World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
OMG OMG OMG !!!

Have you guys played the NEW version of World of Warships?

It's only available if you have one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XR382CQ...&qid=1485133010&sr=8-1&keywords=Acer+XR382CQK

:)

Holy what a difference it makes! I may actually able to shoot use Guns and hit something now!

It's really almost like cheating.

Call me converted :)

Now I just need to learn how to set up Freesync :)

it should be in the menu, but you don't have a freesync capable card if I remember correctly.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.simw.com/ship-console.html

1567puf.jpg

well there's your problem... you're playing the essex. didn't get the memo that the USN CV line ends at the lexington, eh? :p

Nothing wrong with it :) I can walk all over Thai-Hoes all dayyyy (Using AS or stock), just seems like 0 luck. lol
(no problem with the taiho, i'm at ~60% with that CV)

WTR for carriers is whack

XP wise, plane shootdowns are king,

WTR damage is what seems to give you more points

Last edited:
AND FUCKING AGAIN
lol even got CS in a T9 CV

shot-17.02.19_23.29.05-0064.jpg

Attachments

• shot-17.02.19_23.27.56-0262.jpg
    shot-17.02.19_23.27.56-0262.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 45
New monitor in action:

upload_2017-2-19_23-37-19.png

It really does change this game.

It doesn't look big until you realize that's a FIVE foot desk it 's sitting on.

and guess what? again....

Not only did I walk over all over their Taiho, I even killed 3 ships and we still lose, because our cruiser couldn't kill a benson which was spotted for 5 minutes straight

shot-17.02.19_23.51.23-0059.jpg

Nothing wrong with it :) I can walk all over Thai-Hoes all dayyyy (Using AS or stock), just seems like 0 luck. lol
(no problem with the taiho, i'm at ~60% with that CV)

WTR for carriers is whack

XP wise, plane shootdowns are king,

WTR damage is what seems to give you more points

beating a taiho isn't the problem.. it's that the essex doesn't really bring anything else to the table to help the team.. for every TB/bomber launch the taiho's launched and recovered twice and thats where the essex and midway fail miserably.

and there's the problem with the WTR stat.. win/loss mean nothing, plane kills for CV's mean nothing.. but don't worry if you can be the most useless teammate possible by farming damage you'll get the best WTR possible.. warships today seriously needs to get rid of that metric. it serves zero purpose in this game and does nothing to improve an already embarrassingly bad player base.

beating a taiho isn't the problem.. it's that the essex doesn't really bring anything else to the table to help the team.. for every TB/bomber launch the taiho's launched and recovered twice and thats where the essex and midway fail miserably.

and there's the problem with the WTR stat.. win/loss mean nothing, plane kills for CV's mean nothing.. but don't worry if you can be the most useless teammate possible by farming damage you'll get the best WTR possible.. warships today seriously needs to get rid of that metric. it serves zero purpose in this game and does nothing to improve an already embarrassingly bad player base.

I understand that, and I usually hunt DDs on the AS build out, which is why the damage is always so low, 1 strike on a BB is usually 20K+ if you don't count fires , so It's not like i'm not helping the team, I'm still ending up in the top 4, and rendering their CV useless, if our team is even to theirs, at the very least, we should be somewhat close, not a total steam roll, like what's happening now.

4 straight losses, :) every single game I have come close to keeping their CV useless, and in 1 game, I even had highest kills on the team lol.. just can't win on it, I do worse on the taiho and still win

I'm starting to think WG hates US CVs ~.~

Last edited:
We need to all pitch in 20 dablooms each to get Business back in the shit :)

yeah, doubloons isn't going to make that happen..lol. He seemed pretty relieved to be done with ships.

nah, I think he was pretty frustrated with ships over the past few months. If it's not fun to play, then no point in doing it just to keep making videos.

nah, I think he was pretty frustrated with ships over the past few months. If it's not fun to play, then no point in doing it just to keep making videos.

Damn.

To be honest, WoWs is the most fun game I've played short of iRacing, which I haven't been able to enjoy lately due to my leg issues.

WoWs will never be perfect or make everyone happy, but it is brilliant in it's own right.

