyers free reign:

NPdzai9.jpg

0zCFPmc.jpg

And the very next round
ZdQ0yo4.jpg

QWY0KfH.jpg

And in my first match I couldn't get our goddamn carrier to bother to spot anyone as he just went around the edge of the map and earned all of 300xp in an Essex. This is the actual problem in high tier, not the repair costs. People want to play like shit and blame their timidity on repair costs and not get into the fight to help.

In the Hotspot match I would have killed a third destroyer if I had HE loaded when the Benson appeared. I left him with all of 345hp. But why the hell am I having to hunt DDs in my goddamn Yamato?!

Russia:

Izyaslav: the ship has been given a designed speed of 35 knots (instead of 31.9)
Derzkiy: the ship has been given a designed speed of 34 knots (instead of 32.8)
Orlan: increased durability of main battery to the level of Hashidate
Kiev: replaced four AA batteries 12,7mm DShKM-2b for 25mm 2М-3: new guns work on a distance thrice as long, and are twice as powerful. This made for an AA integral characteristics increase of 6 points
Germany:

Dresden, Kolberg and Karsruhe AP shells have been recalculated, armor penetration has been increased
Hermelin central hull plate armor has been increased to 23mm; increased durability of main battery to the level of Hashidate
Karlsruhe: engine protection against HE shells improved threefold

lmao....about time Germans got fixed.

As for the Russian boosts....I don't know. IMO, the tier 5 DD is fine the way it is.

Also, PhlyDaily the lucky bastard got his free Tier IV Russian battleship Nikolai and it looks sweet.

Might get it if the Nikolai is only $20.

finally won a game with the fortress, and I took him out with my murmansk. I paid the price, but I flesh wounded him on the last salvo. A couple others got some shots on him, but I put about 35k of damage on him. I made this mistake of closing too quickly instead of circling further away, his guns are damn brutal.

Getting really, really fucking tired of people giving destroyers free reign:

NPdzai9.jpg

0zCFPmc.jpg

And the very next round
ZdQ0yo4.jpg

QWY0KfH.jpg

And in my first match I couldn't get our goddamn carrier to bother to spot anyone as he just went around the edge of the map and earned all of 300xp in an Essex. This is the actual problem in high tier, not the repair costs. People want to play like shit and blame their timidity on repair costs and not get into the fight to help.

In the Hotspot match I would have killed a third destroyer if I had HE loaded when the Benson appeared. I left him with all of 345hp. But why the hell am I having to hunt DDs in my goddamn Yamato?!

i've been running into the same problem in my BB's i find 75% of my kills are DD's because people are to trash at shooting anything beyond 10km from them so if they miss one time they just ignore the DD and move onto a cruiser or battleship to hit..

had a game a few hours ago where i had 4 DD's chasing my fuso, 4 other cruisers on my team refused to help so thankfully the CV decided to sacrifice his XP earning to put all his planes above the DD's so i could kill them.

I am curious about something. Will they ever open up a full perpetual PVP zone where you just drop in and sail around for an hour or so and just shoot at things to destroy? Kinda like an OPEN PVP zone in Star Trek Online? (Kerrat or the Voth zone)

Thanks.

Chalk me up as one of those who can't shoot a DD at 10-12 km. I try in the murmansk, but it takes so long for the shells to get there the DD has changed direction 5 times since I took the shot. I keep after it though, hopefully distracting him enough someone else can get the job done.

.5.1 updated this morning. 2.6gb! I guess they removed the night map? I don't see it in the notes.

Last edited:
just played a couple quick games before heading to work, seemed to be a good update for me as I sunk 4 in the wickes.

I am curious about something. Will they ever open up a full perpetual PVP zone where you just drop in and sail around for an hour or so and just shoot at things to destroy? Kinda like an OPEN PVP zone in Star Trek Online? (Kerrat or the Voth zone)

Thanks.

That would be pretty amazing. Like, a 16vs16 map with reinforcement/respawn waves and a timer. That would be fun.

That would be pretty amazing. Like, a 16vs16 map with reinforcement/respawn waves and a timer. That would be fun.

Well, it would be a torp fest, that's for sure, you'd have the Shimekazi just launching 20km long torpedo walls ~.~ good thing is, whoever it hits is a win for him! :p

I think a perpetual PVP zone with around 20-30 ships on a huge map would be a lot of fun with a respawn timer.

TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY NOW FOR IT!!! :)

.5.1 updated this morning. 2.6gb! I guess they removed the night map? I don't see it in the notes.

The Lamp-Lighters are on strike.

If you know what this is, you know WAY too damn much about the Navy :)

I'll explain if anyone wants to know.

HINT: Google won't help you. Everything that comes up will be on the wrong subject. I know what I'm looking for and I can't find it :)

Last edited:
The Lamp-Lighters are on strike.

If you know what this is, you know WAY too damn much about the Navy :)

I'll explain if anyone wants to know.

HINT: Google won't help you. Everything that comes up will be on the wrong subject. I know what I'm looking for and I can't find it :)

lol! first thing i tried

So I ended up playing a destroyer match for the first time in a loooong time:
ebHBLkL.jpg

PGZ1yPE.jpg

ihAw6z1.jpg

Dodged a lot of torps and shells. That felt really good

The 5.1 update corrupted my game, so I have to reinstall the whole game. On 1.5 mbs internet connection. FML.

I made the switch to the U.S. Server. I have to start from scratch but that's almost fun to do. My alias is Dayaks if anyone wants to search for me.

