World Community Grid

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Gilthanis, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Gilthanis

Gilthanis [H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014

Though WCG is my preferred project, if you are using it to stress test the build... you may want to run one of the math projects like PrimeGrid or SRBase. They will take advantage of the AVX extensions which will push the system a bit harder. That way if you are OC'ing, that would give you the most reliable testing. IMO anyways. Glad to have you back.

2. pututu

pututu [H]ard DCOTM x2

Are there anything "cheap" in Cali after adding sales axe and income axe?:D

Glad I installed solar (small one though) a few years back and with PG&E going bankrupt, expect to pay more in the future:(

I love WCG but currently chasing after personal goals and helping our team in Formula BOINC (FB).

Welcome back!

3. wings2004

wings2004 Limp Gawd

No... Not at all... I wish I could get somes but unfortunately I'm renting in the Bay area, unless someone knows how to do temporary solar.

I've installed through BOINC so I might jump on some of the FB challenges, I figured I saw WCG on there so it would support either way.

Regarding stressing the system, my current rig is a poor 2600k so I don't want to beat it up too much. The new system will be water-cooled as well so I'd feel more comfortable pushing that one.

Just to confirm our WCG team is HardOCP right? I see on FB that it has the brackets but that's the one I found searching for teams.

4. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

That's correct. The correct team on WCG is HardOCP. All others use the brackets.

5. ChristianVirtual

ChristianVirtual [H]ard DCOTM Mar 2016,Aug 2017

HSTB seems to come quicker to an end; now at 93% overall completion.