Damn.

To be honest, WoWs is the most fun game I've played short of iRacing, which I haven't been able to enjoy lately due to my leg issues.

WoWs will never be perfect or make everyone happy, but it is brilliant in it's own right.

No one twisted my shaft; it was of my own volition. As dave said it was the cumulative effect of months of bullshit and the obvious degradation in match quality which took the fun of the game away. Add to it that I don't think the game has any real future whatsoever between content nor balancing and that seals the deal for me. I don't trust WG to make the game interesting or to make the changes that I think are necessary to un-fuck the bogged down gameplay.

i'm pretty much in the same boat at this point. the only saving grace WoWS has is clan wars and until that's added i have zero desire to play the game outside of doing the competitive stuff.. i don't have much hope for clan wars being worth a damn though sadly given their recent ship changes and game play changes that make absolutely no sense other than to increase the handicap for garbage players.

Well.. the garbage players make up for a lot of the user base, and new players are usually by nature bad at the game, so they're trying to make it more user friendly(easy to play and enjoy for the less skilled @ the game)

IMO what they need to do is create a better learning curve at lower tiers, so that people actually learn to play the game by the time they are at a higher tier.

Last edited:
I still enjoy it, but it can be so annoying at times. Had a game a couple nights ago where we are up 3 or 4 ships, have 2 of 3 caps & and a couple hundred points. Team should have just come together and played defensive, but nope, gotta lemming 1 by 1 into RhinkMkII's division to die and lose the game. It's the utter lack of awareness of the big picture.

I still think full voice chat between all team members would go a long way to improving play. Yeah, there will be asshats but there always are.

I just don't have time to type a lot of shit while in a fight.

I still think full voice chat between all team members would go a long way to improving play. Yeah, there will be asshats but there always are.

I just don't have time to type a lot of shit while in a fight.
No thanks, it's hard enough with 2 divisions in 1 channel, all 12 people would drive me insane.

it's really not that bad, lol.. i play with 12 person voip on MWO all day and it's a non issue. usually only ends up being 3-4 people talking anyways. maybe once every couple nights you get the annoying dumb ass but it's easy to mute them. theres a massive difference on coms with 12 random people vs 12 people that know each other..

Well.. the garbage players make up for a lot of the user base, and new players are usually by nature bad at the game, so they're trying to make it more user friendly(easy to play and enjoy for the less skilled @ the game)

IMO what they need to do is create a better learning curve at lower tiers, so that people actually learn to play the game by the time they are at a higher tier.

there's zero incentive to ever get better at the game so why would people want to do that? the only way to fix low tier is to slow the progression down but then it creates a problem that already exists now with people skipping the grind by buying high tier premium ships that have no fucking clue what they're doing.

Last edited:
I differ that I don't hope the potatoes will get better or blame them. I blame Wargamings MM for not equally balancing the potatoes...

I differ that I don't hope the potatoes will get better or blame them. I blame Wargamings MM for not equally balancing the potatoes...

that i completely agree on.. why they don't use a MMR system like every other friggin game out there i don't know..

Cheats won't give them much, I don't sail in a straight line long enough, maybe against players who sail straight , and when RNG is on their side.

it's just another handicap, it doesn't make the person better nor do they go from being complete shit to the greatest player ever.. they only work in T1-5'ish because people just drive in straight lines since they don't know any better.. cheating doesn't work and never will in WoWS because it's not a point and shoot game like world of tanks or other first person shooters.

Jesus.. this is why carriers suck :)

105k between both izumos, another 100k between 2 Amagis, 29 planes down, and still shitty experience and credits

shot-17.02.27_01.18.44-0325.jpg
shot-17.02.27_01.18.42-0488.jpg

Just wanted to say that I've been playing the Fiji the past few weeks and it's such a hilariously OP ship in the hands of a skilled player. I really hope they never nerf it, but my god..

And yet they still wonder why people don't play carriers...

Yup, and I understand that CVs generally can do a lot of damage, but it takes a fair bit of coordination and patience, with the insane AA at higher tiers, it only gets harder.

The baltimore that got first there, had 115K damage that round, with 0 caps.

Back