Got crushed this evening, out of 15 matches, I think my team won 2. I died in most of them. At one point, I had exited back to port after dying so quickly (again), and had 3 ships currently in play...lol.

Just loaded the update. At shipyard home screen it appears taht all my ships have been significantly enhanced in textures and additional detailed elements.

My Aoba looks a lot better!

The 5.1 update corrupted my game, so I have to reinstall the whole game. On 1.5 mbs internet connection. FML.

Didn't happen this time, but it has happened at least twice in the past.

lol! first thing i tried

The only reason I know about it is because of being on the USS Belknap.

When she was re-commissioned in 1980 (after her devastating 1975 collision with the USS Kennedy), the original re-commissioning Captain had a flair for things of the past, and implemented "LampLighters" duty. As far as I know, she was the only ship since WWII or thereabouts to do so.

It's a royal pain in the ass.

As you may or may not know, colors (the lowering of the flag) occurs at Sunset. In the old days, they also used to have LampLighters stationed throughout the ship to turn off the white lights and switch to red lights. Everywhere. At exactly the same time.

Now for decades most ships didn't give a fuck if the ship went from white to red everywhere, instantly. But not on Belknap :)

We had lamplighters from re-commissioning, to the time I reported on board in 1982, to the time I left in 1985.

Every single hatch leading to an interior passageway with lights had to have a man stationed to flip the switch over to red when the whistle blew.

Or to white in the morning.

And it was a pain in the ass.

This is the best I can remember of what I was told about lamplighters.

So I ended up playing a destroyer match for the first time in a loooong time:
ebHBLkL.jpg

PGZ1yPE.jpg

ihAw6z1.jpg

Dodged a lot of torps and shells. That felt really good

Nice! I love US dds the most I think. Since I switched servers I am using US dds and German cruisers so far. Still figuring out if I like the German ships.

Thanks. Conducting a successful ambush is hugely rewarding with DDs, sort of miss that gameplay.

German cruisers, though, are a huge pain in the ass to play. The Test Server let me get to the Hindenberg and I thought the Admiral Hipper, Roon and especially the Hindenberg were excellent. I just don't think I can bother dealing with the ships beforehand for some time, lol.

Thanks. Conducting a successful ambush is hugely rewarding with DDs, sort of miss that gameplay.

German cruisers, though, are a huge pain in the ass to play. The Test Server let me get to the Hindenberg and I thought the Admiral Hipper, Roon and especially the Hindenberg were excellent. I just don't think I can bother dealing with the ships beforehand for some time, lol.

Yeah learning to save your smoke until you're within torp range of a few ships.... is glorious. I played with Chibe some. I don't regret switching to the US server.

I had a game with 17 torp hits with a T4 US DD. I can't remember having this many in a game (without being a carrier). I took out 7 ships... I attribute it to my bottle of Jack + AC/DC playing.

shot-15.11.06_12.56.53-0875_zpsxqkx6qow.jpg

shot-15.11.06_12.56.56-0765_zpsbo6dgsjk.jpg
[/URL]
shot-15.11.06_12.57.00-0295_zps4rgnfb5g.jpg

I see UberZuchini is available. Any good at Jap BB captain trainer?

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/1204/

I have more fun in the Wyoming. That premium is an ok ship IMO. Range is a little short. 10 guns... nothing really special about it. Wyoming has more guns and we know more guns = more fun. Myogi has more range.

Last edited:
To do the spoiler tag, its [ spoiler=something goes here ]
[/spoiler]

(without the spaces next to the [] ).

Also, gratz on the clemson clean sweep.

I think they buffed the Atago, at least a tiny bit.

I just survived my first game in it, ever.

It didn't feel any different, but it seems at least a few of the picture windows have been borded over, and they added ONE repair party consumable. It helps.

konnigsberg is stupidly op for T5, nurnberg is perfect for T6, yorck so far is a steaming pile of crap, guns transverse way to slow. the biggest issue i have with it is that something feels off as far as the round physics.. it's almost like the rounds hit a brick wall and fall out of the air above your target when firing beyond 10km. you're firing 210mm guns yet the 150's on a nurnberg do way more damage. i dunno something just feels really off about the yorck compared to all the other german cruisers.. dunno how much longer i'm willing to grind it to get to the Hipper.

oh and forgot, you do NO DAMAGE to DD's in the yorck.. WTF wargaming!!!

Only thing I know is this: Russian ship, stronk ship. And there seems to be absent from my port.

Only thing I know is this: Russian ship, stronk ship. And there seems to be absent from my port.

they can take a beating that's for sure but still not a fan of them just yet but i decided to go back to grinding them since i've lost interest in german cruisers after reaching the yorck (holy crap is that ship bad)..

Been having massive issues with BBs with this patch. Can't citadel any ship to save my life.

Yup, waiting for it too. Hopefully it will be $20-ish no flags package.

they can take a beating that's for sure but still not a fan of them just yet but i decided to go back to grinding them since i've lost interest in german cruisers after reaching the yorck (holy crap is that ship bad)..

Reviews and numbers I've seen so far make it one of the best Tier IV along with maxed Arkansas Beta.

Been having massive issues with BBs with this patch. Can't citadel any ship to save my life.

WG did a stealth nerf to bb with their fix of "armor ricochet handling". I guess this changed how bb AP shells penetrated smaller weaker targets and lessened chances of penetration on other bb and cruisers.

Back